Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely don't post, but some of complaining is getting a little much. Do you really think an ITK would pass on what information they've heard, only for it to be false? Things change so quickly in today's football.

Example: My friend's dad is Managing Director for a SPL team. While he's been on faction visiting his son, he's allowed us to sit in on the conference calls between decision other decision makers and potential signings and their representatives. I've personally heard deals supposedly completed, only to hear an hour later that it hasn't. From "we got a flat tire" to "his dog got a stomach ache " on the way to the medical.

Those aren't even world class players being signed. I could only imagine how fluid the situation is for players that have top clubs from different leagues, image rights, etc. that have to be negotiated.

Hope the dog was alright !

You're wasting your time mate.

The Esk says we're getting Mata, Witsel and Carvalho so how dare you question it.

You're just being a bedwetter (whatever that means).

got nowt to do with that though has it?

I'm not exactly massively confident on any of those above names coming in but this idea that we aren't actively looking to make signings is nonsense.

We just don't air our dirty laundry in public. Some clubs do.

When we leak something to the media it's usually cos it's done.

Cheers lads

Seriously though, as if we're in for him FFS

One of the strangest ones i have seen for a whilst, linked basically a few hours after Wolfsburg make a statement he's not being sold amid the Arsenal interest, all i can guess is that one of either these two things, - we are in a list of clubs that they will now link to anyone of a certain calibre that has anyone else sniffing around them, or we are just being used by agents who are trying to get another team to bid - that the client wants to go to.

One of the strangest ones i have seen for a whilst, linked basically a few hours after Wolfsburg make a statement he's not being sold amid the Arsenal interest, all i can guess is that one of either these two things, - we are in a list of clubs that they will now link to anyone of a certain calibre that has anyone else sniffing around them, or we are just being used by agents who are trying to get another team to bid - that the client wants to go to.

definitely the former. if anything the article focused more on Arsenal than us anyway

Can probably speak for a lot of people on this site when i say this.

If everton spent 50 million so far on a 32 year old, player from the championship and jack butland for 30 million then the place would be full of fume. Not saying i don't rate any of those players, just 50 million for that?! May as well pack in now and just accept mid table. Especially when that 50 million can buy much better players.

that is in the instance of signing the 3 of them all on the same day for that sort of price.

Well people will fume with

Stek £750k
Gibson renewal
Gueye £7.2mil
Williams £10mil+

But would surely be happy with butland at £30mil ..

definitely the former. if anything the article focused more on Arsenal than us anyway

Aye can usually tell from the structure of an article which ones are just us being thrown out their by an agent with an agenda, Arnautovich was blatantly obvious that, sigurdsson looked like it too from early on after the story, same with this one too

Well people will fume with

Stek £750k
Gibson renewal
Gueye £7.2mil
Williams £10mil+

But would surely be happy with butland at £30mil ..

bar Gibson (who in fairness has been used a lot in pre-season) all three (granted Williams is far from done) are/would be improvements in areas we were 'weak' in.

Personally think Butland will be holding out for one of the 'BIG' clubs mate when he moves from Stoke, United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea should any of their current starting keepers move on he'd be the logical choice, until then staying at Stoke his reputation will just keep rising - as theres nothing better for a keeper than being in a side thats a bit meh to prove themselves.

As for Stones - he's gone, and i'm strangely not that bothered about it - maybe will change in 5 years like when he's bossing it...

Personally if i was butland and saw (at window start) we had Stones +Barkley as well as several english prospects coming through id know that id be watched by england much more than at stoke. Also seeing lukaku and others id know european clubs would know who i was if i fancied a move abroad or bigger sponsorship deals and endorsements....

This plus a huge pay rise would swing it especially looking at de gea courtois and whoever pep signs being long term 3years+ leaving just arsenal...could be possible

You're wasting your time mate.

The Esk says we're getting Mata, Witsel and Carvalho so how dare you question it.

You're just being a bedwetter (whatever that means).

You have it twisted.

A bedwetter isnt somebody that questions the info from Esk, thats everybodys right.

A bedwetter is somebody that posts negative drivel every post about how its all a lie and counting down the days till the season starts, totally forgetting that the window still has just under 4 weeks to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back