Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gueye (and potential williams) signings proved very few people genuinely know stuff regarding the club's dealings as no one named them. Instead of blindly following and/or slagging off posters giving supposed inside info why don't people just wait and see what happens.

Are we just writing off the first three matches, and potential nine points, of the season then? It doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.

I think we still plan to play those matches, with a squad almost identical to the 72 point squad from 2 seasons past. In the meantime, what seems like a really horrible strategy to me, is to bring in lesser players in order to get them in quicker, than waiting for the ideal players, who not only will end up playing 35-36 matches this season, but also 38 matches next season, and 38 matches the next. If we bring in a player who is just 97% as good as a player we bring in 2 matches later, we missed out. Because over the course of 3 seasons a great player will play over 100 matches for us, and nobody will ever remember the 2 he missed. In my opinion there is nothing so foolish and short sighted as missing out on the best of the best because of a lack of patience. Its how organizations are ruined or flounder in mediocracy.

@The Esk

How do you view the mood 'behind the scenes' at the moment at Everton regarding transfers? People keeping calm, everything going to plan or becoming more frantic as the clock ticks by?

I'm sure we are still targeting 5-6 positions for new players. Do you think we are looking at multiple targets per position, so that if one comes to nothing we have already done some time saving groundwork on another?

09967d7fb2d44209b346ceb07ca37210.jpg

FFS CHILL OUT EVERYONE!!!!!! I GOT THIS.......

I think you - along with many others here - have lost sight of what this football lark is all about.

The transfer window close date is irrelevant. Players are signed to improve our chances of winning matches. Those matches start in just over a week.
I think you - along with many others here - have lost sight of what this football lark is all about.

The transfer window close date is irrelevant. Players are signed to improve our chances of winning matches. Those matches start in just over a week.

The transfer window that is your God has been open for over two months. Yet here we are with a reduced squad and two players signed from the lower leagues.

When will people face up to the fact that they've been misled? Seriously, what will it take? Im sure that if the window closed with no additions people would still be running around shouting "In Esk we trust though".

The transfer window that is your God has been open for over two months. Yet here we are with a reduced squad and two players signed from the lower leagues.

When will people face up to the fact that they've been misled? Seriously, what will it take? Im sure that if the window closed with no additions people would still be running around shouting "In Esk we trust though".

How old are you lad? Serious question. Have you not lived through a transfer window before? Are you completely oblivious to the fact that 95% of business is done in the last 2 days? The start of the season is a mere inconvenience that bows to that process.

So, to use your own words, when will you face up to that fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back