Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A serious question deserves a serious answer: I'm 35. Although what that has to do with anything I don't know.

With regards to the rest of your post, how does all that tally with the 'Witsel is ours' statement that was made with certainty several weeks ago?

....you're still banging on abarrrrr this.

Move on dude...stop hurting yourself.

Do you seriously think that the confidence of a group of professionals is so brittle (not that I expect us to lose our first 3 matches)?

Martinez is a good example of that in fairness but I can't see Koeman allowing his squad to implode the same way lol.

Do you think there's any chance of some transfer progress tomorrow?

Are we just writing off the first three matches, and potential nine points, of the season then? It doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.

Make it 4 significant signings, like was claimed was certain, then yes, I absolutely will.

Mate, we're not Hull... we currently have a team (21 senior players plus a lot of exciting young players). Our opener against Spurs is our hardest game in the first few weeks... our current squad didn't lose to them last year and this was in a season where we played massively within ourselves.
Our team now is stronger than it was last season, not by a whole lot but thinking that what we have now is incapable of winning a premier league match is doing a massive disservice to some of the great players at the club.... you know the ones that are being touted as going for fees in excess of the players that we are trying to buy ourselves.

By the way, you must be the user who mentions @The Esk the most on here - which is incredibly ironic considering you say that's all any other user on here talks about.

Even if you consider the situation where you're absolutely 100% correct about everything you're saying? Tell me what the point is in continually banging the same drum when it's obvious that you're not going to convince anyone who wants to be positive about this season and you're preaching to the converted when it comes to those who want to spend their days in misery over something they have absolutely no power over.

Do you seriously think that the confidence of a group of professionals is so brittle (not that I expect us to lose our first 3 matches)?
Southampton had a rocky start last season under RK and it turned out alright for them.

Maybe , we should ask the question about what is expected of Everton next season.
I think that some peoples expectation may be getting the better of them.
Even, if we signed all the marquee players that we want, it will take time for the group to gel.

Mate, we're not Hull... we currently have a team (21 senior players plus a lot of exciting young players). Our opener against Spurs is our hardest game in the first few weeks... our current squad didn't lose to them last year and this was in a season where we played massively within ourselves.
Our team now is stronger than it was last season, not by a whole lot but thinking that what we have now is incapable of winning a premier league match is doing a massive disservice to some of the great players at the club.... you know the ones that are being touted as going for fees in excess of the players that we are trying to buy ourselves.

By the way, you must be the user who mentions @The Esk the most on here - which is incredibly ironic considering you say that's all any other user on here talks about.

Even if you consider the situation where you're absolutely 100% correct about everything you're saying? Tell me what the point is in continually banging the same drum when it's obvious that you're not going to convince anyone who wants to be positive about this season and you're preaching to the converted when it comes to those who want to spend their days in misery over something they have absolutely no power over.

;) to all that...

Going off the final eight games of last season that's exactly what I think. Were you on holiday?

Look at the circumstances we found ourselves in at the end of last season. A totally discredited style of football that none of the players believed in, managed and coached (using the term loosely) by a management team that had lost the confidence of Moshiri, the players and the fans.

A totally different set of circumstances.

What's the point in anybody posting their thoughts about anything?

I don't know really. It's like a sore tooth I can't stop touching.

I'm genuinely fascinated by this thread. It could be used as a case study of irrational cults by sociology students.

The Esk should start his own religion. He could claim the world was going to end every Friday and make a mint.

You're wasting your time mate.

The Esk says we're getting Mata, Witsel and Carvalho so how dare you question it.

You're just being a bedwetter (whatever that means).

You're upset aren't you. I can understand. The ITK's, real or supposed, put info out there and are either proven correct or we light the fires and get the pitchforks out. But the window isn't closed yet, so we should just wait and see before striking the matches and sharpening the points. This is just a football forum with lads you do not really know. The Daily Newspapers come out with far more rumour or informed insight, which will be wrong, than happens on here. What will be will be, save your desperation and anger until the appropriate time.....and even then, count to 100 before putting into print your disapproval......

What's the point in anybody posting their thoughts about anything?

I don't know really. It's like a sore tooth I can't stop touching.

I'm genuinely fascinated by this thread. It could be used as a case study of irrational cults by sociology students.

The Esk should start his own religion. He could claim the world was going to end every Friday and make a mint.

A psychology student could do a study based on obsession and stalking from your posts on esk as well lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back