Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you lad? Serious question. Have you not lived through a transfer window before? Are you completely oblivious to the fact that 95% of business is done in the last 2 days? The start of the season is a mere inconvenience that bows to that process.

So, to use your own words, when will you face up to that fact?
A serious question deserves a serious answer: I'm 35. Although what that has to do with anything I don't know.

With regards to the rest of your post, how does all that tally with the 'Witsel is ours' statement that was made with certainty several weeks ago?

@The Esk

How do you view the mood 'behind the scenes' at the moment at Everton regarding transfers? People keeping calm, everything going to plan or becoming more frantic as the clock ticks by?

I'm sure we are still targeting 5-6 positions for new players. Do you think we are looking at multiple targets per position, so that if one comes to nothing we have already done some time saving groundwork on another?

Difficult as I'm quite a distance away, but given the quality of people we have now in the club I'd say it's business as usual.

Inside the club there's knowledge that we are offering a very strong proposition albeit against very tough competition given the quality of players we are seeking to attract.

I'm certain there's a pipeline of prospects for different positions depending upon the progress and likelihood of acquiring the main targets.

As fans we'd obviously like the business completed before the first game, however all clubs realise that the reality is that the last two weeks of the window will be the critical time.

I haven't changed my view that we'll bring in another 7 (now we have Gueye) with 3 or 4 being before the first match of the season.

Are we just writing off the first three matches, and potential nine points, of the season then? It doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.

Make it 4 significant signings, like was claimed was certain, then yes, I absolutely will.

there are no such thing as certainties. people seem to forget how low we've sank under the previous regime. it will take time to make us an attractive proposition again.

A serious question deserves a serious answer: I'm 35. Although what that has to do with anything I don't know.

With regards to the rest of your post, how does all that tally with the 'Witsel is ours' statement that was made with certainty several weeks ago?

It's a fair question and my honest response is that either the poster knows / knew something that either is still in a holding pattern or the situation has dramatically changed (which it can), or he had the wool pulled over his eyes.

However what does that guy's opinion or statement have to do with us plumping for 2nd or 3rd choice targets this early in the transfer window when our alleged 1st choice targets are still available?

Are we just writing off the first three matches, and potential nine points, of the season then? It doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.
This has been concerning me a lot too. Lose our first three games and morale will drop already, and the fans' optimism will disappear and it'll be reminiscent of the Martinez era once more. Right now our squad is nowhere near good enough, and it's clear as day things have gone badly wrong this summer with regards to our targets. So much for our busy week, eh? One midfielder from one of the worst Premier League teams in its history.

Our fans are getting closer and closer to their heads falling off and doing this lol:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12276-1405435047-5.gif

Hopefully this is all worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back