Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @davek
In these uncertain times just be grateful we at least have a modicum of style.

Coi2eLSWYAAtkF9.jpg

That won't be a diet coke he's after.

There's no way this summer's inactivity can be sugar coated, I'm afraid. Beyond all the Pollyanna stuff about 'new dawns' and 'pages being turned' off-field, we are in a very familiar summer holding pattern. If this was happening under Kenwright's sole control the Walton Luftwaffe wouldn't have waited for the Spurs game - they'd be up there now trailing a message demanding Bill's nuts on a plate.

Anyone who saw the muck served up at OT and much of preseason knows we need a boost.

A pre-season wrecked, imo.

Welcome back, Dave. The forum's changed a bit in your absence. For example, @Neiziro's left testicle has dropped, we lost an Australian racist fan to Liverpool, and @bizzaro has been tagging the esk into all his posts in your absence.

Glad normality is restored.

the £100m warchest is what was promised to Koeman to entice him away from Soton. It leaked out to the media.

I still want to know where this 100m figure came from, no one at Everton has ever mentioned it. The figure just seemed to appear on the forums and then the media started printing it and then it became a thing. Unless there is more to it ?

Welcome back old friend!

Everything you say is right but to be fair, if you wanted to summarise the gist of this whole thread, I think you just did in that one post.

We know we'll have to sell some quality (even if it's only Stones - I can't see anyone else beyond that unless Rom freaks out), and we hope we'll buy some in (admittedly after the start of the season by the looks of things). If that happens we'll be happy. Won't we?

As I see it: we are desperate now for incomings.

I thought all this was a thing of the past. Apparently not. I know we have to box clever in terms of not being left with players who aren't happy and getting the right money for them, but stuff like a quality GK should have been done and dusted weeks ago...and we know the FB berths need major strengthening.

As I see it: we are desperate now for incomings.

I thought all this was a thing of the past. Apparently not. I know we have to box clever in terms of not being left with players who aren't happy and getting the right money for them, but stuff like a quality GK should have been done and dusted weeks ago...and we know the FB berths need major strengthening.

Welcome back DaveK

What do you make of Martinez taking over at Belgium ?

Landed on his feet eh

Probably...after the transfer budget arrives from Man City.
The sad truth. Is Koeman really such a greedy get that he'd swap one selling club in Southampton for another in Everton, for a meagre what, 2m a year more? To him, a man who has millions in the bank, that's chicken feed. Sad times. All the signs are pointing to us waiting for another team to provide us with a transfer budget, despite what our friend the Esk says. Apparently we should have signed Mata four times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back