Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just typically "Everton"we all had the enthusiasm the majority shareholder,new boss,DOF,we've all bought into it,record season ticket sales and yet I myself am "bricking" it about next season especially after witnessing that "performance" yesterday,pre season or not we are not in good nick.
1000% this. Sad, but so true. Everton all over. We could sign Messi, but would end up selling Stones, Lukaku then finding out after end of the transfer window Messi is only here on loan until January and isn't actually allowed to play.

Just typically "Everton"we all had the enthusiasm the majority shareholder,new boss,DOF,we've all bought into it,record season ticket sales and yet I myself am "bricking" it about next season especially after witnessing that "performance" yesterday,pre season or not we are not in good nick.

Agreed. You'd have thought 'new broom' and all that...But the players don't seem to have responded in any way.

Things aren't right.

Similar echoes to when Peter Johnston took over in 1994. We were linked with Ferdinand, Sutton, Dahlin, had a few farcical transfer failures (Muller) before landing Amokachi based on a half decent World Cup.

We have again appeared to have lofty transfer ambition but as yet nothing has materialised. There is still time though and if it means a potential shaky start then that is sadly the reality. The season is long.

94/95 went for nightmare to fairytale and by the following summer we signed Kanchelskis and had the FA Cup in the cabinet, so I will not be panicking just yet.

Good comparrison mate

Similar echoes to when Peter Johnston took over in 1994. We were linked with Ferdinand, Sutton, Dahlin, had a few farcical transfer failures (Muller) before landing Amokachi based on a half decent World Cup.

We have again appeared to have lofty transfer ambition but as yet nothing has materialised. There is still time though and if it means a potential shaky start then that is sadly the reality. The season is long.

94/95 went for nightmare to fairytale and by the following summer we signed Kanchelskis and had the FA Cup in the cabinet, so I will not be panicking just yet.
Hasn't helped having The Esk on here telling us all the players we're signing or who have agreed to join us and how everything is going to be so great and we're going to be like nothing you've ever seen before with the 'best stadium in world football' and all that. Doesn't appear correct really when the league starts in 6 days and all we've signed is two players from the league below and are fighting to keep our two best players from jumping ship.

Now for the record I believe in what Esk tells us. Not doubting it whatsoever.

But I wonder if all these players we are signing are along the lines of the Mourinho Intel he had? Last resort hence the lack of signing?

BIG difference mate, Spurs by and large had a great season for them, and are going to be going into this season with a huge amount of confidence and a team that worked very very well as a unit this year, and as a young team is now a year older and more experienced, by that alone they will have very much improved, they have also plugged their two biggest weaknesses in the team - no backup to Kane (singed Janssen) no backup to Dembele (signed Wanyama)

meanwhilst we utterly fell apart last season and whilst we have a new manager bounce going into this season, its still the saem group of players who basically collapsed last year and that showed serious character issues in the team that havent been adressed by a long shot. bringing in genuine quality would have massively effected us posuitively moreson than a team which was on the up doing so would have

I agree on that mate but not with people writing us off.

Just a few days ago you were one of the ones saying we could beat Spurs as I recall.

Obviously, top quality additions would've helped, but they haven't arrived (yet). We still have a good side to put out though and hopefully will be boosted by two new signings next week should all go to plan (whether they'll be fit to play is obviously a different issue).

From what we've seen, I can safely predict this will be the likely line up vs Spurs barring any more injuries:

Stekelenburg

Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Baines

Gueye
Barry

Lennon/Del
Barkley
Mirallas

Lukaku

That's a strong starting XI. Whether it'll be enough to beat them who knows. Fingers crossed we may have signed Williams by Monday/Tuesday and he may be able to at least come into the squad.

Friendlies are hard to judge. Yesterday was flat and I think partly that may be down to the lads not wanting to risk anything on the eve of the season as well.

Still definitely need additions, and the sooner the better, but the deadline on that is in a few weeks, not days.

What I am reading into it is that the season starts next weekend, and EFC have stood still

If we're in the same situation when the window closes I'll agree with the sentiment

hardly 'stood still' though. new manager and system throughout the club for one. the playing staff need improving - pretty sure those additions will come in

I agree on that mate but not with people writing us off.

Just a few days ago you were one of the ones saying we could beat Spurs as I recall.

Obviously, top quality additions would've helped, but they haven't arrived (yet). We still have a good side to put out though and hopefully will be boosted by two new signings next week should all go to plan (whether they'll be fit to play is obviously a different issue).

From what we've seen, I can safely predict this will be the likely line up vs Spurs barring any more injuries:

Stekelenburg

Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Baines

Gueye
Barry

Lennon/Del
Barkley
Mirallas

Lukaku

That's a strong starting XI. Whether it'll be enough to beat them who knows. Fingers crossed we may have signed Williams by Monday/Tuesday and he may be able to at least come into the squad.

Friendlies are hard to judge. Yesterday was flat and I think partly that may be down to the lads not wanting to risk anything on the eve of the season as well.

Still definitely need additions, and the sooner the better, but the deadline on that is in a few weeks, not days.

We can beat spurs mate, but given the respective state of both squads at seasons end they have addressed areas they needed to - mainly the depth, we haven't addressed any of our much longer problem areas.

You've got to think this Walsh fella knows a few targets that are off the radar and have the potential to be a Kante or Mahrez type signing.

he must have a file on most eurpean players and under 21 players...

he must know of players who would fit our style, surely??

its not like he's just been promoted from within the club, this fella has 16 years experience in scouting and deals, his filofax must be falling apart thro sheer volume of stats in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back