Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be fine. I reckon we could see 1 in next week, then have a deadline day similar to the Lukaku/McCarthy/Barry one of a couple of years back. Gradual improvements over the season, top 7 finish and then win the lot next season with Cleverly winning the ballon d'or.
Think someone has spiked my morning coffee with that last bit.
Not just the last bit.

But, but lads... we all know we haven't spent a bean because Pogba to united is slowing down everyone else. I mean, how can we be expected to sign Carvalho from Sporting when Pogba is still at Juve?! Oh wait...

Must be we are waiting to sell stones as we cant put people on big wages yet... oh no. Lying again.

Must be the agents and all the other clubs of the countless players we have been in negations with moving the goal posts again... oh wait. That one is defo a load of poo.

Lads. We are Everton. We have been lied to for the last 30 years. Best way is to expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. Hopefully the new chairman has this. If not at least the fume will be a laugh.

Think you need fresh air, your head has well and truly fell off.

You can only judge the window after its closed.

Sure I'd have liked to see us conclude our business early, but is obvious that we've not been able to get our targets over the line as yet, for numerous reasons.

Now is not the time to be cry arsing about being lied to and the 'same old Everton' routine, hold your nerve ffs. If we're sat here on the 1st Sept and there's been no significant progress then we can start asking questions.
Spot on mate but even we got half of the Madrid team some on here would still moan, as you say judge on sept 1

he must have a file on most eurpean players and under 21 players...

he must know of players who would fit our style, surely??

its not like he's just been promoted from within the club, this fella has 16 years experience in scouting and deals, his filofax must be falling apart thro sheer volume of stats in it

he dropped his cup of tea on his book of all contacts and players and is having to start from scratch

he must have a file on most eurpean players and under 21 players...

he must know of players who would fit our style, surely??

its not like he's just been promoted from within the club, this fella has 16 years experience in scouting and deals, his filofax must be falling apart thro sheer volume of stats in it

he dropped his cup of tea on his book of all contacts and players and is having to start from scratch

If nothing else we needed new signings to lift the gloom around the club that has manifested during Martinez reign. That hasn't happened and so the atmosphere around the club(certainly from a fans perspective) seems to be one of negativity.

On that basis alone, just having fresh faces for the fans to cheer against Spuds, could have completely changed the mood from flat to rocking. Just a thought.

I obviously believe we will sign players, but I think we have missed a golden opportunity to start the season buzzing. Unless we sign a few this week.

But, but lads... we all know we haven't spent a bean because Pogba to united is slowing down everyone else. I mean, how can we be expected to sign Carvalho from Sporting when Pogba is still at Juve?! Oh wait...

Must be we are waiting to sell stones as we cant put people on big wages yet... oh no. Lying again.

Must be the agents and all the other clubs of the countless players we have been in negations with moving the goal posts again... oh wait. That one is defo a load of poo.

Lads. We are Everton. We have been lied to for the last 30 years. Best way is to expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. Hopefully the new chairman has this. If not at least the fume will be a laugh.
Who exactly is telling the lies mate ?

You can only judge the window after its closed.

Sure I'd have liked to see us conclude our business early, but is obvious that we've not been able to get our targets over the line as yet, for numerous reasons.

Now is not the time to be cry arsing about being lied to and the 'same old Everton' routine, hold your nerve ffs. If we're sat here on the 1st Sept and there's been no significant progress then we can start asking questions.

I've held me nerve. I've only commented on this thread in the last few days (And today I've done 99.9% of my posting) because I've kept me own counsel, but now the season's almost upon us.

Is it too much to ask that we conduct our business early on for once? It's not 'cryarsing' to be extremely wary of the same tired old rigmarole, despite assurances things were looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back