Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first 11 is certainly no where near as poor as some make out - the problem here is our manager trying to install his own style vs 3 years of Martinez. It won't just happen we have to show a little patience - it will happen but we will do more harm if we again become toxic next Saturday. At Koeman rightly said we have to leave last season behind and look forward and give him a bloody chance.

As has been said, some players are unsure if they're coming or going, others have no serious competition. Not good for morale.

I've no gripe against Koeman, I'm sure the overwhelming majority of the fans don't either, but he needs the chance the board can afford him as much as the fans will afford him.

CpQCIILXYAAQe4M.jpg

Good point this mate, whilst I'm still laid back about it all because there is a few weeks left of the window, people are sitting up and taking notice of us, but in a piss taking way, just hope we get to throw it all back in their faces.

One thing i am sure of mate, is when the numbers are broken down come 1st september, then we will not be close to 100m spent, but more importantly for me anyway, we will have nowhere near used up the amount of wages we are allowed to increase by when facilitaed by a a Atones and possibly other sales of players, (roughly a value of 1.2m per week) which will in effect mean our primary ambition and reason for selling Stones will not be entirely genuine

Could do mate, but IMO anyway we are 'haggling' too much, we should have increased the packages offfered, yeah i know it's risky etc, but if as we have been told, the plan is too sell stones and then us that STCC cap to go as high as possible, then right as it stands atm, we will get nowhere near raising it the full ammount, why not go into it with the midset off - yes for the next 2-3 years whilst we are trying to raise the profile of the club, overspend on these players salries to get them over the line.

Short term it would mean we overpay for what we get, but longer term the ambition is to vastly improve the wages we can pay and the wage cap for the team, so end justifies the means IMO.

IF we sell stones and we are allowed to raise the wages paid by the club for the season by say roughly 60m (including a sale of some player like mccarthy or cleverley in addition) and we then go out and only raise the teams wages by say 40m for the season, then the aim we have have all been told is the reason for selling an asset like stones has been not fully utilised and has ultimately been an excuse and a failiure in the 'plan'

deary deary me. Our offers haven't been rejected. The money on offer isn't the issue, it's almost certainly player choice. They have better clubs in for them and they're waiting to see. If our bid e.g. for witsel has been accepted, why would we increase our offer? The money we're already offering is more than handsome, that's not the issue.

deary deary me. Our offers haven't been rejected. The money on offer isn't the issue, it's almost certainly player choice. They have better clubs in for them and they're waiting to see. If our bid e.g. for witsel has been accepted, why would we increase our offer? The money we're already offering is more than handsome, that's not the issue.

As content as he is to stall, it appears we're as content to allow him to. We should be making advances to others. Three players over a period of several weeks and none have signed, yet there seems to be a sense of it being 'them or nobody.'

As content as he is to stall, it appears we're as content to allow him to. We should be making advances to others. Three players over a period of several weeks and none have signed, yet there seems to be a sense of it being 'them or nobody.'

we're a premier league football club, with top businessmen and a fair few scouts. I'm 99% certain we're not doing the "them or nobody" stance. They're our 1st choice targets, we'll wait until the final day if we believe we can still get our backup in in that time as well, which is admirable for me. Our future is more than just getting players in for one game against spurs.

I can honestly see Stones and Lukaku being sold and us spending about £60m of the fees. The board pocketing £40m odd from transfer sales and the £90m Sky money.

Alarm bells have to be ringing for even the most optimistic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back