Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
deary deary me. Our offers haven't been rejected. The money on offer isn't the issue, it's almost certainly player choice. They have better clubs in for them and they're waiting to see. If our bid e.g. for witsel has been accepted, why would we increase our offer? The money we're already offering is more than handsome, that's not the issue.

Never said we have had offers rejected by clubs have I?

Have we made any offer that has been too good to refuse for a player mate? or are we offering a deal 'slightly above what a more currently prestigious team would offer that player?

The money on offer i would argue IS the issue mate, we are not willing to overpay by the amount we would hav eto to get them signing.

Why would we increase our offer? I dunno mate, maybe to actually get the player to sign - like other teams have done in the past when trying to make a form of statement

I can honestly see Stones and Lukaku being sold and us spending about £60m of the fees. The board pocketing £40m odd from transfer sales and the £90m Sky money.

Alarm bells have to be ringing for even the most optimistic now.
I agree mate, we will be in the Championship by Chrsitmas and more than likely get relegated out of the FA Cup. All in the same season as not being allowed entry to the league cup for having the most impatient fans.

I agree mate, we will be in the Championship by Chrsitmas and more than likely get relegated out of the FA Cup. All in the same season as not being allowed entry to the league cup for having the most impatient fans.
Impatient fans?

I'd saying watching a team that has finished bottom half in back-to-back seasons and seeing no significant improvement in the team with a week to go to the new season have a right to start asking questions.

Carry on with your stupid scenarios though, btw it isn't funny.

Never said we have had offers rejected by clubs have I?

Have we made any offer that has been too good to refuse for a player mate? or are we offering a deal 'slightly above what a more currently prestigious team would offer that player?

The money on offer i would argue IS the issue mate, we are not willing to overpay by the amount we would hav eto to get them signing.

Why would we increase our offer? I dunno mate, maybe to actually get the player to sign - like other teams have done in the past when trying to make a form of statement

well i'm basing esk's info over rags and yes he may be wrong. But he's saying we've offered about 8 or 9 million euros more than the only other competitor. And he's happy with the wages offered etc. that's not the issue there.

We probably have some sort of total we need to keep in line with so can't go overspending by a mass amount on all targets as it may mean we have to buy 1 player less.

I don't think what we're offering is the issue, our club's stature is just a lot lower than rivals/the clubs these players believe they should be at.

Impatient fans?

I'd saying watching a team that has finished bottom half in back-to-back seasons and seeing no significant improvement in the team with a week to go to the new season have a right to start asking questions.

Carry on with your stupid scenarios though, btw it isn't funny.

I can honestly see Stones and Lukaku being sold and us spending about £60m of the fees. The board pocketing £40m odd from transfer sales and the £90m Sky money.

Alarm bells have to be ringing for even the most optimistic now.

Oh the irony.

Looks like whoever we sign many on here have had there expectations raised and will be underwhelmed.
The timing of any transfers if there is any has not helped the current board at all.
Need to pull some big name rabbits out of hats before the transfer deadline day passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back