Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it all hinges on the Stones/Lukaku Sale. Weed need the income from the sale to pay for the wages of big signings. I don't believe transfer fees are an issue.
Until we sell either Stones or Lukaku we can only make small signings because we can only pay a little more in wages than we are at the moment. If we don't end up selling either of those two we wont sign anybody mega like we crave

If Koeman wants Bony,never mind Stones leaving,why don't we go and get him?,similar with Hart and Williams,admittedly Hart is overpriced but he has a winning mentality at club level anyway,and is an upgrade on what we had,I can't see us getting anyone better,Williams is an organiser too,these three would improve our team/squad dramatically imho.

he must have a file on most eurpean players and under 21 players...

he must know of players who would fit our style, surely??

its not like he's just been promoted from within the club, this fella has 16 years experience in scouting and deals, his filofax must be falling apart thro sheer volume of stats in it
And Koeman has form for signing low price players that turn out to be more than handy in the Prem.

I'm still very optimistic there will be a flurry of players coming in before the window closes.

Now for the record I believe in what Esk tells us. Not doubting it whatsoever.

But I wonder if all these players we are signing are along the lines of the Mourinho Intel he had? Last resort hence the lack of signing?
I disagree mate. I don't think we'll sign Mata, and I don't think we'll sign Witsel. He told us we're definitely signing both. He has a nice get-out-of-jail clause though in stating he gets his info "very early on in negotiations", which makes me wonder how he can go around saying so-and-so has def agreed to join us, etc. I guess time will tell, and I'll be first in the queue to apologise for doubting his insider info should we pull off transfers of said players. But right now, I severely doubt it.

But, but lads... we all know we haven't spent a bean because Pogba to united is slowing down everyone else. I mean, how can we be expected to sign Carvalho from Sporting when Pogba is still at Juve?! Oh wait...

Must be we are waiting to sell stones as we cant put people on big wages yet... oh no. Lying again.

Must be the agents and all the other clubs of the countless players we have been in negations with moving the goal posts again... oh wait. That one is defo a load of poo.

Lads. We are Everton. We have been lied to for the last 30 years. Best way is to expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. Hopefully the new chairman has this. If not at least the fume will be a laugh.

If Koeman wants Bony,never mind Stones leaving,why don't we go and get him?,similar with Hart and Williams,admittedly Hart is overpriced but he has a winning mentality at club level anyway,and is an upgrade on what we had,I can't see us getting anyone better,Williams is an organiser too,these three would improve our team/squad dramatically imho.
I want Bony here, but City will be wanting a deal on Stones in the process you can bank on that.

frazer.webp

I agree on that mate but not with people writing us off.

Just a few days ago you were one of the ones saying we could beat Spurs as I recall.

Obviously, top quality additions would've helped, but they haven't arrived (yet). We still have a good side to put out though and hopefully will be boosted by two new signings next week should all go to plan (whether they'll be fit to play is obviously a different issue).

From what we've seen, I can safely predict this will be the likely line up vs Spurs barring any more injuries:

Stekelenburg

Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Baines

Gueye
Barry

Lennon/Del
Barkley
Mirallas

Lukaku

That's a strong starting XI. Whether it'll be enough to beat them who knows. Fingers crossed we may have signed Williams by Monday/Tuesday and he may be able to at least come into the squad.

Friendlies are hard to judge. Yesterday was flat and I think partly that may be down to the lads not wanting to risk anything on the eve of the season as well.

Still definitely need additions, and the sooner the better, but the deadline on that is in a few weeks, not days.

Why Stones Jagielka? Jagielka Mori was a way better partnership.

You can only judge the window after its closed.

Sure I'd have liked to see us conclude our business early, but is obvious that we've not been able to get our targets over the line as yet, for numerous reasons.

Now is not the time to be cry arsing about being lied to and the 'same old Everton' routine, hold your nerve ffs. If we're sat here on the 1st Sept and there's been no significant progress then we can start asking questions.

We'll be fine. I reckon we could see 1 in next week, then have a deadline day similar to the Lukaku/McCarthy/Barry one of a couple of years back. Gradual improvements over the season, top 7 finish and then win the lot next season with Cleverly winning the ballon d'or.
Think someone has spiked my morning coffee with that last bit.

Agreed. You'd have thought 'new broom' and all that...But the players don't seem to have responded in any way.

Things aren't right.

We need a clear out
Stones and lukaku want out or sign a new contract or sell. Simple

There is no team unity.

Barkley needs help so an experience playmaker is needed

Coleman and baines need competition

We need a new captain, a new player who is a leader which should be Witsel but not happening

Lukaku is always having strops and doesn't really bring players into the attacking game, his first touch is terrible and also need to be sold or sign a new contract

We will struggle with the defence as stones is not a full on defender, he can't head or aggressive enough, jags is getting old and I still don't know if mori is good enough yet. Baines and coleman have not been good lately and baines may be burnt out and coleman is not one of the best full backs in this league.

The mentality is all wrong as well

I know it smacks of entitlement and whatever but I want instant success. The club owe us because they have been more interested in asset stripping than winning football games for 25 years.

I want it this season and think it's appalling that the club seem content to bide their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back