Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all again what i referred to like 2 weeks ago. the minute anyone dares question what is happening, or the new owner or lack of activity they are shot down as creating fantasies or spinning numbers etc.

It is bordering on you know what, but point is, anyone genuinely posting about what is happening is basing it on what is set in reality, rather than blind hope of all the paper talk and rumours coming true.

We may have loads of money, we may not. We may sign loads of boss players, we may buy crap ones or none at all.

Point is, what is actually happening right now shouldn't just be shot down if anyone dares to mention it.

What scenario is this you keep referring to? the one where we buy players from teams relegated or below us? The reality? You are making out i have spun a story here yet i have only stated the facts of what is happening right now. In fact most of your argument against me is actually fantasy of 'oh we will still buy, don't worry etc'. Is that not creating a fantasy?

as above, i am only stating what has happened, you are creating the what if scenario.
You said it will be a case of panic buying. Also you're conveniently making out that if a player is purchased from a team below us they are crap. Just sit on your hands for a while.

"Between panic buying and sorting deals out on our terms? How is that silly? Buy a player 3 weeks ago and it's all calm and collected. Buy them with a week to go and it's panic buying which can result in spending for the sake of it."

A direct quote Ash.

I have genuinely never seen you not post a whinging statement.

Irregardless, have we improved on our squad from May?

Yes.

Have we improved the coaching team?

Yes.

Do we still need to make signings?

Yes, and Koeman has gone on record saying three more are expected.

Eight days left. We once signed three players in an hour.

****GRAMMAR KLAXON****

You're not having "irregardless" I'm afraid. Nonsensical word. The prefix "ir" and the suffix "less" mean exactly the same thing.

Don't worry, it's been made clear that if I upset him I will be banned from the site. So I'll try my best to not mention him or his information again. As he has such prominent sway over this thread though it makes any worthwhile contribution difficult to say the least.

Where does it say that his posts are with his moderator hat off? It doesn't anywhere. Any new visitors to the site can only assume that he is stating the official position of GOT.
Well not quite, because while it may not state anywhere that it's not the official GOT position, nowhere does it state that it is.

Otherwise, as staff, we would not be able to voice individual opinions, which would be daft.

I personally think that up to a point, questioning is healthy and encourages openness, but the key is 'up to a point'. A crusade against someone, from either end isn't healthy.

I'm not sticking the knife in, baz...but neither am I blindly believing we are better off now than under Martinez (or indeed under Moyes). Koeman has a lot to prove (as manager) and so does Mosh.

1) We don't know if they've improved us until much of the season has passed (the new signings aren't established top players after all). And the players we lost were a first-team fixture for a decade. They need replacing with players capable of same.

2) blind faith vs realism

3) blind faith tends to be the more ridiculous belief system

I think RK will do a good job but if RM has taught us anything, it's definitely consistency. RK will get nowhere near what RM did in his first season but hopefully over the second, third we will see RK deliver what we hoped Martinez would do. Hopefully by the third we will be around top 4-6 and we will know about the stadium and will be deeply into the 'project'.

You think nobody has heard of Steve Walsh and Bill Kenwright? Wow! Just wow !

Do you think Ghezzal and Brahimi know who they are, probabaly not. I bet Jagielka/Bolasie couldnt tell you who Lyon's or Porto's president and Director of football are off the top of their heads

The point i'm trying to make is that the personal touch from a very famous and world class ex player would surely go a long way when you are selling the club to a player.

Fair enough. Still doesn't really represent any significant outlay to me. As in we haven't dented the TV money yet.

I'm just urging caution based on looking at facts, instead of the words of an owner who hasn't earned my trust yet.

Yeah but give him a chance

A large part of the club management has changed its going to take time

In fact give him a chance for one reason alone - if he hadn't come in we'd be sitting here worrying about the future under the leadership of Bill and "what a manager" Martinez

Lets face it, any of you being negative at this point, completely unwilling to wait 8 more days to spout why the sky is falling are WUM's and you know it. You know it, because when September 1st roles around and we do have a positive spend, you wont apologize, admit you were wrong, or be quiet the next window. Its not about that, you just love complaining about everything in life. I mean seriously, how hard is it to wait 8 days, when you can then moan to your hearts delight every day for a year?

No, because being a WUM is more fun, especially when you can claim things like "we dont have the funds"(despite things like Witsel's agent saying our offer is "concrete"), our team is worse than it was before(despite the 4 points we picked up when you whined we would be destroyed our first games without new signings), and that buying a player in the last week is a "panic buy"(despite Wayne Rooney, Suarez, Lloris, Fellani all being deadline day deals).

Maybe try being happy for your own sakes? Crazy, I know.

You said it will be a case of panic buying. Also you're conveniently making out that if a player is purchased from a team below us they are crap. Just sit on your hands for a while.

"Between panic buying and sorting deals out on our terms? How is that silly? Buy a player 3 weeks ago and it's all calm and collected. Buy them with a week to go and it's panic buying which can result in spending for the sake of it."

A direct quote Ash.
well it is when after 2 months of transfer activity we switch target simply to make the purchase without any prior involvement in that deal.

that is panic buying, not being able to sign anyone else and last minute shopping, EXACTLY what panic buying is.

And i have not once mentioned the players quality we have signed. In fact, vault me, i have not gave any negative comment about any of our new signings all window. I haven't criticised the manager, or tactics or anything like that. Again you are looking for deeper meaning to disagree with when i have only commented on the reality right now.

I think RK will do a good job but if RM has taught us anything, it's definitely consistency. RK will get nowhere near what RM did in his first season but hopefully over the second, third we will see RK deliver what we hoped Martinez would do. Hopefully by the third we will be around top 4-6 and we will know about the stadium and will be deeply into the 'project'.

Add in three decent acquisitions (which they will be - hopefully at least one of them is 'marquee' enough for the bed-wetters on here to be satisfied) and we're well in contention of a top six finish this year, which Koeman has outlined is the aim.

This all again what i referred to like 2 weeks ago. the minute anyone dares question what is happening, or the new owner or lack of activity they are shot down as creating fantasies or spinning numbers etc.

It is bordering on you know what, but point is, anyone genuinely posting about what is happening is basing it on what is set in reality, rather than blind hope of all the paper talk and rumours coming true.

We may have loads of money, we may not. We may sign loads of boss players, we may buy crap ones or none at all.

Point is, what is actually happening right now shouldn't just be shot down if anyone dares to mention it.

What lack of activity? 1 out, 3 in, Lukaku staying

Neither are blind faith.

Stekelenburg - better than Howard (i.e. improved)
Williams - we needed an organiser and a better defender (improved)
Gueye - for how Koeman wants to play we needed a hassler and harrier in midfield (improved)
Bolasie - we now have a strong, powerful and rapid winger, who offers something different (improved)

You're saying the second-choice Saints keeper is better than our USA number one who was our first-choice keep for 10 years...based on two games? Howard needed to go after the 2014 World Cup and even Joel was an improvement on 2016-Howard, but Tim was a prime fixture during our best-of-the-rest years. Stek has a hell of a lot to prove until we can say he's better than that.

I like Williams and agree with your points, but he still needs a run of games in our shirt to really show us what he can do.

Gana, also agree with your wider point but he came from the worst-relegated club in living memory. Time will tell if he'll be good for us. Early signs are positive.

Bolasie: he's only just joined, and hardly set the Prem on fire playing for a middling yoyo club. Lot to prove, we can't say yet if he'll be an improvement on a peak-era Pienaar or Osman.

Don't worry, it's been made clear that if I upset him I will be banned from the site. So I'll try my best to not mention him or his information again. As he has such prominent sway over this thread though it makes any worthwhile contribution difficult to say the least.

Followed by

Where does it say that his posts are with his moderator hat off? It doesn't anywhere. Any new visitors to the site can only assume that he is stating the official position of GOT.

lol same post as well

well it is when after 2 months of transfer activity we switch target simply to make the purchase without any prior involvement in that deal.

that is panic buying, not being able to sign anyone else and last minute shopping, EXACTLY what panic buying is.

And i have not once mentioned the players quality we have signed. In fact, vault me, i have not gave any negative comment about any of our new signings all window. I haven't criticised the manager, or tactics or anything like that. Again you are looking for deeper meaning to disagree with when i have only commented on the reality right now.
Like I said you're creating scenarios to moan about. It's clear you don't want to acknowledge that so have a good one. ;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back