Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame, up until "the" penalty incident i really thought he was cracking down was working hard and having influence - problem with Kev is he just couldn't do it game in game out - but with some flair players you do get that.

I would like to see that against Stoke, i would be surprised if it is though.

I definitely think that was the moment things went a bit tits up for Mirallas. And it's even sadder when I think he wanted to score for his mate who had just passed away. All in all a crap situation that just got crapper.

It is a shame, up until "the" penalty incident i really thought he was cracking down was working hard and having influence - problem with Kev is he just couldn't do it game in game out - but with some flair players you do get that.

I would like to see that against Stoke, i would be surprised if it is though.

If he's fit to start him I think he will mate. Lots of games to rotate for and I imagine it'll be Cleverley who starts out left tomorrow.

I definitely think that was the moment things went a bit tits up for Mirallas. And it's even sadder when I think he wanted to score for his mate who had just passed away. All in all a crap situation that just got crapper.
You could be right! Forgotten about that. Probably had a message under his shirt ready and everything :(

Yep, you could see the motivation for him wanting to do it - felt sorry for him when he missed it. Hadn't he done a message on his undershirt for him. Like I say its a shame.

He's injured though....

He will play. Him and Lennon are a great partnership on the wings. Perfect for away games on the counter. He'll have a big part to play if he can keep fit in this half of the season.

Havent we been saying this for 12 months though? There is always a reason, even for when he is benched doing hardly anything.

how many games did he start at the world cup?

He wasn't first choice though at the time. Not a suprise belgium didn't start a player who sat on the bench for large parts of the last 6 months, but did they take him?

Havent we been saying this for 12 months though? There is always a reason, even for when he is benched doing hardly anything.

He wasn't first choice though at the time. Not a suprise belgium didn't start a player who sat on the bench for large parts of the last 6 months, but did they take him?

Sometimes mate it's just that he fits a very certain system and Del is the one who starts at home. Del and Kev really don't give a good balance to start a game with at all, unfortunately.

Kev and Lennon do, so hopefully we'll see more of it. Plenty of games to go and Martinez has played Kev in every game in January that he has been fit for.

Why should i put forward suggestions? Ive done it plenty of times anyway, but still.

The two you mentioned are barely an improvment on what we've got. Id rather make Joel our number one than sign Vorm and Fabianski. Same goes to the shouts of Tom Heaton that ive seen, utter guff.

What an odd response.

I obviously haven't seen your suggestions previously or I wouldnt have asked. You should put forward suggestions because debating and discussing is the primary function of GOT and by asking i am making it obvious that i'm interested in your opinion.

Oh dear Mart. Oh deary, deary me.

The summer will be very interesting indeed.
I do agree with most posters that John Stones will probably leave, but I think everybody else will stay.
Lukaku is still a very young man and another good season at Everton will only further build his reputation.
I think it will take a monster bid from somebody like PSG to prise him away, I think it will be 80million plus.

So.
We will be getting a new keeper, a new centreback, cover at rightback and the now famous no. 10.
That may well be largely financed by the sale of John Stones.

Can see a bit of your point but these clubs have all bought heavily in the past in this window so I don't get the 'there's no value in January' argument, United bought Evra and Vidic in the same January window.

Liverpool and Chelsea have wasted a lot of money recently. It does not surprise me to see them keeping money in their pocket especially with Chelsea's league campaign over and an interim coach in. City are almost top of the league, have a huge squad which they bolstered massively in summer and have a new manager coming in. Buying would be nonsensical for them. Spurs does surprise me I'll be honest, but if Berahino had been below 20 mill they would have pounced according to most reports.

We didn't spend much in summer and now have failed to address weak areas of the squad in this one. The problems Martinez discussed at the end of last season, goal keeper, centreback, creative playmaker, wide player, backup striker, only two of these have been addressed, and they were arguably the less important ones. We were crying out for a good keeper and a creative central midfielder last summer and we'll be doing the same this summer.

Evra and Vidic have both since gone, which is an indication of how far back in time this occurred.

Chelsea NEED to get as far up the league as possible. Liverpool have invested huge amounts of cash, yes, but wanted Texeira who would have cost them 30-50million. A player with zero caps for Brazil. Hardly value for money. They swerved, and quite rightly so.

City have a fight on their hands for the title. A holding midfielder, left back, centre back and another striker would all be on their shopping list if the were quality, astute options out there.

Your point on Spurs actually highlights my point better than I could remember. To rephrase what you said, "Had Berahino been under £20million and thus value for money, Spurs would have bought him". I fully agree with you. They didnt get him because £24million+ for him isnt value for money.

Utd are playing some of the most boring, pace-less football they have ever played. They need width and pace. They haven't rectified that because the players aren't available without spending a bucket load of cash.

The final point on our dear gaffer -

You try your best not to, but you concede that he identified 5 areas of the team that needed sorting out and has brought in 2 - Funes Mori at CB and Niasse as the back up striker.

You've forgotten the 2 wide players - Deulofeu and Lennon - both of whom he brought in after making the statement over areas of concern.

So in effect we are only missing a creative player - which I think we can all safely say he has identified - and a keeper.

Gradually replacing, improving the team over 2 windows with 2 positions left to remedy in the summer is reasonable business in a reasonable time frame. Surely?

Evra and Vidic have both since gone, which is an indication of how far back in time this occurred.

Chelsea NEED to get as far up the league as possible. Liverpool have invested huge amounts of cash, yes, but wanted Texeira who would have cost them 30-50million. A player with zero caps for Brazil. Hardly value for money. They swerved, and quite rightly so.

City have a fight on their hands for the title. A holding midfielder, left back, centre back and another striker would all be on their shopping list if the were quality, astute options out there.

Your point on Spurs actually highlights my point better than I could remember. To rephrase what you said, "Had Berahino been under £20million and thus value for money, Spurs would have bought him". I fully agree with you. They didnt get him because £24million+ for him isnt value for money.

Utd are playing some of the most boring, pace-less football they have ever played. They need width and pace. They haven't rectified that because the players aren't available without spending a bucket load of cash.

The final point on our dear gaffer -

You try your best not to, but you concede that he identified 5 areas of the team that needed sorting out and has brought in 2 - Funes Mori at CB and Niasse as the back up striker.

You've forgotten the 2 wide players - Deulofeu and Lennon - both of whom he brought in after making the statement over areas of concern.

So in effect we are only missing a creative player - which I think we can all safely say he has identified - and a keeper.

Gradually replacing, improving the team over 2 windows with 2 positions left to remedy in the summer is reasonable business in a reasonable time frame. Surely?
Everything you said was reasonable....But...
The boring pace-less football you mentioned earlier was more than we could cope with against united. Lennon has barely played and our team building exercise so far is showing we are in fact dropping points, Not improving. It's a results business and this season has been shocking. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back