Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, didn't everyone think it was Defour? The guy ran the show against the RS earlier and everyone was thinking it was him.

I believe so. I would like to think that the club already have a long term target lined up. The thing with goal keepers is that they tend to stay longer at one club than most outfield players, so getting the right one is very important .

I believe so. I would like to think that the club already have a long term target lined up. The thing with goal keepers is that they tend to stay longer at one club than most outfield players, so getting the right one is very important .
i think any plans we had to get rid of Howard went out the window after his World Cup heroics. Give him credit been a good player for us over the years but he's at least 2 years past his sell by date now.

True but don't think jags has looked great since he come back yes I know he often takes a while to get back to full speed after being injured but he the fact remains he has looked slow & lost two important headers against small diminutive players.

you yourself concede he has been strong in the air over the years lets just hope he is getting back up to speed

I love jags... In fact I love a lot of our players... Which is why I have decided that Roberts is the problem... I actually like him to... I just wish he was a good as manager as he is a person... I would love to succeed with him... But I can't see it happening...

a·vail·a·ble
[əˈvāləb(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. able to be used or obtained; at someone's disposal
You're moving the goalposts. You both asked, repeatedly, 'who would be available'. If you are going to then say 'well who's to say he would WANT to move!', then, by your own argument, we'd have no idea if anyone was available ever. He had/has a release clause. He was AVAILABLE.

But he wasn't available if Cologne weren't willing to sell?

But he wasn't available if Cologne weren't willing to sell?

It's been consistently reported that he has a £6.5mil release clause.

My understanding was that if a club but that amount then the club can talk to the player and then he can decide.

However, as with the Arsenal / Suarez situation who knows really whats in the clause i suppose.

In any case i think Martinez has identified a solution to the keeper issue and will sign one in the summer...he will NOT continue with Howard and pretty much stated this the other week when he said he didnt know if howard would be with us past the summer.

+1

6.5m release clause, big, commanding and quite a good keeper.
I've never seen the lad play so no idea whether he would be a good player for us.

But assuming we could have got him in this window, both him agreeing to move and the Koln being OK to sell as they could buy/promote a mid season replacement, how would you have arranged things from there?

Presumably try to offload Howard to somewhere in MLS?

And then do you play Robles or instantly start Horn? Would seem incredibly harsh on Robles after over 2 years of bench warming to play a new keeper over him but Horn is first choice for Koln so why move mid season unless given assurances he'd get games? Slightly different in the summer as you have a whole preseason to stake your claim to the shirt.

It's been consistently reported that he has a £6.5mil release clause.

My understanding was that if a club but that amount then the club can talk to the player and then he can decide.

However, as with the Arsenal / Suarez situation who knows really whats in the clause i suppose.

In any case i think Martinez has identified a solution to the keeper issue and will sign one in the summer...he will NOT continue with Howard and pretty much stated this the other week when he said he didnt know if howard would be with us past the summer.

that is a defintition of a release clause mate yes.

About suarez, he could have taken liverpool to court over them refusing to allow him to talk to arsenal. Liverpool leagally broke their contract with him so he had all sorts of rights there.
only reason he didn't, he didn't want to go there.

I've never seen the lad play so no idea whether he would be a good player for us.

But assuming we could have got him in this window, both him agreeing to move and the Koln being OK to sell as they could buy/promote a mid season replacement, how would you have arranged things from there?

Presumably try to offload Howard to somewhere in MLS?

And then do you play Robles or instantly start Horn? Would seem incredibly harsh on Robles after over 2 years of bench warming to play a new keeper over him but Horn is first choice for Koln so why move mid season unless given assurances he'd get games? Slightly different in the summer as you have a whole preseason to stake your claim to the shirt.
You tell them they are in competition. Best keeper wins. And you don't need to have Köln be 'ok' with selling him. Hence release clause

You tell them they are in competition. Best keeper wins. And you don't need to have Köln be 'ok' with selling him. Hence release clause

No. A release clause simply means that Koln have to let him speak to the buying club if he wishes to.

Anyway, it's not like you're talking about a proven player at the top level anyway. In the unlikely event we had signed him people would have been questioning why we signed a 22 year old goalkeeper from a mid-table German club.

I would like to see robles given a chance b4 we go splashing the cash, couldnt stand the bloke when he first came 2 us, he really was shocking. But he still only 25 + if keeps improving like he has since been here then he really could have a good future here, could get another 10yrs out the bloke. Certainly dont want see us jumping the gun + grabbing someone else while robles moves on and we live to regret it, he certainly deserves the chance whatever happens and that would make sense starting tommorrow

No not at all... I have reached the point where we can win 3-0 ... Like Carlisle for example... And be totally bored during the process.... Basically the way we play works sometimes and doesn't others... But 90% of the games I watch us play... Are boring or farcical

I think this season we've been exciting. Yes in a bad way as we've been conceding but its been exciting to watch.. Swansea first half especially was very boring and abit like last season. But overall this season we've been entertaining and exciting

I love jags... In fact I love a lot of our players... Which is why I have decided that Roberts is the problem... I actually like him to... I just wish he was a good as manager as he is a person... I would love to succeed with him... But I can't see it happening...

I'm genuinely baffled how you can find any of our games (win or lose) boring mate. You must thrive off a 0-0...

That low a release clause surprises me, German clubs just don't have a culture of much movement in the winter and that clause would seem to leave them hugely vulnerable in a key area of their squad.

How would you judge the competition - there aren't extensive training sessions at this time of year, the games come too quickly and the payers are generally tired anyhow. And even a good training session isn't the same as a compeititve match - would you rotate the keepers?

And if you were Robles wouldn't you decide to leave if a youngster came in and immediately got parity after patiently waiting for years for your own run at the shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back