Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to seriously sack it off with this 'play Barkley deeper' nonsense.

He played deeper last season for extended runs and had a stinker (by his standards)

He is. clearly more effective further up the pitch.

He also played further forward last season and also had a stinker mate, fact he had a crap season regardless of where he was being played, buit to think a 22yo player is fully developed as far as what his best position is is naive, he may go on to be better deep or off the front man, but the next 2-3 seasons will show that

He played deeper last season for extended runs and had a stinker (by his standards)

I agree but it depends on the game as well. Sometimes (not lately, mind, as he's playing that well) he is hounded very quickly when played further up. I'd rather keep him up field but he does provide an option to drop back in certain situations - which was my point to @Zatara

I agree but it depends on the game as well. Sometimes (not lately, mind, as he's playing that well) he is hounded very quickly when played further up. I'd rather keep him up field but he does provide an option to drop back in certain situations - which was my point to @Zatara

Barkley is at his best with space to run into, in at least half the games this seaosn he has had no space as the opposition have sat deep and he's basically been sandwiched by players, makes sense to try him deeper IMO

Barkley is at his best with space to run into, in at least half the games this seaosn he has had no space as the opposition have sat deep and he's basically been sandwiched by players, makes sense to try him deeper IMO

It depends on the game.

He's played at his best for us this season when he's been at No.10.

He had a sticky spell (by his standards) when he had to move back a bit when Cleverley was in the centre alongside him and we tried a different formation of 4-1-4-1 - but I think that's mainly down to him having a lack of space.

He's shown the ability this season to completely dictate games, however, from wherever he is playing on the pitch. If he had another attacking option either in front of him (if he played deeper) or alongside him (Barkley at no.10 and the playmaker/wide forward on the left) then in either of those situations there would most likely be more space for him.

I think he's looked good as a CM. Last year was a crapfest for almost all our players.

If any of our "star" players start kicking the door and speaking out that they want CL football so they submit transfer requests or agitate. My view is let them go and cash in. I only want to see players wearing that Royal Blue shirt because they want to play for us, our club, for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back