Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that lad Renato Sanches like? Apparently has a mad release clause.

And I think Isco would be an amazing transfer if we could pull it off.
Going to UTD for stupid money, also we really don't wanna be getting involved with that agent

If any of our "star" players start kicking the door and speaking out that they want CL football so they submit transfer requests or agitate. My view is let them go and cash in. I only want to see players wearing that Royal Blue shirt because they want to play for us, our club, for Everton.
Agreed!
Except lukaku. We couldn't replace his goals.
And Barkley. He's ace and scouse.
And stones. He's going to be the best centre half of his generation. Let's keep him.

Let's buy all the Liverpool players then loan them all back then bring them back on emergency when the window shuts leaving them scaroooooowed.

Spanish clubs are skint mate (bar Real and Barca).

£2million - approx 2.7mil euros so they may be willing to take that for what is just a youth player essentially.

Tbh ultimately this investment has come at a time where really it doesn't change all that much in terms of what we (as a PL club) can target in regards to the standard of player etc.

We're never going to get Isco (and I know you're just using it as an example). He's a City/United/Arsenal (still Chelsea because of the money but also London draw - though without CL not as much of a draw admittedly) type signing. We aren't just going to jump to signing genuine world class talent like that.

What we can do is stand a better chance of keeping our quality/potentially world-class players and invest in our no.1 targets - which have been for the last few years players of that 'second-tier' e.g. Payet, Yarmolenko etc etc.

For example, Payet went to West Ham and is now on circa £120k p/week (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-player-not-demanded-wage-rise-stay-club.html). When he joined he was widely reported (and I've seen many W.Ham fans say this as well) to be on about £75k - a wage that we weren't willing to pay even though we did definitely have interest and could afford the transfer fees because of the TV money.

Now, I think this investment means that we now don't have to/shouldn't have to worry about lumping an extra £10k on a pay-package etc. I know in the grand scheme of things it's easy to say 'well we should just pay it anyway', but 10k extra per-week is over half a million extra (just on one player) over the course of a year.

Another example would be Tadic in summer 2014 when we looked set to sign him after matching Sotton's initial bid of around £10mil (I forget the exact price), only to be then gazumped by their second offer of £11.9mil total. We weren't willing to get into a bidding war with them as our main target was Lukaku.

So, without trying to get sidetracked, I'm sure there may be some far-fetched rumours but it's the players of that 'second-tier' that, for the time being anyway, are our targets and always have been really when it comes to spending the big money. Mix one or two of those signings with the smart deals like experienced players on frees (Clevs) and bringing through the youth (either through signing them or the academy) and it's the perfect mix. As RM said, all this does is accelerate the process which means that we don't have to worry as much about our best players leaving all the time.

Spurs have cracked it this year as they already had that quality base of experienced second-tier players in place (plus a genuine world class keeper) - e.g. Lloris, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lamela, Eriksen. They complimented that by getting rid of their deadwood, Poch signing and encouraging youth players (Alli, Kane, Mason, Dier, Trippier, Rose etc.) and then adding in players like Alderweireld and Son as well.

If that formula is a success (and it's the best option for us in the current landscape as it is for Spurs and W.Ham (who are helped massively by their shiny new stadium)) then it leads to being in a position - especially given new tv money etc getting more and more - that we can then make a bid for a 'world-class' player, but you have to do the squad building first.

We've got all the foundations in terms of a style of play and a system and players being moulded to play in that style - and now we've got the money to boost our chances of success (whether that is trophies or CL qualification or whatever) in the short term - which in turn of course makes the club a more attractive proposition and, combined with that set system that I believe RM is trying to implement and figures like Royle and Unsworth are buying into - increases the chances of sustaining that success for years to come.

West ham have a scattergun approach to transfers pal

People need to seriously sack it off with this 'play Barkley deeper' nonsense.

He played deeper last season for extended runs and had a stinker (by his standards)

He is. clearly more effective further up the pitch.
Spot on.

He likes to get the Ball and run at the defence, he can't do that deeper in midfield.

I'd argue it is the job of the two HOLDING midfielders to control that area of the pitch whilst Ross can join the attack and put the defence on the back foot

Spot on.

He likes to get the Ball and run at the defence, he can't do that deeper in midfield.

I'd argue it is the job of the two HOLDING midfielders to control that area of the pitch whilst Ross can join the attack and put the defence on the back foot

McCarthy has not been a 'holding midfielder' for ages now. He's been played out of position as a central midfielder as Besic has been injured and Barry is the defensive midfielder.

@bluestevon @BlueToff

You're both saying 2 players for every position is far too much...check out our existing squad where we have at least 2 players and in a lot of cases 3 players for each position!!

We need to sign a GK,CM,LW (depending on Niasse position) and get rid of up to 8/9 players...so actually cut the squad by about 5 or 6.

Whats the obsession with playing people out of positon rather than just signing a centre midfielder.

isco and james rodriguez, i'm sure for one richer or not we would barely want to match there wages, they wouldnt join a team out of the champions league, need to be realistic. Players like yarmolenko become more realistic now, but signing some of real madrids players isn't, need to remember this major shareholder is rich but not as rich as other teams in the prem. lets be sensible haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back