Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Vardy has a £30m release clause, surely that's affordable with the cash we have now. Only thing would be whether he'd want to leave the Premier League champions for little old Everton. Maybe he would if he got offered ludicrous wages, like 4x more than anyone else.

It's like suggesting for us to sign Ronaldo but eh, if Leicester can actually win the league in the first place then anything's possible.

It's his chance of playing in the CL. Even when they predictably crash out of it (which I'd love them not to, obviously), he isn't going anywhere this summer.

As @Tubey said, it's a perfect storm for Vardy as the team revolves around him and Mahrez. However, Mahrez has the quality and time on his side to step up even further.

i wouldn't mind us going for lewis cook from leeds tbh.

@Zatara

If we went for a CM Zat - this would be the type of player.

Young with bags of potential and quality but somebody who wouldn't cost us a fortune either and can be integrated/developed.

Niguez, Tielmens etc are all great players but I doubt the first would leave Atletico considering he's going to be at the heart of their midfield for years to come and they have a transfer ban, while Tielmens I imagine wil go to one of the CL teams - either here or abroad. He'd also cost far too much when we're not desperate.

@Zatara

If we went for a CM Zat - this would be the type of player.

Young with bags of potential and quality but somebody who wouldn't cost us a fortune either and can be integrated/developed.

Niguez, Tielmens etc are all great players but I doubt the first would leave Atletico considering he's going to be at the heart of their midfield for years to come and they have a transfer ban, while Tielmens I imagine wil go to one of the CL teams - either here or abroad. He'd also cost far too much when we're not desperate.

Sign Cook by all means but then all these "Martinez out" shouts will start again due to not having a top notch player to come in and instead needing a while to develop him.

Tielemans for example would be ideal to add quality and also take Barrys role over 12months

Sign Cook by all means but then all these "Martinez out" shouts will start again due to not having a top notch player to come in and instead needing a while to develop him.

Tielemans for example would be ideal to add quality and also take Barrys role over 12months

Tielemans is 18 Zat and has no experience of English football. The Belgian league is the equivalent of the Championship as best - and not as competitive. He's played a few CL games.

He's quality but in no way proven.

We have that quality in Besic who is proven in the Prem...

Tielemans is 18 Zat and has no experience of English football. The Belgian league is the equivalent of the Championship as best - and not as competitive. He's played a few CL games.

He's quality but in no way proven.

We have that quality in Besic who is proven in the Prem...
Yes but Besic wasn't proven when we signed him and the Hungarian league is probably a lower standard than the Belgian league.

I've just realised with the added money we can now afford Calhanoglu. That's all I'd like. Him and Yarmolenko

Zat, you must have touted about 200 players in this thread and hardly any of them are known or go onto world stardom . Why not give it a rest for a bit mate .

431.gif

Calhanoglu would be great for that playmaker role - either from the left or a central position.

Only young as well, powerful player and good at free kicks

Similar to Barkley in the sense of strength and power on the ball. Calhanoglu just has a bit more polish

Only young as well, powerful player and good at free kicks

Similar to Barkley in the sense of strength and power on the ball. Calhanoglu just has a bit more polish

Yeh although I would say they are about equal actually.

Calhanoglu on the left with Barkley next to him would be tasty to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back