Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tielemans shout is sound - but we aren't going to get him. So whenever thats brought up i try to gloss past it. In my opinion he would be a starter for us pretty soon after joining and getting to the pace of the league, but we won't get him.

I don't know who the answer is to our centre mid problems, the one thing i know is we need a top class midfielder in there. Besic has potential, but right now i feel he flutters in-between great and poor and his injury record isn't filling me with great optimism for a 50 game a season midfielder. Am not sure the answer, but I am sure the scouting system at the club can uncover that midfielder, especially with potential funds we should have this summer.

I would like to bring Cook in anyway, we should still be looking at the top young players across Europe and bringing them in.

Exactly mate. If he comes to PL tbh I think it'll be City or Chelsea. Personally see Pep bringing him in due to his similarities to Xavi.

Tbh mate I think with Besic he hasn't been poor at any point he's played this season. In fact he's been excellent in every game bar the first half vs Barnsley. His problem as you point out has been injuries.

However, we have a whole end of this season and pre-season to sort that out. I don't like the idea of spending huge amounts of money on a player who may or may not work out when we've got a 23 year old international player who has it all to make it to the top and be what we need.

Remember, we've got Barkley to be the main creator and that's why I'd liek another playmaker to come in and help - and then also add in the likes of Del and Lennon etc.

That means for me we need a box-to-box midfielder with power and an eye for a pass to get us forward at pace - not vital that they provide loads of goals and assists. That is Besic.

Put him next to McCarthy and see how it works out because on paper and vs W.Ham it worked excellently even with 10 men and Besic playing a role that he also had to go out wide right at times in.

Barry as back up and to oversee and come in when needed, and then Cleverley as well (he's fine in centre mid as long as he has a player like McCarthy or Besic next to him who have the pace to cover the gaps), and also Barkley depending on the situation.

I'd rather us get a top young player like Calhanoglu (sp) and bring him in as another attacking outlet and nurture Besic under the guidance of Barry, while also having experience as back up and potentially a youngster like Cook who wouldn't (relatively speaking) cost too much.

Exactly mate. If he comes to PL tbh I think it'll be City or Chelsea. Personally see Pep bringing him in due to his similarities to Xavi.

Tbh mate I think with Besic he hasn't been poor at any point he's played this season. In fact he's been excellent in every game bar the first half vs Barnsley. His problem as you point out has been injuries.

However, we have a whole end of this season and pre-season to sort that out. I don't like the idea of spending huge amounts of money on a player who may or may not work out when we've got a 23 year old international player who has it all to make it to the top and be what we need.

Remember, we've got Barkley to be the main creator and that's why I'd liek another playmaker to come in and help - and then also add in the likes of Del and Lennon etc.

That means for me we need a box-to-box midfielder with power and an eye for a pass to get us forward at pace - not vital that they provide loads of goals and assists. That is Besic.

Put him next to McCarthy and see how it works out because on paper and vs W.Ham it worked excellently even with 10 men and Besic playing a role that he also had to go out wide right at times in.

Barry as back up and to oversee and come in when needed, and then Cleverley as well (he's fine in centre mid as long as he has a player like McCarthy or Besic next to him who have the pace to cover the gaps), and also Barkley depending on the situation.

I'd rather us get a top young player like Calhanoglu (sp) and bring him in as another attacking outlet and nurture Besic under the guidance of Barry, while also having experience as back up and potentially a youngster like Cook who wouldn't (relatively speaking) cost too much.

I think there have been a couple of games where he has flattered to deceive. He has a lot of attributes that we need and i don't doubt that for a minute, think he needs some consistency, both in the team and without injuries - before i fully believe he could be the top class midfielder we need.

Even if he does turn into one, i would still be looking to bring someone in - but thats just me.

I think there have been a couple of games where he has flattered to deceive. He has a lot of attributes that we need and i don't doubt that for a minute, think he needs some consistency, both in the team and without injuries - before i fully believe he could be the top class midfielder we need.

Even if he does turn into one, i would still be looking to bring someone in - but thats just me.

What games mate?

Genuine interest.

This season for me:

1. Barnsley - poor first half though you have to take into account that he had no pre-season due to his injury. Ended up playing 120 minutes.

2. Chelsea (h) - started the game and went off injured after 5 minutes.

3. Newcastle (a) - so his next appearance is on boxing day. He comes on for 10 minutes (ish) at the end of the game. Nothing special but not bad.

4. Spurs (h) - comes on around the hour mark and totally changes the game for us. Gives us pace and energy and unlucky not to score with that volley.

5. City (h - lg cup) - has a brilliant game and marks Toure out of the game. Gets caught out a bit by Navas' run for their goal but only because he tried to prevent the pass at source from Aguero.

6. D&R (h - FA Cup) - I know against low oppo but he ran the game for us based on highlights and fans who were there...

7. City (a) - Superb first half and in the second was excellent defensively as we became first side to keep a clean sheet vs City at Etihad in over a year.

8. Chelsea (a) - Good energy and tackles and some great passes - the throughball to Kev was excellent. Unlucky for their second goal when he got caught on his heels and ball deflected off him.

9. Swansea (h) - 3 minutes in he drives forward from deep 30 yards and then hits the post. Goes off injured two minutes later.

10. West Ham (h) - comes on when we're down to 10 men and plays as a right-mid in a really compact midfield four. Gets forward well and defends well and gives us energy and drive once again. Superb bit of skill to win the foul for the penalty (probs should have been a free-kick). Dd fail to track Payet for his goal though I will point out the initial error is from Mori for letting Sakho get the better of him.

So, 10 appearances this season.

In those, he's played 5 full games (plus half an hour extra time).

I'd say, bar the Barnsley game, he has been our best player or one of our best players in all of them. In what game time he has been fit for this season, he's impressed either as a starter or a sub - IMO.

The key is keeping him fit obviously and making sure his hamstring is fully okay - as his burst of pace over 10 yards is key to his game.

What games mate?

Genuine interest.

This season for me:

1. Barnsley - poor first half though you have to take into account that he had no pre-season due to his injury. Ended up playing 120 minutes.

3. Newcastle (a) - so his next appearance is on boxing day. He comes on for 10 minutes (ish) at the end of the game. Nothing special but not bad.

4. Spurs (h) - comes on around the hour mark and totally changes the game for us. Gives us pace and energy and unlucky not to score with that volley.

5. City (h - lg cup) - has a brilliant game and marks Toure out of the game. Gets caught out a bit by Navas' run for their goal but only because he tried to prevent the pass at source from Aguero.

6. D&R (h - FA Cup) - I know against low oppo but he ran the game for us based on highlights and fans who were there...

7. City (a) - Superb first half and in the second was excellent defensively as we became first side to keep a clean sheet vs City at Etihad in over a year.

8. Chelsea (a) - Good energy and tackles and some great passes - the throughball to Kev was excellent. Unlucky for their second goal when he got caught on his heels and ball deflected off him.

9. Swansea (h) - 3 minutes in he drives forward from deep 30 yards and then hits the post. Goes off injured two minutes later.

10. West Ham (h) - comes on when we're down to 10 men and plays as a right-mid in a really compact midfield four. Gets forward well and defends well and gives us energy and drive once again. Superb bit of skill to win the foul for the penalty (probs should have been a free-kick). Dd fail to track Payet for his goal though I will point out the initial error is from Mori for letting Sakho get the better of him.

I'd say, bar the Barnsley game, he has been our best player or one of our best players in all of them. In what game time he has been fit for this season, he's impressed either as a starter or a sub - IMO.

The key is keeping him fit obviously and making sure his hamstring is fully okay - as his burst of pace over 10 yards is key to his game.

Watch it again mate, it's Barry who let's Payet just run off him and doesn't try to cover him

What games mate?

Genuine interest.

This season for me:

Think its just my personal opinion, you can't fault is passion and aggression, then his technique is great.

Just some of them games i have felt he has come out of it looking better then he actually was (not a lot i will say), but until he has a run of say 20 games in the middle i can't really say if i think he is genuinely going to be the midfielder we need. Cameos are great for him as he can come on and strut his stuff, i just want to see it sustained, and that isn't happening at the moment. Am not saying he was [Poor language removed] in them games hahaha - just think that he has a larger cult following then what he has delivered - so far.

Watch it again mate, it's Barry who let's Payet just run off him and doesn't try to cover him

Yeh and Besic is a bit slow to react to the side of him - or just can't get across quick enough?

Besic was great like and if fit now I think he starts in every home game.

I'd go with him in a similar inside right role on Saturday with McCarthy and Barry in centre mid, and then put him in a three-man midfield vs Arsenal.

Then for the rest of the home games this season would play him next to McCarthy if they're both fit. Save Barry for the aways.

What games mate?

Genuine interest.

This season for me:

Think barry has been are best player to be honest even against city he was the best player think besic is class but we do slightly over rate him, his injuries are worrying, barry doesnt have years and years, mccarthy will be here, ideally could do with someone else besic has had injury after injury

Think barry has been are best player to be honest even against city he was the best player think besic is class but we do slightly over rate him, his injuries are worrying, barry doesnt have years and years, mccarthy will be here, ideally could do with someone else besic has had injury after injury

Maybe so mate but I wouldn't want us to spend £15mil etc. on a player without giving Besic a fair run.

He's only had injuries this season - rest of his career has been injury free. It's a niggling hamstring one which will basically be fine once it's properly rested come the summer. Bosnia not going to the Euros is a big help.

Maybe so mate but I wouldn't want us to spend £15mil etc. on a player without giving Besic a fair run.

He's only had injuries this season - rest of his career has been injury free. It's a niggling hamstring one which will basically be fine once it's properly rested come the summer. Bosnia not going to the Euros is a big help.

Not a position where desperate for i agree but been at us for 2 years now hasn't played know where near enough, dont doubt he could be class but needs to sort that out and prove we dont need one i agree id give him the pre season. more pressing issues is another right back, left mid,
striker, goalkeeper

Not a position where desperate for i agree but been at us for 2 years now hasn't played know where near enough, dont doubt he could be class but needs to sort that out and prove we dont need one i agree id give him the pre season. more pressing issues is another right back, left mid,
striker, goalkeeper

Mate last year was his first season in the prem coming from the Hungarian league. He played over 20 games and nobody expected he would feature that much - both RM and Besic himself said that.

This season could have been his breakthrough year but ultimately his injuries have cost him but when he's been fit he's featured and impressed enough to get himself that new contract.

He's here for a long time to come and going to be a key player for us.

Some Turkish website is linking us with Mourinho. Imagine, that would be mental. Shame he's already agreed a deal with United.

Has he? I read that their board was split on giving it the green light. Giggs seems to have his supporters too although I read that SAF has been marginalised on the next appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back