Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our priority (apart from a gk) is to get a couple of defensive midfield players that have an all round game, I would like to see someone who knows what a goal looks like but most of all I would LOVE one that can pick a long pass and spray the football about from deep.

At the minute we have Mccathey and Cleverly both can run round like headless chickens chasing the ball down but none can really pick a forward pass or spray the ball around the park, they are more the kind of players that will keep it by short passing it backwards.

Then we have Barry who can defend and takes up good positions, and for me is our best MF player, but he is not getting much younger and is still limited interms of long passing, the odd goal threat and pace.

I think our priority (apart from a gk) is to get a couple of defensive midfield players that have an all round game, I would like to see someone who knows what a goal looks like but most of all I would LOVE one that can pick a long pass and spray the football about from deep.

At the minute we have Mccathey and Cleverly both can run round like headless chickens chasing the ball down but none can really pick a forward pass or spray the ball around the park, they are more the kind of players that will keep it by short passing it backwards.

Then we have Barry who can defend and takes up good positions, and for me is our best MF player, but he is not getting much younger and is still limited interms of long passing, the odd goal threat and pace.
Pogba and Vidal

CM - Axel Witsel, one year left, peak age for a midfielder, played about 4 years in Russia so guaranteed that the money matters as much as does playing CL etc to him, bit of a tit apparently but a top top quality centre mid, will be honest next to no chance of getting him with the current manager i reckon - with a 'name' manager well within reach

Interesting that a lot of the heart of that Spurs team where bought by AVB as well - in the much lambasted 'wasting' of the Bale money and the season before when they reckoned they spent big knowing Bale wouold go the season after
Chadli, Lamela, Loris, Dembele, Erikson, Vertonghen all bought by AVB - a manager who is routinely criticised for player purchases...
According to my best mate Tom who's sitting next to me;

- Vertonghen's transfer was agreed by Harry Redknapp
- It is well known he didn't want Lamela or Eriksen
- Lloris isn't like uncovering a rough diamond at the time he was and still is the French Captain

Edit: Tom supports Tottenham

According to my best mate Tom who's sitting next to me;

- Vertonghen's transfer was agreed by Harry Redknapp
- It is well known he didn't want Lamela or Eriksen
- Lloris isn't like uncovering a rough diamond at the time he was and still is the French Captain

Edit: Tom supports Tottenham

Fair enough mate, pretty sure he did seal the Vertonghen deal though as Rednkapp had already left, lloris - he signed doesnt mater if he was known or not really - still signed a top keeper and Dembele is arguably the player that makes that entire eside tick which he deffo did sign.

Heard the Erisken and Lamela shouts before - if theirs much credence to them i dunno as that only came out after he left the club so could just as easily be spin

Which is why ive been banging on all season about my 4-3-3

Robles
Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Geri---Lukaku --- Mirallas
That team would have pissed the league.

I like that. Maybe a few changes...

Robles
Coleman - Mori - Jags - Baines
Stones
Besic - Barkley
Geri---Lukaku --- Lennon​

Good team overall above, but I myself would not have let Naismith leave, I liked him and he knew where the goal was as well. Fantastic overall player. Apart from lukukuku, jags and baines, everybody else needs more game time/ more training and more need to come in!!

A new goalkeeper is a must as well, although Robles needs a better defence in front!

You can't excel without talent, and he hasn't got any

Thats simply not true, he has bags of talent, if applied in the correct way.

Martinez has tried to mould him into a number 8, he will never be a number 8, he lacks the passing range, the ability to take a man on and cant shoot to save his life.

As a number 6 tho he has a full range of attributes, tenacity, energy and the ability to give it simple and shield a defence.

None of the current squad should be judged to harshly, not when we have seen them excel, Jamo is currently struggling for form cos the manager is a moron, Coleman hasnt suddenly become a terrible player, hes playing for a fraud.

Judge these players at their best and for me Jamo is a superb DM.

Thats simply not true, he has bags of talent, if applied in the correct way.

Martinez has tried to mould him into a number 8, he will never be a number 8, he lacks the passing range, the ability to take a man on and cant shoot to save his life.

As a number 6 tho he has a full range of attributes, tenacity, energy and the ability to give it simple and shield a defence.

None of the current squad should be judged to harshly, not when we have seen them excel, Jamo is currently struggling for form cos the manager is a moron, Coleman hasnt suddenly become a terrible player, hes playing for a fraud.

Judge these players at their best and for me Jamo is a superb DM.
Doesn't do a good job of shielding the defence, makes himself look busy while actually not doing much. Fraud of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back