Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku - yeah greta buy no doubt about that
Barry - very good pickup
Mori - agree with what you say
Besic - love the bloke but been here 2 years now and is no more than a bit part player, could easily go either way still
Deulofeu - great for the price we paid, but why on earth wouldn't he be at Everton if it wasn't for Martinez, think too many people think Martinez has some special connection with Barca that is utter frabrication because he is a Catalan
McCarthy - great buy? really - a decent one - but he has had one great season followed by two pretty poor ones, no way is he a great buy IMO for that price anyway

He brought in Alcaraz because he rated him highly mate, same with McGeady - neithe rone was a speculative punt, one was his Captain at Wigan i believe and the other he had purseued for a good few years and tried to get in at Wigan and then us

Notice you haven't mentione Naisse - the bloke who takes 4 months to get to 50% fitness due to a wrist injury

I would not call this season poor on McCarthy. Look at our record without him. He is very integral to our team. As far as Deulofeu goes maybe Barca would have loaned him to us initially (I still doubt it, but who knows), but I don't think the special connection is with the Barcelona so much as with the player. I think Martinez has been a massive influence on Gerry's performance and after last year's shitty loan spell, Gerry made it clear to Barca he wanted to return to RM and Everton.

As far as Alcaraz goes, he rated him as someone who could come in as a veteran who knew his system and how he wanted to played. He didn't rate him above Jags/Distin or Stones. He only got game time when (2) of the above were hurt or in the league cup. He did rate McGeady. Did it work out? No. What did it cost? 1M+ wages. thats pretty much as small of a risk as you can get.

I did mention Niasse in the category too early to judge. If you are going to claim a player is not good enough after stepping up to a new/better league and playing a whopping total of 28 minutes spread out through 4 sub appearances, then there is no sense in trying to argue differently with you.

I would not call this season poor on McCarthy. Look at our record without him. He is very integral to our team. As far as Deulofeu goes maybe Barca would have loaned him to us initially (I still doubt it, but who knows), but I don't think the special connection is with the Barcelona so much as with the player. I think Martinez has been a massive influence on Gerry's performance and after last year's shitty loan spell, Gerry made it clear to Barca he wanted to return to RM and Everton.

As far as Alcaraz goes, he rated him as someone who could come in as a veteran who knew his system and how he wanted to played. He didn't rate him above Jags/Distin or Stones. He only got game time when (2) of the above were hurt or in the league cup. He did rate McGeady. Did it work out? No. What did it cost? 1M+ wages. thats pretty much as small of a risk as you can get.

I did mention Niasse in the category too early to judge. If you are going to claim a player is not good enough after stepping up to a new/better league and playing a whopping total of 28 minutes spread out through 4 sub appearances, then there is no sense in trying to argue differently with you.

Just for the league games
record with McCarthy played 22 - won 8 (36%), Drew 6 (28%), Lost 8 (36%)
record without McCarthy played 8, Won 1 (12.5%), Drew 5 (62.5%), Lost 2 (25%)

so win a higher percentage but also lose a higher percentage when he starts - hardly class is as compelling stats showing we miss him a lot would you?

Actually started Alcaraz at cb ahead of stones in the derby for one - shunting stones out to rb instead and kept stones on the bench in kiev to start alcaraz as well - but lets not remember those abominations of a performance from him as they still give me nightmares

OK will say this about Naisse, we bought a player who 4 months after arriving is regarded by the manger as 50% fit, but who has had no injury that effects him from training and who had only gone 5 weeks since last playing when we bought him - that make any sense to you, or alternatively does it sound like a load of bullcrap from the manager?

Oh and the Russian team be bought him from has now played 4 games in the league and 2 European games during the time he has managed 28 minutes and is only 50% fit still for us...

so win a higher percentage but also lose a higher percentage when he starts - hardly class is as compelling stats showing we miss him a lot would you?

Actually started Alcaraz at cb ahead of stones in the derby for one - shunting stones out to rb instead and kept stones on the bench in kiev to start alcaraz as well - but lets not remember those abominations of a performance from him as they still give me nightmares

OK will say this about Naisse, we bought a player who 4 months after arriving is regarded by the manger as 50% fit, but who has had no injury that effects him from training and who had only gone 5 weeks since last playing when we bought him - that make any sense to you, or alternatively does it sound like a load of bullcrap from the manager?

Oh and the Russian team be bought him from has now played 4 games in the league and 2 European games during the time he has managed 28 minutes and is only 50% fit still for us...

McCarthy has been absolutely plop hasn't he this season, which perfectly follows his absolute plop of a season last year. He basically mirrors his manager, limited when taking a closer look.

He needs a new manager to insert some balls into his game does James and if he can't find those balls he needs shipping out.

McCarthy has been absolutely plop hasn't he this season, which perfectly follows his absolute plop of a season last year. He basically mirrors his manager, limited when taking a closer look.

He needs a new manager to insert some balls into his game does James and if he can't find those balls he needs shipping out.

He's a great MOTD highlights player, not so good when you watch him the full 90 minutes and he goes hiding

Now we're being linked with another Man United reject, Portuguese winger Nani.

You read that right. Nani.

That's how far Everton has fallen.

Kudos for doing the leg work on our record. Most people don't bother. So if we look at that record our PPG with McCarthy is 1.36 and 1.0 without. So if you extrapolate this further. If we played the 32 games (same as everyone else for an easier comparison). We would have a points total for 43.52 with McCarthy. This would put us right around Chelsea at 11th place. Our without McCarthy pace would put us at 32 points and sitting in 16th just above Norwich. Now I fully understand that neither pace puts us in a good position and this is a team sport so there are other factors in play, but our points pace without McCarthy has us battling relegation while with him we are mid table. He is a positive contributor to the team and besides Besic (who is hurt more often than McCarthy) we also don't have anyone else who can do what he does.

I'd be curious to see what our PPG is with McCarthy throughout his whole career at Everton, if I remember correctly when he was out with a concussion last season our form also went to [Poor language removed].

Kudos for doing the leg work on our record. Most people don't bother. So if we look at that record our PPG with McCarthy is 1.36 and 1.0 without. So if you extrapolate this further. If we played the 32 games (same as everyone else for an easier comparison). We would have a points total for 43.52 with McCarthy. This would put us right around Chelsea at 11th place. Our without McCarthy pace would put us at 32 points and sitting in 16th just above Norwich. Now I fully understand that neither pace puts us in a good position and this is a team sport so there are other factors in play, but our points pace without McCarthy has us battling relegation while with him we are mid table. He is a positive contributor to the team and besides Besic (who is hurt more often than McCarthy) we also don't have anyone else who can do what he does.

I'd be curious to see what our PPG is with McCarthy throughout his whole career at Everton, if I remember correctly when he was out with a concussion last season our form also went to [Poor language removed].

My take on it is rather than proving that McCarthy is a very good player - it proves that the replacement who is coming in for him is weaker, Besic - totally inexperienced, Cleverley - not good enough frankly, and the likes of Gibson etc just haven't got the legs to play next to Barry

Him and Barry i won't argue about being vital to the team - but that should set alarm bells ringing as we are reliant on a 35yo who is on the down side obviously and a player i honestly think we overate hugely who is fundamentally a okay midfielder nothing more

If we got offered at least 8 million for James McCarthy is drive him there myself. Yes he runs a lot, but this season and last it leads to nothing. He has zero contribution going forward and it's rather embarrassing that we spent so much on him.

Dunno if he'd do well here but like the look of janssen from the Dutch league. Seems to have done well lately but then again only had one good season
Speaking of the Dutch league, a mate of mine was speaking to a scout from Everton today called Andy de smet, he's based in Belgium but covers a few countries, he has recommend Jeffery bruma and we like the look of him but says they will probably want about £20m for him so is a stumbling block considering he never made it at Chelsea

Speaking of the Dutch league, a mate of mine was speaking to a scout from Everton today called Andy de smet, he's based in Belgium but covers a few countries, he has recommend Jeffery bruma and we like the look of him but says they will probably want about £20m for him so is a stumbling block considering he never made it at Chelsea
Not sure if that's his name, If so he covers a lot and lot of games across Holland and Belgium - pretty sure he's been to Switzerland to look at players (Tarashaj and Embolo?) we are looking at those markets for unearthed gems I'd assume

Lukaku - yeah greta buy no doubt about that
Barry - very good pickup
Mori - agree with what you say
Besic - love the bloke but been here 2 years now and is no more than a bit part player, could easily go either way still
Deulofeu - great for the price we paid, but why on earth wouldn't he be at Everton if it wasn't for Martinez, think too many people think Martinez has some special connection with Barca that is utter frabrication because he is a Catalan
McCarthy - great buy? really - a decent one - but he has had one great season followed by two pretty poor ones, no way is he a great buy IMO for that price anyway

He brought in Alcaraz because he rated him highly mate, same with McGeady - neithe rone was a speculative punt, one was his Captain at Wigan i believe and the other he had purseued for a good few years and tried to get in at Wigan and then us

Notice you haven't mentione Naisse - the bloke who takes 4 months to get to 50% fitness due to a wrist injury
We get it, you hate the manager. At least keep the non-Martinez threads away from the debate.

Plus that Deulofeu argument is bs, the player admitted himself that Martinez is a big reason he's at Everton now.

He looks like a solid defender to me but not at the level of some others we could look at for £20mil.

Not sure if that's his name, If so he covers a lot and lot of games across Holland and Belgium - pretty sure he's been to Switzerland to look at players (Tarashaj and Embolo?) we are looking at those markets for unearthed gems I'd assume
He's got his business card so unless he has spelt it wrong on there then I'd imagine it is him. Said there are a few Belgians coming through looking really good. Massive fan of Dedonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back