Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pretty rapid when he broke through.

Agree he'll probably need to drop deeper to prolong his his career like fergie wanted him to, cant see us getting more than 2 decent seasons out of him though

He's never relied on his pace though, is what I mean. He was quick and powerful - like Barkley, but Barkley doesn't just rely on pace.

Hypothetically, if he did come this summer, I'd say he'd give us a good 3 years. I think the first two of those he could definitely be a starter as well - in one position or another.

I won't be devastated if we don't get him or anything, but I think if the opportunity did arise we should go for it.

Rooneys ability to see and make a pass would add ten goals,a season to Roms tally! I'd have him based on th fact that slow or not, in decline or not, he's still better than most of our squad! I wouldnt spend billions on him mind, but those who are saying they wouldn't have him at any cost baffle me?

It can be difficult for any keeper behind a team that is not playing well. I think the same applies to Tim Howard , there are some on here who would blame Howard for every goal we have conceded this season just about when the truth is that injuries and loss of form by outfield players is just as big a cause for our poor results.

Playing in goals for Norwich in their current form can't be fun.

I live in Norwich mate and am surrounded by Norwich fans, they are baying for him to be dropped on a level like us wanting rid of Howard. Regardless of their defence he has been woeful for the last few matches. Many fans see it as the reason they're defence is so leaky, they have lost faith in the keeper.

No he wasn't at all.

He left us when we were in a dreadful way financially, and we had finished 17th the season before. He was also probably the best young player in Europe at the point after an amazing Euro 2004.

If Rom, in the summer, after we finish, say, 8th and he has an amazing Euros, leaves us (baring in mind we are in a much better financial position now than we were in 2004) would you say he is a footballing mercenary?

And my point isn't that he's a blue. I'm just saying that that's one of the many reasons you can't compare Rooney to Eto'o.

He's a mercenary. It might be hard to accept. It might break you. It's the truth.

He's also a blue. A blue who's past it. This may also break you, but it's important to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back