Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the odds are on us breaking our transfer record in the summer?

Problem is, the world & his wife know that we have a new investor AND all that lovely TV money to come in so there ain't going to be any bargains now

2/1 - read this about a hour after the deal was announced

front three of roon/new signing, rom, del.

behind them bark, besic, McCarhty

behind them, Garbutt/Oviedo (potentially), Stones, Mori/Jags, Coleman

Behind them, someone other than Howard.

With a bench of lennon/cleverley/barry/Naisse/Tarashaj/robles/Baines/other centre half/osman/hibbert/dowell/ledson/rodriguez/other left back/mirallas

The makings of a great team/squad. That alone is the makings of a great mix of experience and young potential.

The right side looks like a really nice balance doesn't it?

Ideally I'd like the same sort of options on the left, one a more defensive minded player that links up with the fullback, which I think can be Cleverley, and then a more attacking option. I really rate Kev but for me he seems better on the right and Martinez appears reluctant to give him much game time so guess he'll be off in the summer. Niasse may work but iirc one of reviews I read about him indicated his rapid improvement as a player coincided with a shift from the wing to the centre. Personally think we run Rom into the ground too much/play him when injured and think there is enough gametime to keep two good strikers content.

Martinez clearly has a plan for where he'd play Yarmolenko if he brought him, presumably left or central, but whenever I've seen him play he's been on the right and find it really hard to judge how well he'd perform in any other position.

I don't watch Mertens regularly but I've seen him play for both Napoli and Belgium in the position we require and do well so feel a bit more confident that he'd suit us. However think it unlikley he'd move as he seems settled and since he turns 29 in the summer a high transfer fee/salary to tempt Napoli and him would probably be unwise. With my sensible hat on there are probably better options, but he has such a sunny character and nice smile I'll likely still mention him until we get that side more established ;)

How about you, who is your preferred option?

I'm stuck on Yarmolenko because his power on the left should compliment the guile of Deulofeu on the right and they hopefully could alternate during games which would bring different threats to the full backs!

Yes, you are right I will stop reading this thread, especially as some poster says TORRES, Athletico Madrid, 1s top notch.
There's dreaming my friend, then with dreams become nightmares, I wonder if the Chelsea chairman still has sweet £50m dream , or does he wake in a cold sweat.

Word to the wise mate, there's at least two of us who mentioned Oliver Torres (clue was the description of a 'playmaker' whose 21 years of age rather than an ex RS forward whose past his best) and rather than slate people it's probably an idea to google if you dont know the player (also known as 'Oliver' and rumoured to want to leave Atletico Madrid to get more games) then disagree with us :)

As for spending £100mil+ or whatever....bear in mind theres 5-9 players off this summer and even ignoring the investment there is circa £50mil in additional tv revenues.

@BlueToff almost nailed it though about the players needed,however i would say we need;

GK
CM (perhaps even two)
CF (or LW depending on Niasse)
RB (if the young lads are loaned again.

Exciting times where we need QUALITY not quantity.

Word to the wise mate, there's at least two of us who mentioned Oliver Torres (clue was the description of a 'playmaker' whose 21 years of age rather than an ex RS forward whose past his best) and rather than slate people it's probably an idea to google if you dont know the player (also known as 'Oliver' and rumoured to want to leave Atletico Madrid to get more games) then disagree with us :)

As for spending £100mil+ or whatever....bear in mind theres 5-9 players off this summer and even ignoring the investment there is circa £50mil in additional tv revenues.

@BlueToff almost nailed it though about the players needed,however i would say we need;

GK
CM (perhaps even two)
CF (or LW depending on Niasse)
RB (if the young lads are loaned again.

Exciting times where we need QUALITY not quantity.

Think thats where other clubs have massively fell down when they have received large transfer fee's for players and had too much money and didn't know what to do with it.

If we had X amount after sorting contracts etc, i would happily spend on a top class goalie, a top class centre mid, and a top class replacement for Pienaar.

The rest would be a bonus, but i would rather split the money on them positions and spend proper money on them.

We aren't signing Yarmalenko mate.

Stubborn%20woman113012.jpg

We aren't signing Yarmalenko mate.

Well, @roydo has put enough info on here to show that we definitely have a strong interest in him (at least) and he has been quoted as saying he would rather join Everton than Barca -- match this to Niasse signing rather than a more 'traditional' left sided player and Martinez saying Yarmolenko is "the best player of his generation" and the TV revenues + investment and i think we will at least have a good go for him.

@chazzle_dazzle agree 100%. Whatever cash we have should go on 3 key players,GK CM and a LM/LW unless Niasse is truly going to be on the left in which case a FW to compete with Lukaku and not just be backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back