Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Kith can we give it a rest for a bit - the manager bashing is in every thread, we get it you don't like him please can we talk about transfers.
What thread am I in? Lost track. Of course.
And we were talking about Mirallas (and Stones and Lukaku) going... in the transfer thread. To which I am pointing out I for one don't want him to leave as he is one of our best talents.
Not permitted?

Ok 'realistic' variant now lads:

IN
Wojciech Szczesny - 12m (60k)
Micah Richards - 6m (60k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - free transfer (50k)
Nick Powell - free transfer (40k)
Michael Carrick - free transfer (70k)
Bony - 22m (80k)
total = 40m (360k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Tony Hibbert - free transfer (20k)
Felipe Mattioni - free transfer (5k)
Darron Gibson - free transfer (50k)
Leon Osman - free transfer (40k)
Steven Pienaar - free transfer (60k)
Aiden McGeady - 0.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 39m (80k)
Conor McAleny - free transfer (5k)
total = 40m (360k)

NET SPEND = zero

:drunk:

Ok 'realistic' variant now lads:

IN
Wojciech Szczesny - 12m (60k)
Micah Richards - 6m (60k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - free transfer (50k)
Nick Powell - free transfer (40k)
Michael Carrick - free transfer (70k)
Bony - 22m (80k)
total = 40m (360k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Aiden McGeady - 0.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 39m (80k)
Conor McAleny - free transfer (5k)
total = 40m (360k)

NET SPEND = zero

:drunk:
Holy Guacamole!!! :Blink:

Realistically if Lukaku goes, I really think we need a summer window like this:

IN
Timo Horn - 6.5m (50k wage)
Santiago Arias - 6m (30k)
Nicolas N'Koulou - free transfer (60k)
William Carvalho - 32m release clause (100k)
Wayne Rooney - 18.5m (150k)
Andriy Yarmolenko - 25m (100k)
Arkadiusz Milik - 15m (60k)
Rogelio Funes Mori - 5m (30k)
Eugene Konoplyanka - 32m release clause (100k)
total = 140m (680k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Gareth Barry - 1m (60k)
Aiden McGeady - 1.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 75m (80k)
Arouna Kone - 1m (50k)
Kevin Mirallas - 10m (70k)
Conor McAleny - 1m (5k)
total = 90m (540k)

NEW CONTRACTS
Ross Barkley - from 60k to 120k
John Stones - from 40k to 100k
Joel Robles - from 20k to 30k
wage rises of current players = plus 140k

NET TRANSFERS = -50m
NET SALARY PER YEAR = -15m

We are allowed to rise our wage spending by 7m per year via new PL FFP rules. So hopefully Moshiri will be able to find extra 10m for our revenue via sponsorship as we really need to enjoy a summer like this if Lukaku is going.

DEPTH CHART
GK: Horn/Robles/Stanek
RB: Coleman/Arias/Kenny
CB: Stones/Jagielka/Holgate
CB: Funes Mori/N'Koulou/Galloway
LB: Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt
DM: Carvalho/McCarthy/Ledson
CM: Barkley/Besic/Cleverley/Walsh
AM: Rooney/Tarashaj/Evans
RW: Yarmolenko/Lennon/Dowell
ST: Milik/Niasse/Funes Mori/Rodriguez
LW: Konoplyanka/Deulofeu/Henen

Keep taking the drugs. Don't stop.

Quite like Bony tbf although it is possible he has lost his desire to push himself - seems a touch content on the City bench collecting his salary.

Powell meant to have offfield issues, his Wigan loan ended poorly because of them at least although he could have matured a bit since then.
Yup Bony doesn't look like that player on the pitch he was when he played for Swansea. We probably can do better than him with a young talent similar to Lukaku when we brought Rom in.

And true that about Powell, but I think Martinez really likes himl and he possibly could push him to become at least a decent backup player for us. Would rather try to sign a talented player like Vilhena on a Bosman first though.

This young lad though. We were linked with Ziyech a couple of years ago I think. Could be imo perfect for us. Gery, him and a new left winger, move Ross to number six position and we could be boss.

The quality of defenders in Dutch league is not anyhow too great.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-keen-michael-carrick-summer-7634194

Everton keen on Michael Carrick for summer free transfer from Manchester United
  • 22:30, 26 MAR 2016
  • BY TOM HOPKINSON
The England midfielder is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer and he is yet to be offered a new deal by the Red Devils

Liverpool-v-Manchester-United-UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-16-First-Leg

No deal: Carrick is yet to be offered a new contract by United​
Everton boss Roberto Martinez is making a play to snap up Manchester United vice-captain Michael Carrick on a free transfer this summer.
Carrick is out of contract at the end of June, around three weeks before he turns 35, and United have not yet let him know if they will offer him a further extension.
That has opened the door to Martinez and Everton, and there is a growing confidence at Goodison Park that a deal could be done.
A move for defensive midfielder Carrick would inevitably raise question marks overGareth Barry’s future on Merseyside.
Barry, 35, has one more season to run on the three-year contract he signed when he joined from Manchester City in 2014, having spent the previous campaign on loan at the Merseyside club.
Everton-v-West-Bromwich-Albion.jpg

Questions: Barry (35) has one more year left on his deal

Everton-v-Arsenal-Premier-League

Keen: Martinez is an admirer of the United midfielder​
But Martinez could rotate the veteran pair to ensure they both stay fresh throughout the campaign.
Asked about his situation at United last week, Carrick said: “My contract is up and I’m not sure what’s happening yet.
“I haven’t heard anything just at the moment. Hopefully I will sometime soon.
“I am not making a big deal of it. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I am quite relaxed about it.”
Carrick has five Premier League winners’ medals and has won the Champions League and League Cup once, as well as the Club World Cup, in his 10 years at Old Trafford.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-keen-michael-carrick-summer-7634194

Everton keen on Michael Carrick for summer free transfer from Manchester United
  • 22:30, 26 MAR 2016
  • BY TOM HOPKINSON
The England midfielder is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer and he is yet to be offered a new deal by the Red Devils

Liverpool-v-Manchester-United-UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-16-First-Leg

No deal: Carrick is yet to be offered a new contract by United​
Everton boss Roberto Martinez is making a play to snap up Manchester United vice-captain Michael Carrick on a free transfer this summer.
Carrick is out of contract at the end of June, around three weeks before he turns 35, and United have not yet let him know if they will offer him a further extension.
That has opened the door to Martinez and Everton, and there is a growing confidence at Goodison Park that a deal could be done.
A move for defensive midfielder Carrick would inevitably raise question marks overGareth Barry’s future on Merseyside.
Barry, 35, has one more season to run on the three-year contract he signed when he joined from Manchester City in 2014, having spent the previous campaign on loan at the Merseyside club.
Everton-v-West-Bromwich-Albion.jpg

Questions: Barry (35) has one more year left on his deal

Everton-v-Arsenal-Premier-League

Keen: Martinez is an admirer of the United midfielder​
But Martinez could rotate the veteran pair to ensure they both stay fresh throughout the campaign.
Asked about his situation at United last week, Carrick said: “My contract is up and I’m not sure what’s happening yet.
“I haven’t heard anything just at the moment. Hopefully I will sometime soon.
“I am not making a big deal of it. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I am quite relaxed about it.”
Carrick has five Premier League winners’ medals and has won the Champions League and League Cup once, as well as the Club World Cup, in his 10 years at Old Trafford.
Really dont think so....not whats needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back