Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye mate, but normally they get players who are running down contracts, or alternatively are at an age that the parent club just wants their wages off their books as the priority and the fee they get is secondary to that.

Mata has a really high value still to him so can't see him going anyplace like that for a long whilst

Think United would rather sell him cheaper to the likes of Fenerbache, than to a domestic rival.

The message about his rep in Russia - POTY crap etc was just outright lies and misinformation by the media - and suplied by someone connected to that deal mate, and no one whatsoever pulled them up about it, which for me stinks to high heaven

I'm not some big Russia Football guru myself, just watch the games on telly as they don't tend to clash with our games and its nice to be able to watch them on the big screen rather than sit at the PC mate, even from that it was blindingly obvious he wasn't good enough and that close on 14m quid was an absolute joke of a fee to pay

Christ mate, Dzagoev, CSKA and the Russian national teams best player - has a buyout of 15m Euros and is actually still younger than Naisse

Naisse had one game when he looked a beast in - a EL tie and honestly IF their wasnt some dodgy dealings that went on, then the scout or Martinez must have signed him based upon that one performance, given martinez and his comments about sometimes falling in love with a player after seeing them once, it actually may be that case, which is an utter joke

I don't think there was anything sinister going on, I think it was a straightforward mistake. I'm sure it's been said that the head scout has left Everton and the Niasse fiasco is central to that.

The stars aligned in the wrong way really. You had a lad like Naismith who wanted to be a first team regular. I don't think Martinez wanted him to as we would be short yet it is difficult to keep unhappy players around. We then get presented this big strong lad, from the Russian league who in the last half of the season has developed a decent goalscoring stats and works very hard. Some even say he is having a "break out" season and value will only rise as it's just clicked for him. As you say we watch the one game and "fall in love". Sometimes this works too, it's what happened with Besic by all accounts who most would say has proven to be an astute buy for what we paid.

Add into the mix it is deadline day, there is panic all around and it's clear the due diligence wasn't done. I think Martinez felt for similar money (9 million v 13 million) he could get a similar player and hopefully an upgrade while removing a frustrated Naismith from the squad.

It's proven to be a big cockup. Rightly or wrongly it happens. We all make bad transfers. The manager who bought him has now gone as has the chief scout. Not sure what else the club can do. We lose 13 million (or 4 million when you consider we effectively sold Naismith). It's not great but we will make circa 30 million on Stones and similar on Lukaku. You win some you lose some.

Only chance to sign Mata is selling nani and van persie with a perfect price tag.club got a deal with UEFA and no more big signing like past years.anyway Everton needs him more than Fenerbahce so it's win win for me.

I don't think there was anything sinister going on, I think it was a straightforward mistake. I'm sure it's been said that the head scout has left Everton and the Niasse fiasco is central to that.

The stars aligned in the wrong way really. You had a lad like Naismith who wanted to be a first team regular. I don't think Martinez wanted him to as we would be short yet it is difficult to keep unhappy players around. We then get presented this big strong lad, from the Russian league who in the last half of the season has developed a decent goalscoring stats and works very hard. Some even say he is having a "break out" season and value will only rise as it's just clicked for him. As you say we watch the one game and "fall in love". Sometimes this works too, it's what happened with Besic by all accounts who most would say has proven to be an astute buy for what we paid.

Add into the mix it is deadline day, there is panic all around and it's clear the due diligence wasn't done. I think Martinez felt for similar money (9 million v 13 million) he could get a similar player and hopefully an upgrade while removing a frustrated Naismith from the squad.

It's proven to be a big cockup. Rightly or wrongly it happens. We all make bad transfers. The manager who bought him has now gone as has the chief scout. Not sure what else the club can do. We lose 13 million (or 4 million when you consider we effectively sold Naismith). It's not great but we will make circa 30 million on Stones and similar on Lukaku. You win some you lose some.

Probbaly right on that mate, still won't be convinced that something dodgy dint happen though, and at the best its complete incompetence on sevral peoples parts... and in many ways if it leads to the club getting in a top class DoF to try stop this happening again then the price may be worth it in the long run

Only thing the bloke had going for him was he worked hard, but in many cases that can just be a player trying to get a lucrative move, and workrate without ANY talent will not get you anywhere in a decent league, no talent and then sticking your feet up after a lucrative move like Naisse has apparently done just means you have a utter garbage player yu will struggle to shift, honestly best possible outcome safe for some weird china move for him would be try get any team in Turkey or Russia to foot some or all of his wages on a loan and we sell at the first sign of interest from ANYONE for any price

Think United would rather sell him cheaper to the likes of Fenerbache, than to a domestic rival.

Don't think the wya United are ran as a business will allow that mate, Glazers will want the best profit the can get as it helps the bottom line, plus Mourinho genuinely doesn't rate the lad as shown when he happily sold him to United - who at that moment could certainly be considered more of a rival than we are to United currently.

Either way though, i think if we truly do want him then we will get him, same for Strootman as well, connections with Koeman for both, both at a crossroad stage of their careers and that's the best type of player for us to aim for right now, hopefully they arrive with points to prove and if they perform that way then we will have bargains no matter what fees are involved

Strootman, Mata imagine... mixing absolute quality with the good young players we have

tumblr_l0z7qaEQWv1qaf8ryo1_500.jpg

Probbaly right on that mate, still won't be convinced that something dodgy dint happen though, and at the best its complete incompetence on sevral peoples parts... and in many ways if it leads to the club getting in a top class DoF to try stop this happening again then the price may be worth it in the long run

The only thing that gives me any hope is that I went on the Lokomotiv forums when we signed him and they were all gutted and said they genuinely believed he could be one of the best strikers in the PL. He has looked far from it so far.

Only thing the bloke had going for him was he worked hard, but in many cases that can just be a player trying to get a lucrative move, and workrate without ANY talent will not get you anywhere in a decent league, no talent and then sticking your feet up after a lucrative move like Naisse has apparently done just means you have a utter garbage player yu will struggle to shift, honestly best possible outcome safe for some weird china move for him would be try get any team in Turkey or Russia to foot some or all of his wages on a loan and we sell at the first sign of interest from ANYONE for any price

If Niasse has anything about him he may have a better chance under Koeman than he did under RM.
Our style of play going forward will be more direct and high tempo. When playing under RM we were passing the ball to death and Niasse looked as if he didn't have a clue what he was doing, but then, unfortunately the whole team was heading in that direction anyway.

He is a big powerful player and looks very athletic. I think the coaching staff may start to look at what he can do , rather than what he can't do and see if he has anything to offer going forward.

I hope he starts with a clean slate the same as everybody else and then if he isn't good enough we try to move him to a level he can play and we take the hit.
This has happened with Kroldrup and Bilyaletdinov and it happens to every club.

I would love to know if Koeman was aware of the player before his transfer to Everton and what they thought of him while at Southampton.

The only thing that gives me any hope is that I went on the Lokomotiv forums when we signed him and they were all gutted and said they genuinely believed he could be one of the best strikers in the PL. He has looked far from it so far.

Lokomotiv fans i know personally thought they had robbed us blind and couldn't understand why we'd paid that much for him mate and generally weren't that arsed he left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back