Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that some people have info, like Esk for example. He knew of the interest in Koeman from someone, definitely. But, in terms of transfers, I think nobody knows anything at this point. We don't even have confirmed reports that Witsel bid has been accepted, do we?

People saying 'it's done, good night' on transfers, especially THIS summer, is putting a certainty vibe in an opinion and leaving them open to questioning, no?

And I was going to make a similar point as Mouts, the fact that EVERY "ITK" has been wrong this summer makes me think they are almost feeding people false info or something like that. It's very peculiar.

There's no such thing as a 'confirmed report' re transfers mate unless one of the clubs comes out and states that it's happened - which isvery rarely the case.

The reports of Mkhitaryan, as a recent example, signing for Utd were 'unconfirmed' until Utd released the picture of him with the shirt and the club statement. Most clubs don't state 'we have bid for xxx'... and I reckon we've been burnt once already by stating we had agreed the deal for Fer, so won't be going back to that option any time soon...

As much as we need reinforcements I honestly think under Martinez we'd have struggled against Barnsley and MK Dons whereas we've breezed past them this summer. The squad as it stands would finish higher than 11th with the manager we have now.

The squad was good enough last season to compete at the top end of the table, we werent 11th cos we had bad players, they had bad training, bad tactics and a manager so far out his depth it was scary.

We need players big time, but I stress, we currently have some outstanding players, who just need proper training and tactics.

I get your point, but do you think this team is good enough to get a result against Spurs?

Stickleback
Coleman - Mori - Stones - Baines
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas --------------- Geri
Lukaku​

Yeah for sure, not sure about the Sticky in goal though, would prefer to keep Robles.
I've said many times on here that I truly believe we have a talented first 11, the problem was the old manager who was stubborn as.
I'm not expecting us to spend nowhere the figures quoted by some ITK's but we definitely need decent squad players to fill in for players that have left or are crap, Kone Niasse take a bow!!!

What worries me is that the season doesn't start on September 1st or whenever that k nob Jim White takes over the TV, we have had plenty of time to get players in and surely having your players in now would see a more productive pre season?

Most other EPL sides have been quite busy in this window to go out and get the players they want that they think will improve their team, we seem to be standing still.

but it's not like we're heading into the season with an awful squad.

it's a talented squad that underachieved but is still (under the right guidance, which it now seemingly has) is more than capable of beating anybody, and is certainly capable of getting through the first four games of the season...

We need signings, clearly. I don't think anybody genuinely thinks we don't, and we will get them in. But we've got plenty of time. And as @MoutsGoat has stated, we are seemingly dealing with players who are in that 'second category' of quality - e.g. the Mata's, Witsel's, Carvalho's. Whereas before most of our signings were Tier 3 that sometimes developed into better (Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini etc)

The new TV deals have put way too much money into the system and caused the sellers to want to constantly try to up the price on their assets, believing there is always more to be had. When Newcastle can place an insane price on Sissoko and teams actually discuss paying it, you know that the market is temporarily broken. Eventually with a few more deals across Europe the other players will slot in for price and the flurry of signings will start.

First point, yes I agree. As it stands (so Stones, Rom both here) we need a keeper, a midfielder and a playmaker to come into the first XI, IMO.

We could also do with competition for striker, right-back and depending on outs, another central midfielder. If Stones goes we'll need a CB as well.

Second point, my view is that a manager makes a hell of a lot of difference. On paper, I think most reasonable people would agree that last season our squad was better than Southampton's, yet Koeman got them playing in a way and to a standard that saw them finish top 6, whereas a combination of poor decisions/tactics from Bobby (and poor form from players, yes) led to to us finishing 11th.

You say 'most reasonable people', but what you really mean is deluded Evertonians who are still living in 2013. The comparisons between Everton and Southampton were done by many prior to Southampton losing their manager and a host of other players. You will find that most reasonable people did not share the delusion of Evertonians, and that most reasonable people questioned and expressed shock at Koeman leaving Southampton for Everton. The same people continue to describe Everton's squad as poor, and that's because it is poor and has barely changed in three years.

Most reasonable people think Everton have a midtable squad, and at present they are correct.

Yeah for sure, not sure about the Sticky in goal though, would prefer to keep Robles.
I've said many times on here that I truly believe we have a talented first 11, the problem was the old manager who was stubborn as.
I'm not expecting us to spend nowhere the figures quoted by some ITK's but we definitely need decent squad players to fill in for players that have left or are crap, Kone Niasse take a bow!!!

Im just saying everybody is worried with there being 2 weeks till the Spurs game, the window shuts at the end of the month, quite possibly the biggest joke of the entire premier league era, how is it possible that the season starts and the window is still open? An utter joke in my eyes, im aware of why it is, with all the European leagues starting at different times and all that bullcrap, but its a farce.

Anyway, I digress, im sure Koeman isnt worried, as you agree, we do have a fairly good starting 11 to field, clearly it could be better in some areas, but its a talented group of players that with the right tactics and motivation could easily turn over Spurs at a bouncing Goodison.

We also have
but it's not like we're heading into the season with an awful squad.

it's a talented squad that underachieved but is still (under the right guidance, which it now seemingly has) is more than capable of beating anybody, and is certainly capable of getting through the first four games of the season...

We need signings, clearly. I don't think anybody genuinely thinks we don't, and we will get them in. But we've got plenty of time. And as @MoutsGoat has stated, we are seemingly dealing with players who are in that 'second category' of quality - e.g. the Mata's, Witsel's, Carvalho's. Whereas before most of our signings were Tier 3 that sometimes developed into better (Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini etc)

See reply to @MoutsGoat, personally I would prefer getting tier 3 players in like the ones you mention than getting held to ransom and paying extortionate prices for (Mata aside) average players.
I'd also like EFC to come out and say that no one is being sold, especially our top talents, then we can push on because like you said we do have a very talented starting 11

yeah i'll admit this is getting ridiculous now, he's had plenty of time with the squad to assess where we need strengthening. The season starts two weeks Saturday, hardly much bedding in time now, that's IF we sign anyone before spurs.

We also have

See reply to @MoutsGoat, personally I would prefer getting tier 3 players in like the ones you mention than getting held to ransom and paying extortionate prices for (Mata aside) average players.
I'd also like EFC to come out and say that no one is being sold, especially our top talents, then we can push on because like you said we do have a very talented starting 11
What happens if we get the three players in (whoever they really are) and still get bummed by the spurs on opening day - whats left to fume at then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back