Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not think we would get him anyway but having a go a year before a release clause kicks in is worth a go. You don't know unless you try.

the release clause is something like 67m, hes not worth close to that. for someone to even try get him early theyre going to have to offer more than that.

Draxler "I started watching Everton Football Club after listening to Lewis (Holtby) talking about the club and how much he loved it, they are very much my favourite English team".

This is totally fabricated... but it would be nice to dream!

Weird that Benteke is the only striker we've been linked with.

You'd have through Walsh would have a few up his sleeve we'd be interested in.

Sorry if I wasn't clear mate.

Win in the league would indicate a side that is able to win more often than they lose and draw. A side that qualifies for European places. Which factually does not require a 20+ goal scorer. We have done it for a long time.

Fair enough I read it at different way that's all... But to get top 4 etc a 20 goal a season striker is needed IMO... We done it once .. But we also are the only team to get top 4 with a minus GD lol

OK mate. You carry on using last season as a yardstick for improvement. It must be great telling yourself that failing to replace two very good players that have offered a lot to Everton Football Club has improved the club. McCarthy was crap last year as well, maybe we should fail to replace him with nobody at all as well, then there will be an improvement overload at Everton Football Club and we can take on all comers.

I'm not just using last season. Howard has been poor for 2 seasons and Pienaar has made 13 league appearances in 2 years.

I honestly can't believe that you really think we are going to miss them.

Why would you renew the contracts of 2 players who don't have anything left to offer us?

I think you are deluded if you continue to call Howard and Pienaar very good players. They once were undoubtedly but sadly no longer.

McCarthy has age on his side and is a better player to have in the squad at this moment in time than Pienaar or Howard.

I'm sorry but it's not 2010 anymore.

Weird that Benteke is the only striker we've been linked with.

You'd have through Walsh would have a few up his sleeve we'd be interested in.
I'm sure they have a fair few deals up their sleeve that are being kept under wraps at the moment.

I am, unusally for an Evertonian, quite optimistic and rational when it comes to transfers. I am starting to get concerned that we have significant gaps - I would love a marquee signing but I am pragmatic. Just enough players to get rid of some of the dead wood in the squad - and push us on a little bit - for starters.

As I said a few weeks back, we are still looking at a young Lazio winger, Keita Balde Diao. Swansea are also interested. I'm not usually ITK on EFC stuff, usually well more low key stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back