Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying we haven't spent any money simply isn't true, did the new signings all come for free. Doesn't matter where the money came from it was still spent.

Everyone should chill on me...
14021687_1820983131463160_3726207896047381568_n.jpg

Not wanting to start a big blown debate that has been had 100 times before. But one question for anyone. Factoring what is in front of us, not what they hope happen

considering Koeman said in the conference he hopes for one or two more. If those two were The dutch right back (2 million) and Begovic (7 million for example) and our net spend despite the takeover, despite selling a player for 47 million, despite the increased tv money was under 10 million.

Would you consider this window to be a failure?

Factoring how much income we have received technically and the fact we still would be lacking in certain areas. But at the same time the squad would be much more balanced with cover in most positions.

so yeah, any thoughts? Would questions have to be raised or would people be happy signing the players we have, from the clubs we have and not actually spending much surplus?

I'd be underwhelmed with that yes. Felt our midfield needed an overhaul, not a tweak, and our striker options are rubbish.

Saying we haven't spent any money simply isn't true, did the new signings all come for free. Doesn't matter where the money came from it was still spent.

even on FM there's more to money spent than just the transfer fee. Kids these days should know there's multiple other costs. When you sell a player for £20m, you're budget on FM doesn't go up exactly by £20m, you instantly remember than you bought said sold player over 3 years in installments.

Were behind at WBA and went on to win...drew with spurs.

Under Martinez....same as koeman.

Sorry
Why is it you challenge any positives on here. Towards the end of RM he had clearly lost the players, here we are now with a new manager new ideas a solid start yet we compare to last season and somehow make it look that doom will strike again.

Exactly .. Those to results are the same as last year... But the manner of the preformance and the way the opposition missed chances ( saved) don't tell how poor we were last year... The players at the end of the year didn't want to play for him..even baines... A model pro, who I literally had never seen talking to a journo was hung out to dry .... For being honest... And that was the point of no return in my eyes

As I said last night whilst we chased deals at the beginning of the summer there's been a fundamental shift, whether that's Walsh's influence or Koeman or both we're being selective despite the pressure to add. It seems everything has to be right for the deal to take place given what we've walked away from.

We can only benefit from that in the long term, and it means the people we have brought in and will bring in are the ones we want rather than just because they are available.

Has there not been an enforced change in our short-term strategy because the club pitched way too high in their original targets and we came away with nothing? All of which happened pre-Walsh's arrival. Has Walsh had to work hard within the club to dampen expectations about the quality of player we can realistically pursue because of the well-documented constraints of successive 11th place finishes and no European football?

I agree that our approach does now seem to be patient and disciplined, and that is all to the good.

even on FM there's more to money spent than just the transfer fee. Kids these days should know there's multiple other costs. When you sell a player for £20m, you're budget on FM doesn't go up exactly by £20m, you instantly remember than you bought said sold player over 3 years in installments.

We might actually have some money to spend on the new FM 17, never had it with Everton before, gonna win da leeeeague lol.

Not wanting to start a big blown debate that has been had 100 times before. But one question for anyone. Factoring what is in front of us, not what they hope happen

considering Koeman said in the conference he hopes for one or two more. If those two were The dutch right back (2 million) and Begovic (7 million for example) and our net spend despite the takeover, despite selling a player for 47 million, despite the increased tv money was under 10 million.

Would you consider this window to be a failure?

Factoring how much income we have received technically and the fact we still would be lacking in certain areas. But at the same time the squad would be much more balanced with cover in most positions.

so yeah, any thoughts? Would questions have to be raised or would people be happy signing the players we have, from the clubs we have and not actually spending much surplus?

Yes a huge let down, that's something I would have expected under incompetent Bill and his regime not this new one. We have 5 days to go or so, so lets hope we get some quality over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back