Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original post which I responded to was

Now you put yourself forward as someone who's fairly close to the business, so, on the assumption that's true, you know how the system works. Players will join the best club for them, which is based on a combination of money and their ambitions.

If players can go to a club where they see a short term benefit and clubs can offer European football, then that's where they'll go. Chanxes are they'll move on within three or four years.

Of the realistic targets that we've actually been in for, there's really only Sissoko we've missed out on. The likes of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho were always long shots.

For sure, the end to the window has been disappointing, but we didn't seem to be really interested in the likes of Bony and Hart. We could, and should have done better, but when someone who professes to be a professional in or around this area comes up with words and phrases like "disaster" and "complete shambles" then please don't expect me to take you too seriously.

Of players worth noting, Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones have left the club. Hibbert, Osman abd Pienaar barely featured last year.

Howard's been replaced by the Dutch keeper who I can't spell, which at first glance seems to be an upgrade.

Stones has been replaced by Williams. Undoubtedly Stones is the more talented footballer but William is probably a better fit for us as a team.

Gana has been added and, again at first glance appears to be a good addition.
I'm on the fence with Bolassie.

Holgate's coming through and Davies and perhaps one or two others as well.

Overall, the squad's probably improved from the end of last season. We've missed out on targets which would have improved us more, but our recent league positions mean we're negogiating with one hand tied behind our back.

What I see is a disappointing end to a window which, with a couple of other signings would have been a pretty good one, but if you want to still want to call it a disgrace then go right ahead and fume.

Great response mate. I am off home now but I will respond accordingly.

Everyone has 100 percent right to fume now disgraceful final day and the manager has been let down by utter inept staff including elstone and kenwright

Agree. You cant go forward with these clowns.
Just thinking about it, there was only really Kone who was desperate to come, out of everyone we wanted but couldn't get? Witsel held out for Juventus, Hart was never seemingly a target (Stek appears to be his no1 choice) Lucas and Sissoko went elsewhere and Ghezzal said no thanks.

Koeman and Walsh weren't in place early enough to get their preferred deals over the line before silly season started. Next summer will be different.

There were enough options left. Like i said before, southampton bought tadic and mane together for 30 mil. Maybe we couldnt have got the big players wich didnt suprised me but cmon, there are so many good options left. Its just knowing the market and be smart. A player like Ziyech was 10 mil. That risk isnt to big but we rather spend it to bulldozers.

Chances are we're going to have to finish top 6, if we're very lucky top 7 to make Europe.

So our 'squad' has got to compete with Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea, maybe even the Foxes to have any realistic chance of making it.

I don't get how 'any' of the people trying to be positive think our squad is strong enough to give us a realistic chance of competing with those teams unless RK has a blinder of a season and we avoid injuries to key players.

We're going to be relying on epic levels of fail from one or more big clubs and riding our luck to have any chance due to the clubs failings in the transfer window.

Quite underwhelming! Everton that.

Well onwards with a promising start, just wish we'd have been able to strengthen to provide competition for places at least.

I am glad we got shafted by Sissoko tho, Poch obviously sees good in him (as did Koeman) but in no way whatsoever is he worth £30m. No way!

I thought Brahimi would sign and I am shocked we let Bony go to Stoke, even Remy for that matter. Disappointed we hadn't agreed a fee with Porto well ahead of time, from what we hear, he wanted to come and was impressed by the vision. Typical Everton.

Imagine the result of today is that we have an injury crisis and the only lad fit is Niasse, but then it turns out he's really good and he only had to believe in himself like some kind of teen drama film.

He might turn into a werewolf and be brilliant at football. The Goodison faithful would all dress up as wolves, and we'd have wolf-themed musical numbers at the end of each home game, like the 80s classic 'Teen Wolf'.

What an absolute shower, we have shown unbelievable incompetence in our business dealings. It is beyond my comprehension to think that a business mind such as Moshiri is alleged to possess would be firstly played like an old fiddle on the last day and secondly why we were dealing at this time of the window! Completely unconvinced by any of this and certainly will be taking any stadium announcements with huge scepticism! I thought the Everton world was changing, sadly not...

your failure to read makes this null and void either way

Jimmy%20Savile

A tiny little liverpool badge putting you off? Didums, there you go use that one instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back