Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Grealish, over hyped and would be ridiculously expensive he doesn't have a end product much of the time as far as I can see. Get a direct winger who can assist and score and two midfield beasts.
When refs stop giving him freekicks everytime he goes to ground he'll be a liability.
Surprised he hasn't been called out on his lack of balance once touched!

Delph, gylfi and Davies are proven trash and poor Gbamin might never be the same again, need at least 2 new cms in or its going to be another long season

I think we as fans have given up on Gomes, I doubt the management have, Gmblammo is a risk yes.

I doubt Davies is going anywhere, but of course if we shift Iceland or Delph that leaves us short.

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

We have these options currently.

Delph, gylfi and Davies are proven trash and poor Gbamin might never be the same again, need at least 2 new cms in or its going to be another long season

Yeah if we bring in just the one CM and no CF/LW then we can write next season off already in terms of a top 6 finish.

I think people/the club underestimate just how crap this squad is - miles away from the top 6 places and kin Hojbjerg alone isnt going to bridge the gap when you still have Bernard/Iwobi out wide, Gomes/Davies still in the middle and DCL/Kean/Tosun as 3 of our 4 striking options.

Yeah if we bring in just the one CM and no CF/LW then we can write next season off already.

I think people/the club underestimate just how crap this squad is - miles away from the top 6 places and kin Hojbjerg alone isnt going to bridge the gap when you still have Bernard/Iwobi out wide, Gomes/Davies still in the middle and DCL/Kean/Tosun as 3 of our 4 striking options.

And I think anybody who expects us to fix the whole squad in 1 window are being quite silly.

A RW, a proper CM transforms this team.

Not drastically, but still.

I think we as fans have given up on Gomes, I doubt the management have, Gmblammo is a risk yes.

I doubt Davies is going anywhere, but of course if we shift Iceland or Delph that leaves us short.

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

We have these options currently.
I’ve not given up on Gomes but I think a lot of fans forget just how serious his injury was, imo I doubt we’ll see much consistency from him for a few months still and I doubt we’ll see Gbamin until the new year, the rest of our options absolutely disgust me. Think it’ll be a huge mistake to only sign one cm

Thats poor if true - we need a minimum of 5 in.
Brands needs to actually build the squad properly with some depth. Was saying in the other thread look how thin we have been at DM, it's ok blaming injuries but two dms in a EPL squad isn't enough. We got lucky with Holgate developing fast because we would have been majorly short at CB too. Also up front DCL coming on this season has helped us because Kean has flopped and there is no depth beyond this. Compare that to Wolves, Leicester and Arsenal squad depth.

I’ve not given up on Gomes but I think a lot of fans forget just how serious his injury was, imo I doubt we’ll see much consistency from him for a few months still and I doubt we’ll see Gbamin until the new year, the rest of our options absolutely disgust me. Think it’ll be a huge mistake to only sign one cm

Realistically we need a new GK, new RB, new CB, 2 new CMs, a new LW, a new RW and probably another Striker.

Reality tells me we wont get all them.

And I think anybody who expects us to fix the whole squad in 1 window are being quite silly.

A RW, a proper CM transforms this team.

Not drastically, but still.

Unless they are world class players they wont be transforming anything mate.

We are a good 5-6 players from competing for anything over than Burnleys shiny 10th spot - kin Southampton and Villa have outplayed us.

When you rely on one player like Gbamin look what happens if he is out for the season. You need youngsters who can cover and to actually buy players who can play a season unlike Delph.

Brands needs to actually build the squad properly with some depth. Was saying in the other thread look how thin we have been at DM, it's ok blaming injuries but two dms in a EPL squad isn't enough. We got lucky with Holgate developing fast because we would have been majorly short at CB too. Also up front DCL coming on this season has helped us because Kean has flopped and there is no depth beyond this. Compare that to Wolves, Leicester and Arsenal squad depth.

Wolves and Leicester have 1 Striker who is vital to everything they do.

I don't see much depth there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back