Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you rely on one player like Gbamin look what happens if he is out for the season. You need youngsters who can cover and to actually buy players who can play a season unlike Delph.

Both of our "main" CMs both suffered very serious injuries in the same season and the player we bought as back up cant stay fit, which we knew.

That left us with French International we paid 24m for and an academy player with over 100 games.

Im confused with how much depth 1 team can have.

We bought 3 CMs last summer, think its silly to assume we would buy another 2.
I mean I think we need it, Hojberg if we sign him alone doesn't really do much but sure up the defensive side of things, I understand why the club think like it because Gbamin is still pretty much unknown after two freak injuries but I just think 1 still won't be enough.
1 CM perm 1 CM loan sure I'm okay with that too.

Brands needs to actually build the squad properly with some depth. Was saying in the other thread look how thin we have been at DM, it's ok blaming injuries but two dms in a EPL squad isn't enough. We got lucky with Holgate developing fast because we would have been majorly short at CB too. Also up front DCL coming on this season has helped us because Kean has flopped and there is no depth beyond this. Compare that to Wolves, Leicester and Arsenal squad depth.

Im just hoping the echo know nothing or only have half the picture - its criminal if we bring in just 3-4 players especially if only one of those is a CM.

If you are talking minimum I would say 5 which would be:

CM
CM
RW
RB
CB

Anything less and we are playing russian roulette relying on Gbamin who injured himself playing kin football tennis and striking a ball in training.

I mean I think we need it, Hojberg if we sign him alone doesn't really do much but sure up the defensive side of things, I understand why the club think like it because Gbamin is still pretty much unknown after two freak injuries but I just think 1 still won't be enough.
1 CM perm 1 CM loan sure I'm okay with that too.

Oh we lack creativity, Holjberg solves very little, of that I agree.

They have much better depth and quality in midfield. We have no midfielder who puts a tackle in, it's utterly crazy.
Precisely. If we had the supporting cast, I’d wager we’d be much further up there in goals scored. Of course, we are Everton and we tend to make good players awful.

Benrahma, Pereira and Eze all worth considering from the Championship... although Benrahma has been strongly linked to Chelsea recently
You should put in an application for a scouting job mate.
Are they good enough for starting 11 or young squad players?

Both of our "main" CMs both suffered very serious injuries in the same season and the player we bought as back up cant stay fit, which we knew.

That left us with French International we paid 24m for and an academy player with over 100 games.

Im confused with how much depth 1 team can have.

To some extent it's been a perfect storm. Sell our best CM and replace him with an experienced CM who's been injured and poor, and a powerhouse who needs time to adapt who's had two horrendous and nto played a full game.

Meanwhile the best remainign midfielder also gets a serious leg break.

That alone does you in. Brands can be blamed for lots of things but a lot of that is bad luck. If Liverpool lose Salah and Mane they have a big drop off.

You then have the story of Davies just not improving & Sigurdssons legs going. A perfect storm. You can't really plan for that tooe asily, as you say.

If it's me I clear them all our bar Gomes, but it's not easy. If Delph has to stay for another season, particularly to allow Davies to maybe go on loan so be it. It's pragmatic, a bit like Sidibe, but if Kenny coms in and makes the RB birth his own it's paid off I suppose.

I'd buy 2 CM's though, before I looked at any other area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back