Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need somebody with a lot of pace at right back. Full backs have to be your best athletes these days. I think its a very important position this summer.
I agree , full backs have become way more important in the attacking half since the days of Hibbert . Imagine him in our squad today *shudders* .

CM, RW, RB, CB, GK, and another CM if we manage to shift one of our crap ones for me please.

Realistically I think it’ll just be CM and RW with maybe Sidibe on loan again.

We need somebody with a lot of pace at right back. Full backs have to be your best athletes these days. I think its a very important position this summer.
You don't need to be a pace monster to be a good RB, You need to be quick though. I don't think we'll have a huge budget if our main targets are CM/RW/CB so that's why I said JJK will do a okay job.

CM, RW, RB, CB, GK, and another CM if we manage to shift one of our crap ones for me please.

Realistically I think it’ll just be CM and RW with maybe Sidibe on loan again.
AS Monaco are getting a new manager so he might fancy his chances by going back home

Which just shows how inept our club are
It's not being inept though. You need to balance your books. You can't just keep buying players like Kean and Bolasie having them as squad players then buying more.
You will be bankrupt like Leeds who have been outside the top flight for 16 years .
Some of the expensive players like Walcott and Iceland should step up to the plate but there is no winning mentality in the squad

Gbamin will need another year to adjust. Delphs legs have gone and he just points and shouts.
Gomes just does pretty little passes. Would anyone buy Gomes?

Both of our "main" CMs both suffered very serious injuries in the same season and the player we bought as back up cant stay fit, which we knew.

That left us with French International we paid 24m for and an academy player with over 100 games.

Im confused with how much depth 1 team can have.
French? Gomes? I am talking about a DM because the two players you mention don't put their foot in. Regardless of injuries you need more than two midfielders that do that. As for Delph it was obvious to predict he would be injury prone. What I am saying is this is a squad that is paper thin in certain areas and we are lucky DCL has developed and Holgate too or we could have been in deeper problems. It's been a badly constructed squad if we can't cope, Leicester have youngsters who will fill in if Ndidi or other options are injured.

French? Gomes? I am talking about a DM because the two players you mention don't put their foot in. You need more than two midfielders that do that
The fella we just sold to Nice.

Our 4th and 5th choice CM pairing.

My point is, we didn't plan our season around Morgan Snides and Tom Davies playing CM with Iceland jogging around now and again.

The fella we just sold to Nice.

Our 4th and 5th choice CM pairing.

My point is, we didn't plan our season around Morgan Snides and Tom Davies playing CM with Iceland jogging around now and again.
No we didn't but you need to have depth I forgot about Morgan but I am talking now. We don't have it now. And it needs to be more than two players deep. You need two DMs and a youngster we never forward plan we lump all our hopes on one player, Gbamin in this case. Previously Gana and if he was out Morgan would play and he is a totally different type of player who we should have moved on at least two seasons ago. Then you look at CB we left ourselves with two first choice and Holgate as cover and we're very lucky Holgate has developed. Then you look up front and we had DCL and Kean as out and out strikers and had to move Richy there and rely on DCL developing two massive risks also the depth in both positions not there, gambling on a 19 year old kid from Italy to be back up. When you think of our squad it's so badly constructed.

No we didn't but you need to have depth I forgot about Morgan but I am talking now. We don't have it now. And it needs to be more than two players deep. You need two DMs and a youngster we never forward plan we lump all our hopes on one player, Gbamin in this case.
We started the season with 3 DMs.

Gmblammo, Snides and Delph, 4 if you wanna include Bangime, plus in Silvas 4231, Gomes was a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back