Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started the season with 3 DMs.

Gmblammo, Snides and Delph, 4 if you wanna include Bangime, plus in Silvas 4231, Gomes was a DM.
Gomes isn't a DM. Morgan now gone.Beni clearly isn't up to the grade. Delph, never fit. Gbamin two massive injuries. The issue is the three playing now don't fit and can't break up play and can't get around the pitch. Regardless of injuries, it's poor recruitment and planning. We need two minimum this summer and I don't care who we have to move on.

Gomes isn't a DM. Morgan now gone.Beni clearly isn't up to the grade. Delph, never fit. Gbamin two massive injuries. The issue is the three playing now don't fit and can't break up play and can't get around the pitch. Regardless of injuries, it's poor recruitment and planning. We need two minimum this summer and I don't care who we have to move on.

I will get Brands to give you his address book, see how many you can sell.

Getting 2m for snides must surely deserve a statue.

And I agree.

We lack midfield options badly.

The 1s we have are a mixture of injured or simply not good enough.

We currently have 9 players who are classed as midfielders tho, if we want more we need to get rid of them.
Of course but not all midfielders can perform every role can they the balance is wrong and was wrong from the start of the season. Regardless of the amount of players the mix isn't right that's my point. And we constantly leave ourselves thin in areas. This year it was CB, previous years it's been up front. The way the squad is constructed means you should have multiple options in midfield of different types. Look at teams who are doing well every one with a better midfield make up and balance compared to us and that's even if everyone was fit.

Of course but not all midfielders can perform every role can they the balance is wrong and was wrong from the start of the season. Regardless of the amount of players the mix isn't right that's my point. And we constantly leave ourselves thin in areas. This year it was CB, previous years it's been up front. The way the squad is constructed means you should have multiple options in midfield.

Yeah I'm not sure this is right.

I do a squad review every season and I recall thinking we had decent depth everywhere apart from at CB, I really thought the lack of CB would hurt us, I didn't even consider the midfield at that point.

The fact is that Gmblammo and Gomes missed most of the season and Delph glued his leg on the wrong way, so then we had to dig deep into the squad and the quality was lacking. We then got a new manager in who changed the system and made the majority of the players in the squad not fit for the roles required.

I mean 442 pretty much means we don't need a number 10 and made our record signing useless.

Im not taking talent here, I mean you are talking depth.

Of course our 4th choice CM lacks the quality we need and yes Gomes looks BAD and he was considered our best option.

My point is that not many teams have an amazing 4th and 5th choice CM pairing and its unreasonable to prepare for losing 3 midfielders for practically a whole season.

I mean everybody is saying we need 2 CMs, why not 6 just in case the other 2 get injured?

Of course but not all midfielders can perform every role can they the balance is wrong and was wrong from the start of the season. Regardless of the amount of players the mix isn't right that's my point. And we constantly leave ourselves thin in areas. This year it was CB, previous years it's been up front. The way the squad is constructed means you should have multiple options in midfield of different types. Look at teams who are doing well every one with a better midfield make up and balance compared to us and that's even if everyone was fit.

Liverpool have the worst midfield in the league.

Of course but not all midfielders can perform every role can they the balance is wrong and was wrong from the start of the season. Regardless of the amount of players the mix isn't right that's my point. And we constantly leave ourselves thin in areas. This year it was CB, previous years it's been up front. The way the squad is constructed means you should have youmultiple options in midfield of different types. Look at teams who are doing well every one with a better midfield make up and balance compared to us and that's even if everyone was fit.
The problem we've got is they won't put a shift in ,the minimum requirement it's a mindset that's swept through our club its happened under a few managers now ,maybe other clubs might have better players in certain positions. If you out work them you can get results this is not the case with this squads attitude hopefully it can be changed.

I agree
No we didn't but you need to have depth I forgot about Morgan but I am talking now. We don't have it now. And it needs to be more than two players deep. You need two DMs and a youngster we never forward plan we lump all our hopes on one player, Gbamin in this case. Previously Gana and if he was out Morgan would play and he is a totally different type of player who we should have moved on at least two seasons ago. Then you look at CB we left ourselves with two first choice and Holgate as cover and we're very lucky Holgate has developed. Then you look up front and we had DCL and Kean as out and out strikers and had to move Richy there and rely on DCL developing two massive risks also the depth in both positions not there, gambling on a 19 year old kid from Italy to be back up. When you think of our squad it's so badly constructed.
I agree with this entirely.
its insane that there isn’t an upcoming left back under Digne and Bains because we have known that Bains would be ready to leave at some point.
CB is moving in the right direction with two undre studies.
The whole Midfield is a disaster area and we have limited backup in attack. (even including Tocsun and Bolasie)
Weve spent absolute foutunes and have holes everywhere.

its insane that there isn’t an upcoming left back under Digne and Bains because we have known that Bains would be ready to leave at some point.

No forward planning.

if Gbamin gets fit, and Gomes and Delph come back to an ok level we’d only need a first choice midfielder and maybe a loan player.

No.... delph is bang average and has had a problem staying for his whole career so I see no reason why he’s suddenly going to become good or reliable enough. Gomes .... as handsome as he his has never been consistent for us, is slow, can’t or doesn’t tackle, doesn’t shoot ( never mind score) , doesn’t assist or create , gbamin? We aren’t even sure if he was ever good enough in the first place , new league , horrific injury , then another pinning hopes on him being A) fit enough and B) good enough is risky and quite frankly very a very stupid plan. We risk wasting another season, rebuild again 21-22 season but we have richy starting to look elsewhere , Carlo already a year and a half into his 4.5 year deal and possible Holgate wanting out as they can’t be bothered wasting their career at a club that has no midfielders and is finishing 12th every year. I would go as far as saying none of our midfielders are good enough. Our midfield lack goals, creativity , strength, the ability to keep the ball, the ability to play fast paced football , the ability to turn over possession , the ability to press effectively, pace ( Walcott asside ) and the lack of movement is as bad as anything I can remember if I’m honest. The amount of times I am watching our back 4 pass the ball between them, under pressure and being pressed and struggling to find a mid to pass it to, looking outnumbered is shocking. Then when they do punt it long and DCL actually manages to control it , I’m thinking “ ahh this is it “ but then realise he has no options either and again is outnumbered. We look like we have 2 players less as our midfield is terrible. We need 2 decent CM and I mean decent . Someone that will walk straight into the first team and not have to worry about players like davies as “competition “ as the gulf in quality is so vast.

We need

CM
CM
RM
CB
RB
LM

In that order. That isn’t even taking the gurning T-Rex into account. I know we won’t do a massive overhaul like that in one window but that is what we should do. Shifting players is going to be our main problem again unfortunately, but massive overhaul is exactly what brands should be pushing for. People say it needs to done slowly to not disrupt the tame and let them gel etc. if we did sign 6-7 players , and they did take time to gel ... that’s still better than what we have, we have a totally gutless, skinless team and even one of the greatest managers of the past 20 years can get the midfield doing anything of note.

No forward planning.

has the jury decided if Branthwaite is a Brands signing yet or is he an Unsworth one until his first bad performance?

Not signed by Brands: Richarlison Digne

Signed by Brands: Iwobi Delph Kean Siggurdson Niasse (deffo not Martinez), Kroldrup, Nyarko.

has the jury decided if Branthwaite is a Brands signing yet or is he an Unsworth one until his first bad performance?

Not signed by Brands: Richarlison Digne

Signed by Brands: Iwobi Delph Kean Siggurdson Niasse (deffo not Martinez), Kroldrup, Nyarko.

I heard Carlo spotted young Jarrad playing for Carlisle under 12s when he was over for a CL game with Real.

I agree

I agree with this entirely.
CB is moving in the right direction with two undre studies.
The whole Midfield is a disaster area and we have limited backup in attack. (even including Tocsun and Bolasie)
Weve spent absolute foutunes and have holes everywhere.
We signed a young upcoming left back 2 weeks ago

We signed a young upcoming left back 2 weeks ago
But he meant this season and he is right we don't develop depth beyond one or two players look at the kid Branthwaite playing now. I still stand by my point relying heavily on one DM to be first choice all season was asking for trouble. Delph was only intended to be a back up and had a suspect injury record, Morgan was very limited too and we all knew he wasn't going to take us forward after about six months. We just don't address problems we rely on ONE player who can properly do the DM job and get around the pitch and out a foot in and have inadequate back up.We have three cbs, one in Holgate who is still developing, look at AM too, Gomes is the only one with any creativity centrally. We have wingers who don't produce, we have two young strikers and an even younger striker on the bench who has proven zero on this league. It's a badly assembled squad of players that don't fit together and yes that's with everyone fit. Wolves and Leicester far better depth in midfield look at their squads. Brands needs to step up this summer. We sit at eleventh for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back