Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can't look at buying two without shifting at least one of the current crop. I would think Gomes is going nowhere, Even if we wanted to sell Gbmamin I doubt we could, Davies will stay as a squad option who contributes a homegrown spot to the squad as of next season. Sigurdsson I would hope would be on his way, Delph fits the same profile as Davies but I'd sell if I could as he's probably on twice what Tom is.
I think that 's probably a good analysis of our central midfield.

Personally I'd sell Gomes but I think that that is highly unlikely.

I'd definately want to move Sigurdsson and Delph on ( easier said than done on their wages ) and if that can be done would expect us to bring in 2 central midfielders especially as we also got rid of Schneiderlin.

The wide areas are a problem.I'd be more than happy to let Walcott , Iwobi and Bernard go and start again but it doesn't work like that.

I think that 's probably a good analysis of our central midfield.

Personally I'd sell Gomes but I think that that is highly unlikely.

I'd definately want to move Sigurdsson and Delph on ( easier said than done on their wages ) and if that can be done would expect us to bring in 2 central midfielders especially as we also got rid of Schneiderlin.

The wide areas are a problem.I'd be more than happy to let Walcott , Iwobi and Bernard go and start again but it doesn't work like that.

WE're not going to fix this whole thing in one summer. I think any reasonable observer can see that.

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers
We'll have 3 on the books in PIckford, Lossl and Virgina. Virgina was useless at Reading, so I don't think he's going to play any role. Lossl is a fan favourite at Huddersfield, so I'm not sure he's any good and Pickford has been woefully out of form for 2 years now. I still don't think we'll actively try to cash in on Pickford. He's a current English international who (if he ever plays well again) can shore up a place in a team and take a registration place for 10 years. Next season is make or break for him.

Fullbacks

Ideally I'd want two for each position, a clear first choice and an understudy. We'll have that on the left whether Baines stays or not. On the right, I'm no way paying 16m for Sidibe in this climate and Coleman is clearly on the wane. A lot depends on whether Kenny is deemed up to snuff. I would be comfortable if not ecstatic at going in to next season with Coleman and Kenny, if only because it keeps funds available for other areas.

Centre backs

Thank god for Jarrod Branthwaite. I still think we need to add quality to that back four, but I'd always want to have 4 defenders in the squad. Holgate is a given (and who thought we'd be saying that a year ago?), Branthwaite would be my 4th choice to get some game time and learn. The other two... Are both limited. I'm not going to get on Yerry Mina because he looks funny when he runs because who cares? He is however, injury prone. But on his day, he's a very good defender and probably, after Holgate, the best of our defenders with the ball. Keane has looked great after lockdown, very solid sitting deeper but he has confidence issues and is not a ball playing defender. I would move one on depending where the interest was but I'd lean towards Mina because we need 8 English players on the books.

Centre Mid

Pick the bones out of this... Without dissecting everybody's failings all over again we need to bring in one and, if we can shift another, maybe two. For the record

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Davies- Stay for cover and registration
Delph- Sell if you can
Sigurdsson- Load in a cannon and fire into the sun.

If Adenerin and Baningime haven't made even a minute on the field in the current situation then Carlo either doesn't rate them or wants the other three to take some responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

Wingers

In my view, we don't have a single consistent Premier league quality winger. Walcott is Walcott and sooner or later physical decline will set in. Bernard, we can see his limitations. Iwobi isn't a winger and I'm not pinning all my hopes on Anthony Gordon aged 19 although I do think he'll be first choice on the left next season. If Iwobi can play back up there (a very well paid back up who I;m keeping around for homegrown places and because I don't think anyone will be in for him) then the left can stay like that. I definitely want to see a first choice addition on the right.

Forwards

Carlo clearly rates DCL and Richarlison, they stay (unless we can get absolutely mad money for Richarlison, like wipe out last years accounting loss mad). Kean he has already said will be here next year, send Tosun to whoever will have him, happy days.

DG's ins: one CB, one or 2 CMs, one RW everything else is gravy.

Last edited:
WE're not going to fix this whole thing in one summer. I think any reasonable observer can see that.

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers
We'll have 3 on the books in PIckford, Lossl and Virgina. Virgina was useless at Reading, so I don't think he's going to play any role. Lossl is a fan favourite at Huddersfield, so I'm not sure he's any good and Pickford has been woefully out of form for 2 years now. I still don't think we'll actively try to cash in on Pickford. He's a current English international who (if he ever plays well again) can shore up a place in a team and take a registration place for 10 years. Next season is make or break for him.

Fullbacks

Ideally I'd want two for each position, a clear first choice and an understudy. We'll have that on the left whether Baines stays or not. On the right, I'm no way paying 16m for Sidibe in this climate and Coleman is clearly on the wane. A lot depends on whether Kenny is deemed up to snuff. I would be comfortable if not ecstatic at going in to next season with Coleman and Kenny, if only because it keeps funds available for other areas.

Centre backs

Thank god for Jarrod Branthwaite. I still think we need to add quality to that back four, but I'd always want to have 4 defenders in the squad. Holgate is a given (and who thought we'd be saying that a year ago?), Branthwaite would be my 4th choice to get some game time and learn. The other two... Are both limited. I'm not going to get on Yerry Mina because he looks funny when he runs because who cares? He is however, injury prone. But on his day, he's a very good defender and probably, after Holgate, the best of our defenders with the ball. Keane has looked great after lockdown, very solid sitting deeper but he has confidence issues and is not a ball playing defender. I would move one on depending where the interest was but I'd lean towards Mina because we need 8 English players on the books.

Centre Mid

Pick the bones out of this... Without dissecting everybody's failings all over again we need to bring in one and, if we can shift another, maybe another. For the record

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Delph- Sell if you can

If Adenerin and Baningime haven't made even a minute on the field in the current situation then Carlo either doesn't rate them or wants the other three to take some responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

Wingers

In my view, we don't have a single consistent Premier league quality winger. Walcott is Walcott and sooner or later physical decline will set in. Bernard, we can see his limitations. Iwobi isn't a winger and I'm not pinning all my hopes on Anthony Gordon aged 19 although I do think he'll be first choice on the left next season. If Iwobi can play back up there (a very well paid back up who I;m keeping around for homegrown places and because I don't think anyone will be in for him) then the left can stay like that. I definitely want to see a first choice addition on the right.

Forwards

Carlo clearly rates DCL and Richarlison, they stay (unless we can get absolutely mad money for Richarlison, like wipe out last years accounting loss mad). Kean he has already said will be here next year, send Tosun to whoever will have him, happy days.

Blimey. I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. That’s a lot of sense for 8:15 on a Sunday morning. Well played.

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers

Fullbacks

Centre backs

Centre Mid

Pick the bones out of this... Without dissecting everybody's failings all over again we need to bring in one and, if we can shift another, maybe two. For the record

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Delph- Sell if you can

Wingers

Forwards

Decent analysis and pretty much what everyone’s thinking, especially Mina having a funny run! Would still bin off all the goalies though and start again

I personally think we need to go back to basics with any players we bring in. Yes we need a number of midfielders, yes a decent right winger and yes a decent centre back and keeper but the one thing that strikes me about most of our team and it is really basic is our inability to control a ball first touch, really simplistic yes but if you watch why our attacks break down its because we perpetually cannot control a ball, its invariably not because a through ball hasn't quite made it or great play by an opponent we just lost it through our lack of a basic skill. I lost count of the number of times the ball bounced off one of our players while watching the villa game. I know there's more to the game than just controlling the ball but if you can't do that basic skill then the rest of our game is useless.

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers

Fullbacks

Centre backs

Centre Mid

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Delph- Sell if you can

Wingers

Forwards

Poor old Gylfi.:celebrate:

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers

Fullbacks

Centre backs

Centre Mid

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Delph- Sell if you can

Wingers

Forwards

Sigurdsson is homegrown. Sell Davies and Delph if we sign two cm.

My tuppence worth

Goalkeepers

Fullbacks

Centre backs

Centre Mid

Gomes-Stay
Gbamin- Stay
Delph- Sell if you can

Wingers

Forwards

Good post mate. Realistic as well and well thought out. Not selling 15 players and buying 12 like some!

There are some great players in the Championship.

Said Benrahma
Eberechi Eze
Ollie Watkins

All three could easily play in the Premier League next season.
Agreed I think it's becoming quite a good proving ground for young players these days. I wouldn't be against dipping into the Championship for players now and again.

Priority for me would be 2 cms, a new right winger, a cb and a keeper, would improve us ten fold but you could make a case for a new one of everything such is how crap our squad is. Praying to the baby Jesus that this is the summer that siggyfraud is binned off aswell
I'd agree with that but would go for just getting a whole new midfield 4 and a keeper and go with what we've got at CB for another season.

The whole squad is crap outside of 4-5 players.

Hopefully though the Echo are making an easy guess as the club have definitely been in talks with Napoli over Allan so hopefully the aim is 5 (2x CM, RW, RB, CB) doesn't solve all our problems but would be a big improvement on this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back