Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just watching Sunday supplement on sky one of the "know it all journalists" have just said that FFP had been suspended which allows teams like man city etc to go and spend as much as they want. If this is right then i assume this applies to us and FFP should be able to be ignored. Is that anyone elses understanding?

Just watching Sunday supplement on sky one of the "know it all journalists" have just said that FFP had been suspended which allows teams like man city etc to go and spend as much as they want. If this is right then i assume this applies to us and FFP should be able to be ignored. Is that anyone elses understanding?

It’s only being “suspended” for a year so whilst we could go nuts this summer we’d have to balance it out next summer to make the books look normal.

It’s only being “suspended” for a year so whilst we could go nuts this summer we’d have to balance it out next summer to make the books look normal.
My main question is if you suspend it but then still have to balance the books the year after then it surely hasnt been suspended as its based on a three year rolling basis.

My main question is if you suspend it but then still have to balance the books the year after then it surely hasnt been suspended as its based on a three year rolling basis.
Exactly It’s suspending not deferring. Surely the idea is to bring new funding sources into football.

Which is why it makes sense to spend big this summer - come next summer before UEFA start checking the books we start paying the BMD naming rights in advance or some new sponsership + selling a few players to balance the books.

Even if worse case scenario we still break it but only slightly - there is no way UEFA would jump right in with bans or embargos after the CAS defeat - it'll be a fine and warning not to do it again and thats it.

Yeh suspended isn’t the right word - they’re just not checking FFP till next year so clubs are a bit more relaxed this summer with COVID.
Yeah just had a quick read and its seems very loose. It appears that all clubs this year will be able to make up any shortfalls by taking money from owners in any forms such as loans shares etc. Hopefully that means a massive injection of cash to support Carlo. More likely to mean massive injection of cash followed by UEFA fining us and banning us for umpteen years.

Who says we will play 442 next season anyway? Sigurdsson clearly has been poor but might be worth a squad place in case we change formation to better suit his ideal position.
shouldnt we be signing players to play a 433 formation which the best teams tend to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back