Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely 1 new centre mid isn't enough? We need a ball-winning box to box destroyer like Allan or someone younger and we need a midfielder who will chip in with 10-15 goals like a Van de Beek type or the player we thought Klaassen would be. Hojbjerg doesn't fit in either of those categories for me, although if it's a way to get Sigurdsson or Delph out the door then I'm all for it.

I'd also love us to go for Maitland-Niles. Apparently up for sale at Arsenal. Would make a superb wing-back on either side or could solve our right back issue. Can also play as a box to box midfielder. I know we say we should stop signing other sides unwanted players but unlike Iwobi this lad has talent and plays in positions we need solving.

A midfielder who is getting 10-15 goals from CM isn't playing for Everton mate.

Any relaxation of FFP regs will only allow clubs/owners to make up any shortfall in revenue due to loss of match day earnings and reduced TV payments.
All of which is fairly transparent and easy to scrutinise in the following years books.

Sirigu would not be coming to sit on the bench. If there’s a potential buyer for Pickford I’d imagine that we could probably balance the books a bit by flogging him and bringing in a better keeper for cheaper.

My only hope is Lampard is hoodwinked into buying him for £40-£50 million and we bring in as you say a cheaper keeper giving us big FFP leg room to then rebuild the starting 11.

But tbh at 33 Sirigu isnt coming in to be our first choice GK imo - more Stek / Lossl's replacement to push Pickford.

Last edited:
I just dont get how the club can be happy with just 1 CM and putting their trust in Gbamin staying fit.

He's a complete risk at present - even 1 perm CM & 1 CM in on loan to see how Gbamin gets on fitness wise would make more sense.

Gomes & Gbamin for me should be our rotation/back up options with 2x natural 442 playing CM's coming in with Delph/Sig booted and Davies as 5th choice for the homegrown quota never to see much football.

Sirigu would not be coming to sit on the bench. If there’s a potential buyer for Pickford I’d imagine that we could probably balance the books a bit by flogging him and bringing in a better keeper for cheaper.
Dream scenario is fleecing Chelsea for 50m, spending 30m of it on Arsenal's backup keeper Martinez and adding the rest to the midfield budget.

Sirigu is 33 and not a long term solution for a 5 year plan.
Much more likely to be brought in to put pressure on Pickford.
If we were dead set on selling Pickford then it’s Pope ,(who is out performing him at the moment), we should be going all out for.
Personally I’m happy for the manager to work with Pickford and iron out his inconsistencies. Southall rates him and that’s more than enough for me.

I think you can't look at buying two without shifting at least one of the current crop. I would think Gomes is going nowhere, Even if we wanted to sell Gbmamin I doubt we could, Davies will stay as a squad option who contributes a homegrown spot to the squad as of next season. Sigurdsson I would hope would be on his way, Delph fits the same profile as Davies but I'd sell if I could as he's probably on twice what Tom is.

think we'd have to sell two myself, unless we sell iwobi and walcott/bernard (as well as bolasie of course) and use siggy as a wide attacker instead. Getting rid of schneiderlin was so important though, if we didn't get rid of him this summer our hands would have been so tied. I hope brands is right on the blower to leeds now asking if they want delph for a bit of experience on their prem return. Think that transfer would be perfect for all 3 parties, ala jagielka to sheff utd. If we buy a real powerhouse box-to-box midfielder like allan, i think we'd be alright with buying just 1, but i do still feel we need to buy a proper DM for the squad, hence why we'd have to get rid of two.

Would love Sirigu. Couldn't see him coming unless Pickford left though.

Sirigu is about 33 mate - he's not going anywhere decent to be 1st choice imo.

I would be happy with him or someone like Romero if Henderson goes back to Utd as decent back up to push Pickford with Stek & Lossl out the door who are both jarg.

Only player I could see replace Pickford would be THE DON from Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back