Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole squad is crap outside of 4-5 players.

Hopefully though the Echo are making an easy guess as the club have definitely been in talks with Napoli over Allan so hopefully the aim is 5 (2x CM, RW, RB, CB) doesn't solve all our problems but would be a big improvement on this season.

Here's a question for you, is this squad worse than the one Moyes took over in 2002? I'm genuinely unsure. We had a few gems but absolute mountains of dross and old players.

Here's a question for you, is this squad worse than the one Moyes took over in 2002? I'm genuinely unsure. We had a few gems but absolute mountains of dross and old players.

This squad is better but the competition is alot stronger.

Back in the days of Moyes it was only really Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea & RS who were teams that you knew were much better.

With this squad you can now throw in those 4 + Man City, Spurs, Wolves & Leicester.

Add in Sheff Utd, Burnley & Southampton who are also "around us" as they may have lesser players but they put in more effort than us to make up for their lack of quality.

I honestly think if we get this window wrong we'll jump 1-2 spots up the table at most next season.

If I was the board I would go big this one & blag some sponser /sell as much deadwood to see us just evade / only slightly break FFP in next seasons accounts and take a fine at worst - we just are nowhere near top 6 at present- both in terms of quality and a lack of leadership in the side.

Back in the days of Moyes it was only really Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea & RS who were teams that you knew were much better.

With this squad you can now throw in those 4 + Man City, Spurs, Wolves & Leicester.

Add in Sheff Utd, Burnley & Southampton who are also "around us" as they may have lesser players but they put in more effort than us to make up for their lack of quality.

I honestly think if we get this window wrong we'll jump 1-2 spots up the table at most next season.

If I was the board I would go big this one & blag some sponser /sell as much deadwood to see us just evade / only slightly break FFP in next seasons accounts and take a fine at worst - we just are nowhere near top 6 at present- both in terms of quality and a lack of leadership in the side.
If we broke ffp by a quid they would relegate us

I'd say worse, as we are genuinely trapped with some due to sky high wages, feels like there's no way out for us for a while, which is a shame as don't want to see Carlo's years wasted

Add in Sheff Utd, Burnley & Southampton who are also "around us" in terms of effort and fight their sides put in to make up for their lack of quality.

If I was the board I would go big this one & blag some sponser to sell us just evade / only slightly break FFP in next seasons accounts and take a fine - we just are nowhere near top 6 at present- both in terms of quality and a lack of leadership in the side.
If we broke ffp by a quid they would relegate us

Ha - the CAS / City case has set a precedent - UEFA aint handing out bans or embargos for a few million over the limit after being humiliated in court by City.

I’ve just looked back at that team and there are a few shockers in there. Gasgoine, Ginola and Blomqvist were finished however we did have Gravesson.
A forward line of Campbell, Ferguson, Radzinski and Young Rooney looks good.
on balance, there was probably slightly more to keep in the 2002 squad than our current team. Then as now though, the midfield was hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back