Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left Centre Back, Defensive Midfielder, Right Winger, Centre Midfielder, Right Back. That would be my order of priority. Then if we can get rid of some of the garbage back ups at Left Backand Right Wing. Goalkeeper and Striker can wait. Maybe Pickford will wake up and Simms might be good enough to be 4th choice by end of season.

I'd be putting a reliable keeper near the top of that list. The clown we've got in there now does nothing for those playing in front of him.

Sick to death of us buying over the hill past it garbage for big monely and hailing them as class players.

We have morons running our club who just go around like a council estate lottery winner buying everything in sight with no real thought and end up back where we started having blown our load on crap.

Decades of mediocrity at the club and it is rotten to the core. Our board wouldnt know talent if it slapped them in the face.

It will be rinse and repeat again and again. We have absolutely no football idenity and we are utterly pointless as a football team with 25 years of excuses and mediocrity as we go around and around in the same cycle.

If we get a Defensive Midfielder to partner Gomes and we play 4-4-2 I would be happy. If we can upgrade on Gomes that would be my 4th choice. At the minute someone to partner Holgate would be my absolute priority and Walcott is currently our only real option Right Wing and I suspect he is in terminal decline.

Yeah he is absolutely in decline. Cheers Fat Sam.

I personally think CB is probably where we have most options without signing anyone yet. Holgate, Mina and Keane with Gibson and Branthwaite as cover......not exactly Nesta, Baresi and Maldini but then again not many are these days.

Don't get this "we've lacked a utility man for ages" talk that more and more people seem to be saying.

Siggy can play as a regular midfielder, as a 10, a deep sitter, and is also capable of filling in on either the left or right wing when needed.

Then why doesn't he ever play any of these roles?

Is Arias good enough? That far down the pecking order and behind Trippier who wasn’t cutting it at Spurs
In fairness, by all accounts Trippier has had a very good season at Madrid. Plus sometimes it can be a case of horses for corses. Arias used to be quite an attacking fullback, and Ateltico don’t exactly play the most expansive football

edit: also worth considering Digne was third choice at Barca when we signed him, and would likely walk into their team now

In fairness, by all accounts Trippier has had a very good season at Madrid. Plus sometimes it can be a case of horses for corses. Arias used to be quite an attacking fullback, and Ateltico don’t exactly play the most expansive football

edit: also worth considering Digne was third choice at Barca when we signed him, and would likely walk into their team now
Good points, surely if this deal is a goer there must be a deal close for Kenny to leave the club. Not seen much of Arias, if any, but surely he’s got to be better than Coleman/Kenny...

Yeah he is absolutely in decline. Cheers Fat Sam.

I personally think CB is probably where we have most options without signing anyone yet. Holgate, Mina and Keane with Gibson and Branthwaite as cover......not exactly Nesta, Baresi and Maldini but then again not many are these days.

I think we need an experienced left footed CB. I would sell Keane. Mina and Gibson 3rd and 4th choice. Branthwaite needs games in u23 but train with seniors. If Keane isn't sold I would loan Gibson out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back