Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Brentford players to play instead of Dcl and Gomes...
As well as, not instead of. There's a difference. And Gomes/Benrahma play different positions. So actually I've put Allan or Doucoure instead of Gomes.
And a football team can only have 11 players at a time in it so somebody gotta go sit on the bench til they prove they are better than the other guys.
I was using the Brentford guys to showcase a reason to sign them both and I still think we should, they look terrific to me.

Nah I disagree with that tbh. Value matters and value includes age because age determines how much longevity the player has and also if there is any chance of getting money back at some point. I don't get to hung up on resale value because it matters less when the player is good for 8+ years but it is nice to have when the player isn't that good.
I look at it from a perspective of them improving us so we move up the table, possibly win a pot, all these things can bring extra finance, in which case,buying the 30 year old of sufficient quality then was a good investment. It's not about resale value it's about improving the team. Plus young lads need experience around them but again it comes down to the quality of the player in the end, for me anyway.

I look at it from a perspective of them improving us so we move up the table, possibly win a pot, all these things can bring extra finance, in which case,buying the 30 year old of sufficient quality then was a good investment. It's not about resale value it's about improving the team. Plus young lads need experience around them but again it comes down to the quality of the player in the end, for me anyway.

The concern is that he doesnt adapt or throws the towel in after 6months.

Then you are left with an "oldish" player on big wages who you paid "decent" money for.

I mean when Lookman and Vlasic showed how pony they were we managed to make a profit on them due to their age and their smallish wages allowed us to move them on.

Thats his point.

But im with you, if players CAN improve the team their age doesnt matter, for me you are more likely to get an improvement from a 29 year old rather than 19 year old, but there are exceptions.

Apparently Ollie Watkins has a release fee of £18m, but I think he would be 4th choice here, unless we move Richarlison out wide. Could be a bargain if he gets 10 or more goals though

Wouldn't that be the plan?
Sell richarlison next summer and you already have his replacement who's had a year to bed into the team.

Then use the richarlison money to buy other players to develop and make the whole team better. As opposed to what ever we're up to at the moment.

The concern is that he doesnt adapt or throws the towel in after 6months.

Then you are left with an "oldish" player on big wages who you paid "decent" money for.

I mean when Lookman and Vlasic showed how pony they were we managed to make a profit on them due to their age and their smallish wages allowed us to move them on.

Thats his point.

But im with you, if players CAN improve the team their age doesnt matter, for me you are more likely to get an improvement from a 29 year old rather than 19 year old, but there are exceptions.
In them circumstance I can see that side of it definitely. Pros and cons to both sides I guess depending on how we perform after purchase.

I want to move up the table too but I don't want to go from 12th to 9th to 7th and then plateauing. I think it'll take us a few years to get the squad in range to compete and that is when you look to by someone like Allan. We need to improve the team a larger amount than might be possible in one window.

I mean even adding the four players we are rumored in for now leaves us with like the 5th best squad at best so we need some luck to push CL. And that's at best.

I want to move up the table too but I don't want to go from 12th to 9th to 7th and then plateauing. I think it'll take us a few years to get the squad in range to compete and that is when you look to by someone like Allan. We need to improve the team a larger amount than might be possible in one window.

I mean even adding the four players we are rumored in for now leaves us with like the 5th best squad at best so we need some luck to push CL. And that's at best.

And signing 4 yoot players from France leaves us with the 18th best squad in the league for the next 3 years.

Oh certainly it won't change overnight. I think your formula would've been more strictly adhered too had our midfield not been so bad last season but I think,and rightly so, the manager wants some players who he knows will perform and hopefully straight away. If we can stabilise and get around 6th this season, shift some deadwood then I think they'll go back to your model.

You say that but whenever we do what we're about to do we end up with a crap team too. Allan is essentially the Schneiderlin deal but from a different country instead.
I think the only person who considered Schneiderlin 1 of the best players in this league was me in his last year at Saints.

Allan is widely regarded as the best in Italy.

I havent seen the lad, but to compare him to Schneiderlin is quite the sillyness my friend.

Oh certainly it won't change overnight. I think your formula would've been more strictly adhered too had our midfield not been so bad last season but I think,and rightly so, the manager wants some players who he knows will perform and hopefully straight away. If we can stabilise and get around 6th this season, shift some deadwood then I think they'll go back to your model.
I'm not enough of an expert to name names but I really believe we can improve the midfield without signing players who have one contract of quality left at best.

I think Allan will be good for the record, I'm just concerned about the money side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back