Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling our reliance on wingers will be a little diminished this year, think we will see something along the lines of what Carlo played at Milan with Kaka, 4312 type formation.

Its a good job too, cos our wingers are rubbish haha
Is James the 1 behind the 2 up front. If we play that formation then it's vital we get someone like dacource in to do all the running in midfield for James, Gomes. Think Allan has high energy levels too but tbh never ever seen him play. If he is going with Richy. DCL and Kean they need to hit the ground running. Personally I'd like a real speed merchant who can play up front or on a wing and who can score. Not sure if that is DCL or Kean ATM

Last edited:
Evening Standard reports Doucoure deal has faltered (although personal agreement with player)
Watford playing very Hard Ball
Think as i said about the 3 mid players last week,think all 3 will sign, cant see us sorting wages etc and then the deal not happening, wages are only sorted when the deal looks like happening

This, time for @ForeverBlue92 and any other doubters to give Brands some credit. 1 big mistake (Iwobi) doesn’t mean he is a bad DOF. He is a tough negotiator and now with Carlo being able to get him negotiating with a better pool of players, get behind Brands & Don Carlo they are the team to take us to where we want to be.

2 big mistakes: Iwobi + Delph
1 disappointing deal failure: Gabriel
1 contract extension for Keane due to Gabriel not being tied up

All adds up...

Gomes looked a worldie in his loan season so buying him was a no brainer, will come good with Allan/Doucoure. Think Mina was a good buy myself, would easily make our money back on him and is nowhere near the crock people make him out to be. Kean was seen as one of the most highly rated youngsters in the world when we bought him, hopefully kicks on this season. Saw sense in the Bernard signing, inconsistent and would make good profit when sold. Lossl brought in as back up on low wages no problem with that. Iwobi agreed hes been utterly garbage, hopefully can kick on with better players but can't see it myself. Delph again saw the sense been a disaster but the upcoming season will be a good rotation option for me when not playing with Tom Davies or Gylfi every game.

Mate come on..."Gomes looked a worldie".

He looked to be 'potentially' a top player if he was more consistent which we all hoped he would be in his 2nd season.

Sadly all hes been since 2015/2016 season at Valencia is wildly inconsistent.

My guess is that Ancelotti has his eye on him and if he doesnt add consistency he'll be off next summer

Evening Standard reports Doucoure deal has faltered (although personal agreement with player)

Plenty of other players globally we can go for instead

Seems Brands is super keen on him due to his league experience which of course Allan and James dont have.

Looks like Brands wants a stable signing.

We need to play hard ball with them. We should have a cut off date for this deal and a back up plan if it doesn't happen. What am I saying this is Everton:oops: brands should be looking at France for this type of player

Last edited:
Is James the 1 behind the 2 up front. If we play that formation then it's vital we get someone like dacource in to do all the running in midfield for James, Gomes. Think Allan gas high energy levels too but tbh never ever seen him play. If he is going with Richy. DCL and Kean they need to hit the ground running. Personally I'd like a real speed merchant who can play up front or on a wing and who can score. Not sure if that is DCL or Kean ATM

Yeah I mean thats my gut feeling, don't wanna start doing line ups and that but I would expect that Rodriguez coming in means we are giving him that role properly. I know he can play off the right, but giving someone with this much ability the centre of the park is imo where he should be playing.

I do think this is why Doucoure is targeted, Allan is a dog he will chase down anything, Gomes we know is decent going forward but coming back there's not much. Adding someone with the presence of Doucoure to get box to box in a flash (the althetics recents article by O'keefe is a good read for this), is a must in this formation.

I do have worries in this formation for the right back though, with Colemans legs not being what they used to. I wonder if this is why Arias is targeted

Yeah I mean thats my gut feeling, don't wanna start doing line ups and that but I would expect that Rodriguez coming in means we are giving him that role properly. I know he can play off the right, but giving someone with this much ability the centre of the park is imo where he should be playing.

I do think this is why Doucoure is targeted, Allan is a dog he will chase down anything, Gomes we know is decent going forward but coming back there's not much. Adding someone with the presence of Doucoure to get box to box in a flash (the althetics recents article by O'keefe is a good read for this), is a must in this formation.

I do have worries in this formation for the right back though, with Colemans legs not being what they used to. I wonder if this is why Arias is targeted
You know what. It maybe that Everton have a manager with a plan and he has the skill and attributes to implement that plan.;);)

4dk721.webp

2 big mistakes: Iwobi + Delph
1 disappointing deal failure: Gabriel
1 contract extension for Keane due to Gabriel not being tied up

All adds up...

Mate come on..."Gomes looked a worldie".

He looked to be 'potentially' a top player if he was more consistent which we all hoped he would be in his 2nd season.

Sadly all hes been since 2015/2016 season at Valencia is wildly inconsistent.

My guess is that Ancelotti has his eye on him and if he doesnt add consistency he'll be off next summer

Plenty of other players globally we can go for instead

Seems Brands is super keen on him due to his league experience which of course Allan and James dont have.

Looks like Brands wants a stable signing.
Mate we know you hate Gomes because he's now over 25 but that first season he looked like everything we wanted in a midfielder, he lacked goals yes but he dictated play carried the ball and just muscled passed people for fun. He was absolutely brilliant away at Anfield and only a poor header away from winning us the game. I see that's the only part of my post you've chose to pick up on too. Yes he needs consistency but playing next to Gylfi and Davies will kill any midfielder. I back him to improve hugely this season next to actual real life footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back