Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying he isn't a good midfielder(CONSIDERABLY better than every single one of ours), Im just saying that he somehow has the reputation to be a goalscorer yet has very little to show that he actually is.

Juventus really was such an odd move for him honestly.
For a central midfielder he scores plenty, but it doesn't show in his raw goal total because he just doesn't play enough.

It was a good move but he's once again stuck as an off again on again player. I'd have liked to see him go somewhere that he could start regularly.

So is this saying you want a new starting midfielder even though we haven’t really seen Gomes & Gbamin together yet?

I think that even if Gbamin can end up adapting to the League (Which hopefully he will) we're still light there, where as I think JJK, Coleman and Holgate can cover us at RB adequately so I don't really see the need to prioritise that position over the middle of the park, where I believe we have a greater need. Even if Gomes and Gbamin gel, both of them have had bad luck with injuries in the past and we'd be one injury/suspension away from Schneiderlin/Delph/Sigurdsson/Davies being back in there

JJK is badly average.

People said the same about Holgate when he was at West Brom last season, even though he did well on loan

Well a couple of points. Maybe he misses the city? He seemed to be happy here?

We also have a manager who is clearly adept at man management, of some of the top players. If he gets him back to his best, he's a wonderful player.

Even if we accept we don't get a peak Coutinho, if he can get him to 90% of where Coutinho could be, he'd still be our best player since Kanchelskis, and maybe even Lineker.

We need to sign the Coutinho’s of this world when Liverpool bought him. The same time we bought Richarlison and Lukaku. Stars of lower down teams who top clubs aren’t wholly convinced on and talents who can’t get first team football at the very top clubs should be our market. Lukaku, Richarlison, Digne, Gomes all came from that route. Supplement that with trying to find the best young talent in the country (DCL Holgate Stones) and academy players. Where we’ve gone wrong is buying ‘proven’ prem players at eye watering prices (Bolasie, Williams, Siggurdson, Schneiderlin Keane) who dont really care about playing for us.

We need to sign the Coutinho’s of this world when Liverpool bought him. The same time we bought Richarlison and Lukaku. Stars of lower down teams who top clubs aren’t wholly convinced on and talents who can’t get first team football at the very top clubs should be our market. Lukaku, Richarlison, Digne, Gomes all came from that route. Supplement that with trying to find the best young talent in the country (DCL Holgate Stones) and academy players. Where we’ve gone wrong is buying ‘proven’ prem players at eye watering prices (Bolasie, Williams, Siggurdson, Schneiderlin Keane) who dont really care about playing for us.
I agree with your sentiment, although think Keane was young and considered as the best player at Burnley when we bought him. So would fall into first category, even if it hasn’t worked out. Thought Ismael Sarr has looked decent for Watford. Richarlison MkII?

Last edited:
Man we are going to derail the hell out of this thread but I think Distin was the best CB we've had in more than a decade. I put him above Lescott(not the Lecott/Jags partnership as that was absolute boss).

no.... he was nowhere near lescott standard . Hence why we signed him from a club like Portsmouth for only 5m

See mentions of Coutinho - he'd be an incredible signing. Not sure the reasons behind some believing he's not good enough for us, bollocks to that, he goes straight in as our best player. However, the realist in me knows that this is very, very unlikely.

Also if it comes to paying £12m for Sidibe or saving that and keeping Kenny on then the latter is the more sensible option.

I never seen the fuss about countihno... was goodfor them lot as so many turn out to be , but was a flop when they signed him and hasn’t pulled up any trees since leaving. Torres mk2 in that regard . Would cost a bomb , be on massive wages and from what I see scores a couple ofscreamers every season so people think he’s amazing. Siggy scores like that and we all know what people think of him. Can get much better for a fraction of the price imo

I agree with your sentiment, although think Keane was young and considered as the best player at Burnley when we bought him. So would fall into first category, even if it hasn’t worked out. Thought Ismael Starr has looked decent for Watford. Richarlison MkII?

I just want players who will give everything for us like Richarlison does. Hate watching players just strolling around taking defeat after defeat and it not bothering them in the slightest. We came 4th in 2004/5 with a team without much natural talent (Martyn Cahill Gravesen aside) because they all just ran themselves into the ground for us. Too many players see us as either a stepping stone or a last payday, not many want to win here with us.

We’re not signing Coutinho. He is also crap. Scores 7 great goals a season which gets the pundits and MotD jizzing over him ignoring how he contributes nothing else. The ultimate highlights player it’s no surprise Liverpool got 10x better the second they replaced him with an actual midfielder. The greatest deal in football history that.

Reckon palace getting 28m for bolasie was better tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back