Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was so good for them, was never going to be able to replace Iniesta @ Barca which was against him all along.

Who could we get for better, at less cost in your opinion? (BTW, I don't think we'll even remotely come close to signing him)

well knowing Barca ... the team that sign players ... don’t play them then demand a higher fee than they paid with buy backs in them... he’s gonna cost north of 100m. There would be plenty of left mids available for under that. Not saying he’s a better player but I would rather sign McNeal from Burnley for 40m than signing him.

Can you believe, Grealish is being mentioned now.
Be a good move for him,
Utd are only a big club in name, stuck with a load of diva players and need a massive overhaul under an inexperienced manager,
We have a too manager, some too young players, can only get better and can offer him a guaranteed starting place as long as he's fit,
Also currently at a level where if we don't improve he'll be able to get a big move still

Be massively surprised given how our current front 2 are doing

Be massively surprised given how our current front 2 are doing
Our strikers are better than Belotti.

Torino got too greedy with him. If they wanted to sell him they should have done it immediately after he had that monster year as it was never going to be higher value. Now they're trying to sell him for a similar price 3 not as good years later and it isn't happening.

Skip Belotti and Gabriel and get in for Lyanco. Serbian-Brazilian, pacey, good passing/dribbling technique, 1-2 inches shorter than Mina, Brazilian youth team captain, plays in current back 3 at Torino and 4 with Brazil

Skip Belotti and Gabriel and get in for Lyanco. Serbian-Brazilian, pacey, good passing/dribbling technique, 1-2 inches shorter than Mina, Brazilian youth team captain, plays in current back 3 at Torino and 4 with Brazil
I've done some half baked research on this guy because I'd never heard of him and I'm not sure exactly why we would want him over Gabriel. One thing I noticed is Torino have won 8 league games this year and he was only in the team for 1 of those 8. That team can't defend and he isn't even an automatic starter for them. When he has it looks like they've done worse.

I'm honestly lost on why you're shouting about this guy. What have you seen?

I've done some half baked research on this guy because I'd never heard of him and I'm not sure exactly why we would want him over Gabriel. One thing I noticed is Torino have won 8 league games this year and he was only in the team for 1 of those 8. That team can't defend and he isn't even an automatic starter for them. When he has it looks like they've done worse.

I'm honestly lost on why you're shouting about this guy. What have you seen?
One of the better mobile passing CBs in Europe at the moment. Ancelotti has shown he wants to play out from the back proven by the number of passes Mina and Holgate have averaged per game since his arrival. Lyanco is comfortable with the ball at his feet like most Brazilians and has a no nonsense side to him as well loving to get stuck into tackles

Of the games he’s played >60 mins, the team has let in 6 goals in 5 games. That’s not bad when you account for Torino losing 4-0 to Lecce and Lazio and 7-0 to Atalanta, over the corse he played a combined 84 mins.

The game that did it for me was against Juve he pocketed Dybala all game and was a key factor neither him nor Ronald being able to score. Dybala was replaced early for Higuain trying to match Lyancos physicality but still made little difference

Last edited:
One of the better mobile passing CBs in Europe at the moment. Ancelotti has shown he wants to play out from the back proven by the number of passes Mina and Holgate have averaged per game since his arrival. Lyanco is comfortable with the ball at his feet like most Brazilians and has a no nonsense side to him as well loving to get stuck into tackles

Of the games he’s played >60 mins, the team has let in 6 goals in 5 games. That’s not bad when you account for Torino losing 4-0 to Lecce and Lazio and 7-0 to Atalanta, over the corse he played a combined 84 mins.

The game that did it for me was against Juve he pocketed Dybala all game and was a key factor him neither him nor Ronald being able to score. Dybala was replaced early for Higuain trying to match Lyancos physicality but still made little difference
You've miscounted that to begin with, but picking 60 minutes as the bench mark selectively excludes a game they lost 4-0 where he started and was yanked off early.

The fact that he isn't an automatic started for a team that lost games 4-0 and 7-0 isn't exactly a positive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back