Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catcherintherye i wrote hilarious because City and the RS have been linked to Koulibaly for 2 years and then suddenly he rocks up at Finch Farm? Would be very very funny.

@bag a yoko you not the biggest Skriniar fan? Supposedly the deal inter want is £40mil obligation to buy after a 12month loan. Seems a very good deal to me. Surely hes the vidic type who would do well in the prem.

@Neiler thoughts on these Godfrey rumours, i remember you liked him. Loads of press saying hes similar to Rio Ferdinand, who mentors him. Funnily enough he left west ham at 22 for leeds...how would you compare them both at that age?

If I had to pick a centre back as a potential Investment and huge headroom who could play now would be Godfrey. Hugely impressed with him. He’s the potential to be international And CL class.

I watched Norwich last year and the season before to look at Aaron’s and Lewis, but always left impressed by Godfrey as their best defender. Thought he was MOM vs us away last year, so surprised people are indifferent.

He’s a tenacious defender loves a physical battle, did a great physical job on DCL when we played them, he’s a good technician has played midfield and very comfortable on the ball, playing out, but also taking it under pressure being pressed. He’s very good in the air and has an admirable turn of pace and excellent on interceptions, I think he’s a terrific attitude with leadership qualities to. He’s a very well rounded defender with huge potential in my opinion, he’s going to a higher a level club just a matter of where eventually. Be made up with him. Bags of head room to develop.

Do I think he will come here? I think it will take 20-25 million, not sure we have that to spare. But a very good investment for my money.

Still a whole load of delusion in here.
Exactly, why can't we be happy with what we've got? It's the best it's been in years. We've bought well (very well). We've got one of the most decorated managers. It's good. It's great. It's magnifico. But. No. Now, people already sniffing for the next benchmark (buy this, sell that) before we've got the first i.e Europa. Calm down. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy this team, not the virtual one. Its Everton. It's always unexpected. And that's why I personally love them.
BTW, I already have great hopes for us this season as we are. Sure there's room for improvemen - better players available etc. But time gives the players that too, to better themselves. When not. Then act. Not knee jerking. That's what got us in this mess.

Exactly, why can't we be happy with what we've got? It's the best it's been in years. We've bought well (very well). We've got one of the most decorated managers. It's good. It's great. It's magnifico. But. No. Now, people already sniffing for the next benchmark (buy this, sell that) before we've got the first i.e Europa. Calm down. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy this team, not the virtual one. Its Everton. It's always unexpected. And that's why I personally love them.
BTW, I already have great hopes for us this season as we are. Sure there's room for improvemen - better players available etc. But time gives the players that too, to better themselves. When not. Then act. Not knee jerking. That's what got us in this mess.

We need a centre back. We have 2 fit centre backs, it's not knee jerk or anything when an injury to Keane or Mina will mess us up big time.

Oreet Bill.

We need a centre back. We have 2 fit centre backs, it's not knee jerk or anything when an injury to Keane or Mina will mess us up big time.
Need is a strong word. Who knows what would or wouldn't happen if we get or don't get one. I understand what you mean. Ideally, we'd have a new CB who's ready to go. But that in itself is never certain. The other way, is we don't and suddenly find branthwaite or one of the youngsters is the absolute dogs. No guarantees. Sometimes you buy chances, sometimes you have chances.

I mean, I think we have the quality in the squad to push for Europe even if the only player to come in now is a CB.

As it stands that's all we really have the wiggle room for because of our huge squad/wage bill.

If we can get rid of a few then I'm sure there'll be a late move but it all depends on getting rid.
I wonder how it works if we literally just bought out players from the last year of their contract. I don't mean how it works but how it affects us being able to sign anyone.

I mean we have loads of contracts up at the end of the season. A cheap deal now in January if it’s possible would be nice but the real spending is always going to be next season. Luckily we’re already much improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back