Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Top central midfielders. Plying their trade at the top level of European football.
None of the RS midfielders are anything special. They're all put in a very specific role of run really hard and don't do anything stupid. The magic in that team is the fullbacks pushing the ball upfield, Mane and Salah being really good, Firmino linking it all up and Van Dijk being a rock. The midfield is like reason 7 or 8 that they're good.

Mate, try to hide your obvious trolling, this is piss poor.

It's not trolling. If you want to pretend that Henderson isn't in the top bracket of European central midfielders than that's up to you. He's an RS, I can't stand him and his bellend Nivea adverts, but he's a very good CM.

Which Premier League teams do you think would be turning their nose up at him?

It's not trolling. If you want to pretend that Henderson isn't in the top bracket of European central midfielders than that's up to you. He's an RS, I can't stand him and his bellend Nivea adverts, but he's a very good CM.

Which Premier League teams do you think would be turning their nose up at him?
Chelsea and City would for sure, he wouldn't make a huge difference at United or Spurs either.

None of the RS midfielders are anything special. They're all put in a very specific role of run really hard and don't do anything stupid. The magic in that team is the fullbacks pushing the ball upfield, Mane and Salah being really good, Firmino linking it all up and Van Dijk being a rock. The midfield is like reason 7 or 8 that they're good.
Hopefully real Madrid or Barcelona will offer them big money transfer this season.

Chelsea and City would for sure, he wouldn't make a huge difference at United or Spurs either.

I'm not in love with Henderson. In fact, I think he is a blert. He is at least top 4 standard though, I am afraid. The standard that we will require to make the top 4.

He played for us before I had ever watched a match. Or turned 8. Sorry I don't know every player in our history.

Yes mate we discussed once again the need to upgrade the wingers, had a discussion on why using international caps to judge player quality is utterly mindless, and talked about needing to buy young players and also give the ones we have time to develop because we currently aren't a club with the attraction to buy players that are better than mid-table level.
So just you and your Bernie campaign then. Cheers for letting me know.

Have you actually just referenced Shoot? As in, the magazine that you used to buy when you were nine years old? lol

Sorry, I stopped reading Shoot in 1996, so I didn't realise that Klopp was so interested in him that he's never bid for him.

The fact is that he's cost the same amount of money as Andre Gomes. A player with significant pedigree, having been purchased by Barcelona for 40 million pound. Gbamin has next to zero pedigree in comparison. The truth is that Gomes may not even be at the level required if we genuinely want to get into the top four. We need players that can mix it with Kante and Henderson, not some perma crock who's biggest achievement is getting sent off in the German league.

He'll be an expensive waste. Vault me.

youve just referenced Jordan Henderson in the same sentence as Kante

you’re done in this thread mert, bed time

I think you need to do yourself a favour fam

Perhaps I do, as I'm writing on an Everton forum. I don't think you will find many rating Gomes over Henderson outside of here, though. And as for Gbamin, I don't think we could sell him even if we tried to.

But that’s his system and I doubt he’s changing. I think years ago at Milan he played a 4222. And may have played a diamond in the past. But I reckon that’s is as far as he go from a traditional 442.
I think at Milan it was mainly a diamond of Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka in-behind Inzaghi and Shev. As I remember at Madrid he played a 4-3-3.

If he does plan on sticking with it though, it is vital our central midfield, and wing options are dramatically improved. it’s been obvious that we’ve been easy to overrun in midfield under Ancelotti, and our wingers not really assisting or scoring goals is a massive problem

edit wow - only now after re-reading that comment has it sunk in just how good that Milan midfield was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back