Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I accept that some transfers can be disastrous. I'm stating that Gbamin has been disastrous for Everton, and that I don't expect him to reach the standard that we require.
It is much too early to say that.
Would you say the same for every injury such as a cruciate or broken leg or because it is not as obvious as those.
He is still a young player, now apparently nearly back to full fitness and if he has a good season next year he could prove to be a wonderful buy.
I think you need to wait until a player is at the end of a contract rather than at the start before deciding their worth.

No, I accept that some transfers can be disastrous. I'm stating that Gbamin has been disastrous for Everton, and that I don't expect him to reach the standard that we require.

But again, didn't you say this after the Palace game?

He was hesitant at first but you can tell that he's more than an adequate replacement for Idrissa Gana Gueye. Looks like he will come in handy as a reserve centre back as well.

End of the day gbamin has played one game in the prem and cost 25mil.

Henderson cost 20 nearly 10yrs ago. Now I’m not comparing them and don’t want to get into a huge debate, but for me he’s is a good player, he’s not some world class midfielder. Yes to be fair to him, he’s upped his game the last couple of years. But still doesn’t get a lot of goals or assists, as a box to box midfielder when you consider the 3 players infront of him.

He’s just a typical young English player, playing for Liverpool or Utd who gets hyped up to a ridiculous level. He was getting caps when he didn’t deserve them.

He’s not even a great defensive Midfielder which has been proven, when he’s played for England, was shocking in 2014. And 2018 England, had a nice run to the semi, soon as he came up against world class midfielders he collapsed. He does this thing where he starts to panic. And starts booting the ball anywhere. Similar to the Madrid final.

And also Klopp, spent 45mil on Fabinho to play that position. So he obviously didn’t think he was good enough to play there.

But like I’ve said, he’s upped his game, is a good captain and leader. Something we definitely lack.
But you could replace with loads of players and Liverpool would still be well clear at the top.

Well dont quote cos someone has not done well in another league that makes them crap.
It was always going to be difficult for him to get in that Napoli line up.
So if Carlo & Brands want him I would tend to trust them .
Brands had the chance to buy when he first came here and said he would'nt pay more than £20m so can't rate him that highly, also the only links for Lozano have come from Italian media which is very unreliable. It's just my view, i don't think he is very good that's all

Sometimes it just doesn't work for a player at a club , it doesn't mean the player could not be good elsewhere.
The advantage we have is that CA will have seen Lozano in training every day and will already know what the player is capable of.
I just don't rate him that's all, there are better options, also we need a right sided option and he plays more on the left.

But again, didn't you say this after the Palace game?

Yes, that comment is in the vaults. It was said at a time when people actually thought Silva was a decent manager and that Iwobi might be a decent a signing. I was trying to be positive in response to others that thought he looked way off the pace.

Things have really changed since then. Ancelotti is our manager, the links to Usmanov are far more established, we are supposed to have genuine ambitions to reach the top 4 in the foreseeable future, rather than the never ending plan to take things step-by-step over a 30 year period in the hope that it will all come together one day.

However, Gbamin has only completed one game since then, a game where he was absolutely rinsed by Aston Villa. He has been perma-crocked ever since. People are entitled to believe that he will become top 4 standard if he ever plays football again, but I disagree, and think that he's going to be another massive waste of money.

Brands had the chance to buy when he first came here and said he would'nt pay more than £20m so can't rate him that highly, also the only links for Lozano have come from Italian media which is very unreliable. It's just my view, i don't think he is very good that's all

I think hes brilliant but just hasnt settled/adapted in Italy.

Have to allow a season for players to adapt...if we could get him for £20mil id be confident he could do well for us.

We need 2 players per position. Theres 4 wide players needed in a squad and we have Bernard, Iwobi, Gordon and Walcott...

Yes, that comment is in the vaults. It was said at a time when people actually thought Silva was a decent manager and that Iwobi might be a decent a signing. I was trying to be positive in response to others that thought he looked way off the pace.

Things have really changed since then. Ancelotti is our manager, the links to Usmanov are far more established, we are supposed to have genuine ambitions to reach the top 4 in the foreseeable future, rather than the never ending plan to take things step-by-step over a 30 year period in the hope that it will all come together one day.

However, Gbamin has only completed one game since then, a game where he was absolutely rinsed by Aston Villa. He has been perma-crocked ever since. People are entitled to believe that he will become top 4 standard if he ever plays football again, but I disagree, and think that he's going to be another massive waste of money.

There was a massive improvement from his 1st to 2nd game.

It was also made public that he wasnt quite ready to play but only got on the pitch due to others not being available.

I cant believe youre judging a player on such little game time.

And his wages?

And the return we have received for that investment?

A disaster.
I'd imagine he's on about 80 odd k pw.

Complaining about wages you have in excess of 250k a week just from snieds and sigz. Your arguments are as consistent as a drunkard it's embarrassing. Before you argue injuries until this season he has played 30 games atleast a season for the past few. Has the attributes that are sorely lacking for us. [Poor language removed] happens with injuries and writing him of AS A crap player when clearly you have no idea is bellend behaviour. He might be crap but until such time is proven STFU

I think hes brilliant but just hasnt settled/adapted in Italy.

Have to allow a season for players to adapt...if we could get him for £20mil id be confident he could do well for us.

We need 2 players per position. Theres 4 wide players needed in a squad and we have Bernard, Iwobi, Gordon and Walcott...
I don't think he is anywhere near good enough, also you don't payout £40m for a player like Napoli did then expect them to take a year to adapt. I'm sick of hearing this tbh, these are pro level players who should be ready to come in and do a job imo. Also out of those 4 wide players you listed 3 offer us nothing and the other is an unproven youngster.

He didn’t play against Villa, he got injured inbetween that and the Watford game the week before where he played the full 90 and played well

I don't think he is anywhere near good enough, also you don't payout £40m for a player like Napoli did then expect them to take a year to adapt. I'm sick of hearing this tbh, these are pro level players who should be ready to come in and do a job imo. Also out of those 4 wide players you listed 3 offer us nothing and the other is an unproven youngster.
I doubt we will buy down the left this season, huge upgrade needed down the right.

I’m not convinced he rates Bernard, he’s left him out of away games. Iwobi has been injured. I think he will give them next season. And hopefully Gordon will get some game time, especially if the other 2 aren’t performing.

Long term I don’t see him playing 2 out and out wingers, a wide striker one side and more of a midfielder the other. A bit like how he set up at Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back