Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did'nt work at Utd because he was going missing for days at a time then turning up at training still off his face, not just that (like many of these young lads) he had a huge entourage he was dragging around everywhere with him and it was driving people at Utd nuts, also there was the whole turning up to the reserve game in the cowboy hat driving a Rolls Royce thing. He also needs to decide is he a footballer or is he a rapper.
The way United were playing it didn't really matter. He didn't fit. That's what happens when you sign players with no plan.

They are as long as money isn't discussed or how their club has been run in the last number of months.
Money for what? They pay wages at least as good as what we do. And players might not like everything about how the club is run, but they do like playing in Europe most years.

I do hope Brands is attached to reality more than what I see from supporters.

The way United were playing it didn't really matter. He didn't fit. That's what happens when you sign players with no plan.
They still managed to win an FA cup though, not much i know but more than we have ever done in recent years, but yeah i do agree that at point their recruitment was not as structured as you would expect from Man Utd

Mendes is 28 already and only played a few years at a decent level. I don't think that's a smart buy.

Aouar is good, but that would be very expensive.

Guimaraes probably is unavailable at this point having only moved in January. Can't imagine that being cheap either.

I know you're not saying sign these guys, I'm just pointing out that raiding Lyon might be tough because there isn't a ton there that can be had.

How do you think Lyons finances will be looking with the league terminated?

I think our right flank constantly being targetted as @Zatara says is a result of us never having a decent threat down there. Nothing for opposition left backs to wrry about, Coleman is on the decline but still adequate. No idea how much improved JJK will be, bu have no doubt we'd see our right side being targeted less if we had a quality RW.

We could put prime Andrei Kanchelskis on the right wing but oppositions would still target Sidibe and Coleman. As for Kenny who knows but we need a new right back

Compare Wan Bissaka defensively with what we have...

We could put prime Andrei Kanchelskis on the right wing but oppositions would still target Sidibe and Coleman. As for Kenny who knows but we need a new right back

Compare Wank Bissaka with what we have offensively...........

Fair enough, for what it's worth after a CM and a RW, my next priority would be RB, even before CB.

They still managed to win an FA cup though, not much i know but more than we have ever done in recent years, but yeah i do agree that at point their recruitment was not as structured as you would expect from Man Utd
With United's level of resources they should be top 4 every year. Spurs and Leicester beating them out is disgraceful management.

Money for what? They pay wages at least as good as what we do. And players might not like everything about how the club is run, but they do like playing in Europe most years.

I do hope Brands is attached to reality more than what I see from supporters.
They sacked CA because he sided with the players against a hare brained scheme drawn up by the owner.
He was replaced by Gattuso which has not gone well.
It looks as if they may lose some of their better players this summer in Koulibaly and Allan.
When I looked at wages it had Koulbaly at 50,000 EURO per week and the highest was Albiol at 80,000 Euro.
I know these figures are probably net but I don't think they compare with Premiership wages.
I readily accept that I found this on Google and it may not be accurate, but until I see a more reliable source it will do.

I can see why players would want to rush there.

They sacked CA because he sided with the players against a hare brained scheme drawn up by the owner.
He was replaced by Gattuso which has not gone well.
It looks as if they may lose some of their better players this summer in Koulibaly and Allan.

I can see why players would want to rush there.
I just look at the quality of players they've signed, in demand guys like Higuain and Mertens, vs ours, and come to the conclusion that they've had greater pull. Maybe this year starts to change that, but it's a start at best.

I just look at the quality of players they've signed, in demand guys like Higuain and Mertens, vs ours, and come to the conclusion that they've had greater pull. Maybe this year starts to change that, but it's a start at best.

to be fair we are much more competitive and attractive now. Our spending power is higher. With emerging world class players committing their future with us will naturally make us more attractive.

Don't see how there can feasibly be a transfer window this summer.

It'll have to be September. Just have a month at the start of the season where deals can get done.

Any talk of us signing anyone is also nonsense as it stands.

Deals that were lined up (Gabriel etc) maybe, but there's just too much uncertainty.

To be fair, with technology as it is, it shouldn't have too much hindrance, if anything there's more time now for clubs and agents to thrash out deals and just leave the medicals for as and when it's safe. They just need to make a decision on this and next season quicker.

to be fair we are much more competitive and attractive now. Our spending power is higher. With emerging world class players committing their future with us will naturally make us more attractive.
It's one of those I'll believe it when I see it things. The list of CL at the moment of signing level and in their prime still players we've signed over the last 15 years is pretty low.

To be fair, with technology as it is, it shouldn't have too much hindrance, if anything there's more time now for clubs and agents to thrash out deals and just leave the medicals for as and when it's safe. They just need to make a decision on this and next season quicker.

Clubs are potentially going to lose millions and millions. Other clubs are going bust.

I just don't see how teams can be focusing on transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back