Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have also been reports that Brands had an interest in Richarlison when he was in Brazil still and Brands was still in the Netherlands. So maybe Brands had a shortlist from which Silva said I like him and it went from there?

That's exactly how it should work for me. Brands scouts, Brands find the targets, Brands takes the targets to the manager and asks for his input and then Brands decides who to get and negotiates the deal. It isn't cutting the manager out, but his role should be pretty small. I feel that Marco's was.
I agree, that's how it should work. I'm just saying I wouldn't necessarily be so certain that that's how it does work. I suppose we'll find out in the summer.

I agree, that's how it should work. I'm just saying I wouldn't necessarily be so certain that that's how it does work. I suppose we'll find out in the summer.
I do think Moshiri could have reshuffled the structure when he went after Carlo. I hope he didn't but it seems like he doesn't really know what he wants to do yet.

This may be true (though I find the Digne one a stretch) but even if it were true, it is still a big tick for Brands for me. Being able to work consentually with managers, and trust their judgements when they are right is also a big part of the role. I am sure Brands tried to sign Richarlinson at PSV, so it seems both fancied him.
I'm not saying it as a criticism of Brands, I was suggesting responding to the suggestion that Ancelotti won't have anything to do with identifying targets by saying I wouldn't be so sure. I note though how you think the Digne one is 'a stretch' but you're 'sure' on the completely unsubstantiated (other than by Brands himself) suggestion that Brands is the one who had identified Richarlison while he was still in Brazil...

I don't know if I'd go that far, but yes, he's managing the team day to day while Brands and the rest are doing the recruitment and scouting. They should be allowed to do their jobs.
Do you really think he agreed to take the job, without any say in transfers. Like what’s been pointed out by loads of posters on here, since he got the job.

You dont hire Ancelotti, pay him a fortune and expect to coach a bunch of kids and stay around mid table for the next few years. Don’t get me wrong, covid has probably changed a few things, but he would never have took the job without reassurances, regarding money and ambition.

Do you really think he agreed to take the job, without any say in transfers. Like what’s been pointed out by loads of posters on here, since he got the job.

You dont hire Ancelotti, pay him a fortune and expect to coach a bunch of kids and stay around mid table for the next few years. Don’t get me wrong, covid has probably changed a few things, but he would never have took the job without reassurances, regarding money and ambition.
I know we aren't Bayern or Madrid, but the structure we are trying to put into place are what those teams use and he took those jobs.

I know we aren't Bayern or Madrid, but the structure we are trying to put into place are what those teams use and he took those jobs.
I don’t know who he bought when he was in charge of them clubs, but I would imagine he was taking over the champions in Germany? And the biggest, richest club in the league.

And witt Madrid, again one of the richest in the world. Who can attract and virtually buy anyone they want.

Or maybe I’ve got it wrong and they both where hovering around relegation when he took them jobs? Hadn’t won a trophy in 25years. And only played in the champions league once in years.
I wonder what attracted him to us and the north west of England.

Let’s not forget Italian journalists where saying he’s not taking the job, he’s going to spend Christmas with his wife in Canada and will wait till the summer, when he would have had plenty of offers.

I don’t know who he bought when he was in charge of them clubs, but I would imagine he was taking over the champions in Germany? And the biggest, richest club in the league.

And witt Madrid, again one of the richest in the world. Who can attract and virtually buy anyone they want.

Or maybe I’ve got it wrong and they both where hovering around relegation when he took them jobs? Hadn’t won a trophy in 25years. And only played in the champions league once in years.
I wonder what attracted him to us and the north west of England.

Let’s not forget Italian journalists where saying he’s not taking the job, he’s going to spend Christmas with his wife in Canada and will wait till the summer, when he would have had plenty of offers.
I'm not really sure what league position has to do with him being ok with having a DOF.

Brands going in for Gueye would sum that clown up.

How so? If he signed him on a loan or at a cut-rate to what we sold him, then that is excellent business for a player that is still at the top of his game and to fill in for his injured replacement.

It would be like you selling me a bike for £50, and then one year later, it was in the same condition (if not better) and I sold it back to you for £25, after the bike you bought to replace popped a tyre. You'd think you were a genius.

I'm not really sure what league position has to do with him being ok with having a DOF.
Wasn’t about that, but obviously your moving the goal posts. My point was he’s not coming to us without having a say in transfers. You think differently fair enough let’s leave at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back