Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let me know which 3 games you watched to come up with this absolute pile of garbage. I just want to understand.

take your pick from nearly any part of the 17/18 season. Everton fans massively overhype some average players and then seem to like to tear down genuine good ones. So Lukaku and Stones got pelters at times yet people worship the likes of Gueye Barry Siggurdson. Baffling.

take your pick from nearly any part of the 17/18 season. Everton fans massively overhype some average players and then seem to like to tear down genuine good ones. So Lukaku and Stones got pelters at times yet people worship the likes of Gueye Barry Siggurdson. Baffling.

Stones deserved pelters, Barry deserved worship.

You're odd.

In my opinion Barry was every bit as good as Lukaku an Stones. To even suggest Barry as average is a bit laughable. I would be made up to have a younger Barry in Everton’s midfield today.

You need cold shower if you thought Barry was average. I don't think he lost the ball while he played for us.

Stones was extremely overhyped...Gueye and Barry were both excellent...

Stones was extremely overhyped...Gueye and Barry were both excellent...
I thought all three were good personally. Easy to say stones was overhyped but considering he was 21 when he played his last game for us I think the hype was totally justified. He’s an extremely talented footballer, his career hasn’t quite th heights I thought it would (although half a dozen trophies and regular for England isn’t to be sniffed at) but I’d still say he was the second biggest talent I’ve seen at Everton after Rooney.

Google translate:
"The leaders of Everton and AC Milan have a role to play in the follow-up to Thiago Silva's adventure at PSG. Explanations…

At the end of the contract with PSG, Thiago Silva has an extension offer from Leonardo. As revealed by le10sport.com exclusively, on April 15, the Parisian sporting director came to his captain for one more season (2021). A change of course on the part of the PSG leader, following the Covid-19 crisis, in order to postpone the recruitment of a new central defender, still according to le10sport.com. Two foreign clubs would pinch for Thiago Silva, however: Everton and AC Milan. Interests that would play an essential role regarding the extension of the Brazilian.
The AC Milan or Everton offer decisive for Thiago Silva?

According to TMW this Friday, Thiago Silva's future with PSG would depend on the possible proposals of Everton and AC Milan, his former club. If the English or Rossoneri reach an agreement with the Paris defender before long, the latter should no longer wear the colors of PSG. Otherwise, Thiago Silva could negotiate an extension in order to finish at least the PSG campaign in the Champions League (August). "

....I think he believed he was at the top rather than keep progressing to the top. The fame and fortune put him in the comfort zone which is understandable.
Mentality is a pretty big part of reaching the top though. Perhaps that’s halted or at least delayed his progression. Just speculating, but he really hasn’t turned into the defender most expected.

Last edited:

Google translate:
"The leaders of Everton and AC Milan have a role to play in the follow-up to Thiago Silva's adventure at PSG. Explanations…

At the end of the contract with PSG, Thiago Silva has an extension offer from Leonardo. As revealed by le10sport.com exclusively, on April 15, the Parisian sporting director came to his captain for one more season (2021). A change of course on the part of the PSG leader, following the Covid-19 crisis, in order to postpone the recruitment of a new central defender, still according to le10sport.com. Two foreign clubs would pinch for Thiago Silva, however: Everton and AC Milan. Interests that would play an essential role regarding the extension of the Brazilian.
The AC Milan or Everton offer decisive for Thiago Silva?

According to TMW this Friday, Thiago Silva's future with PSG would depend on the possible proposals of Everton and AC Milan, his former club. If the English or Rossoneri reach an agreement with the Paris defender before long, the latter should no longer wear the colors of PSG. Otherwise, Thiago Silva could negotiate an extension in order to finish at least the PSG campaign in the Champions League (August). "

In my opinion Barry was every bit as good as Lukaku an Stones. To even suggest Barry as average is a bit laughable. I would be made up to have a younger Barry in Everton’s midfield today.

yeah I’d like a young Barry as well, just not the 35 year old geriatric we had towards the end. This was the guy outsprinted by Mesut Ozil in 2010 but yeah he was still ‘class’ 7 years later apparently.

Gareth Barry had one good season in an Everton shirt and then was an utter liability and a waste of space. I used to love watching him clatter a player who wasn’t even quick as they’ve walked round him and proceed to play the next 86 minutes of the game on a yellow.

Mentality is a pretty big part of reaching the top though. Perhaps that’s halted or at least delayed his progression. Just speculating, but he really hasn’t turned into the defender most expected.

...absolutely. It’s what sets the special ones apart. The likes of Rooney, Beckham, Suarez still have a hunger to play despite all the riches.

yeah I’d like a young Barry as well, just not the 35 year old geriatric we had towards the end. This was the guy outsprinted by Mesut Ozil in 2010 but yeah he was still ‘class’ 7 years later apparently.
He was still quality the first season we had him. He wasn’t an average player. That’s the point I was trying to make. I wouldn’t want the Barry that was at the end of his Everton career an the one at West Brom playing for Everton. A younger one would be great tho are midfielder options are terrible. We really need to improve in this area an hopefully we can for next season.

He was still quality the first season we had him. He wasn’t an average player. That’s the point I was trying to make. I wouldn’t want the Barry that was at the end of his Everton career an the one at West Brom playing for Everton. A younger one would be great tho are midfielder options are terrible. We really need to improve in this area an hopefully we can for next season.

Barry was superb in his first season. The season after he was used in near enough every European game and prem game. Crazy over use of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back