Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I’d like a young Barry as well, just not the 35 year old geriatric we had towards the end. This was the guy outsprinted by Mesut Ozil in 2010 but yeah he was still ‘class’ 7 years later apparently.

To play devils advocate a bit, England were wholly outplayed by Germany that day, and Barry was a useful scapegoat because Lampard, Scholes and to a major degree Gerrard were off limits for criticism. Geriatric or otherwise, I still think Barry was every bit as good as messers Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson or even Delph even when he was 35.

Gareth Barry had one good season in an Everton shirt and then was an utter liability and a waste of space. I used to love watching him clatter a player who wasn’t even quick as they’ve walked round him and proceed to play the next 86 minutes of the game on a yellow.
He and McCarthy were excellent in their first year. JMac became a crock and Barry wasn’t able to keep up with the pace of the game anymore after that.

I like Barry, but he is the definition of a cult favorite that was overrated after his 1st season.

Lee Carsley was absolutely not better than Andre Gomes. Nor was Tommy. What they were though was part of a well drilled team where everyone knew their roles.

We've had 4 managers in what, 3 years?
Gomes is certainly more talented than anyone we’ve had in a long while. Problem is that he isn’t the complete pacakage at the moment and has a long way to go mentally. Love him though

He and McCarthy were excellent in their first year. JMac became a crock and Barry wasn’t able to keep up with the pace of the game anymore after that.

I like Barry, but he is the definition of a cult favorite that was overrated after his 1st season.
I remember Barry's debut (I think) against Chelsea. When Eto'o basically had a tap in and I thought it was a goal and was already head in hands, then literally from nowhere Barry appeared and cleared it from the line. His positional sense was what allowed him to go on so long in the top flight. I don't think he was overrated at all. I think he was underrated by opposition fans.

I remember Barry's debut (I think) against Chelsea. When Eto'o basically had a tap in and I thought it was a goal and was already head in hands, then literally from nowhere Barry appeared and cleared it from the line. His positional sense was what allowed him to go on so long in the top flight. I don't think he was overrated at all. I think he was underrated by opposition fans.
Like I said, first season excellent, fell off hard afterwards as did McCarthy

Is it time for my annual Dominico Berardi punt? After things slowed down for him with his move and loan back from Juventus he seems to be banging them in and assisting again.. and his a RW. Just what we need...
Pretty good player however he seems to me like a goal scorer first and a creator second. That's sort of the opposite of what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back