Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always laugh when I hear the Makelele role, i can think of so many defensive midfielders before him who did exactly the same thing.

Good player mind, but utter typical Sky drivel that he revolutionised or invented the defensive midfield role.

When I hear ‘the Makelele role’ I think of being undervalued by glory seeking fans with little footballing Brain until you’ve left the team and it turns out you were an integral part of facilitating the high skilled low effort players to not have to defend.

When I hear ‘the Makelele role’ I think of being undervalued by glory seeking fans with little footballing Brain until you’ve left the team and it turns out you were an integral part of facilitating the high skilled low effort players to not have to defend.

Not as bad as the 'quarterback' role. Makes my skin crawl hearing someone say this.

think it was more from his Real Madrid days when he was literally the only player sitting deep whilst the rest of the midfield attacked. He was good but not that good at Chelsea. Essien or Matic were probably better than him as players immediately following him.

Thing is, one of the weakest links in that spine will defo still be here next season and that's Pickford.

Im hoping Pickford gets himself back to 17/18 levels otherwise it’ll be a problem. The three outfield players though are toxic, any player would look bad alongside them. No pace, no aggression, no creativity, poor touches, no leadership, don’t care. A truly awful collection of players, and people wonder why we’ve struggled.

I don't think Klaassen has exactly ripped it up in Germany either has he? I think he was just a very very average player that we massively overpaid for to be honest, he wasn't really suited to the PL but mainly he was just not very good.
Bremen are on the verge of being relegated with him and Nuri Sahin playing centre midfield.

#Merseypride

yeah I remeber we were unbeaten whenver he played for a while. For a decent amount of games,just that he didn’t string many games together in a row. But I also remeber bake never winning a match for a stupid amount of games when he first went to spurs .
Bale didn’t win a game with Spurs until he was torn a new one by Seamus at GP. Had to be subbed at HT due to being traumatised. I still believe to this day that, that 2-2 game was the making of Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back