Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully a holding mid would be on the shopping list, but I’d rather see Holgate play in the middle than Schneiderlin.
With Mina hurt that isn't going to be happening, but even if he was fit that is only really a solution for games where we need someone to break up play more than pass. Holgate has shown next to zero on the ball in the games he has played in the middle (I know he has 3 assists, that's not really an indication of what we need from a deeper midfielder) and for games like Norwich that really won't do.

...I agree about the situation regarding Schneiderlin, he’s been getting game time because he’s one of the few we have who sit in front of the back four. If a Schneiderlin is going, I‘d think a replacement is lined up (although it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the Dutch lad rather than Hojberg).

For once, I’d be disappointed if Brands wants Todibo. I’ve been very disappointed in what I’ve seen from a quality and attitude perspective, although i accept Brands is a far better judge than me.
Agree on Koopmeiner. Could see us possibly signing 2 center mids. Perhaps he and Allan, particularly if that 12m for the Dutch fellow was near accurate.

I want us to sign both Todibo and Gabriel. Todibo would be ideal as cover for both CB and DCM and Gabriel would be the perfect partner for Holgate. I also want another midfielder to come in who can be first choice and then depending on the game it will be either Gomes or Todibo to play alongside. If it turns out Todibo is a better CB then it will allow us to let Keane go and hopefully Gbamin will be over his injury problems by then.

...I agree about the situation regarding Schneiderlin, he’s been getting game time because he’s one of the few we have who sit in front of the back four. If a Schneiderlin is going, I‘d think a replacement is lined up (although it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the Dutch lad rather than Hojberg).

For once, I’d be disappointed if Brands wants Todibo. I’ve been very disappointed in what I’ve seen from a quality and attitude perspective, although i accept Brands is a far better judge than me.
You could be right we secure him then we sit tight and see what else comes up on the market or if Hojberg's price comes down it may depend if Spurs are really in for him.

I want us to sign both Todibo and Gabriel. Todibo would be ideal as cover for both CB and DCM and Gabriel would be the perfect partner for Holgate. I also want another midfielder to come in who can be first choice and then depending on the game it will be either Gomes or Todibo to play alongside. If it turns out Todibo is a better CB then it will allow us to let Keane go and hopefully Gbamin will be over his injury problems by then.
Gabriel is the one for me. Todibo is whatever in my eyes, it could work, it might not, but Gabriel feels like someone who can step in and be very good while getting better.

I'd be very happy to see him move into midfield. If we get Zouma in on loan, it will allow him to do that.
I’m not convinced he’s good enough to play midfield, he’s played about 3 games there, surely if he was technically good enough he wouid have played in midfield plenty of times previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back