Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013/2014 the balance was unreal and probably for that and 2014/2015 he was the best RB in the league

McCarthy was huge that season covering for Coleman, and Pienaar and Osman also had the intelligence to cover full backs on both flanks. Since then we’ve had an abundance of midfielders who can’t get across the park and wide players with no footballing intelligence whatsoever.

McCarthy was huge that season covering for Coleman, and Pienaar and Osman also had the intelligence to cover full backs on both flanks. Since then we’ve had an abundance of midfielders who can’t get across the park and wide players with no footballing intelligence whatsoever.

Liverpool do it for their fullbacks 3 cloggers who just run and cover.

The bench was telling yesterday it's clear Carlo only rates Gordon, Beni and Braithwaite of the kids. We are desperate in midfield, desperate. We must have something lined up with Morgan going.

Sure there will be some of the loan lads he’ll want to look at.

Would imagine at minimum Gibson would have been in for Virginia yesterday had he been available.

8 days left of Oumar ever though!

Coleman is fine as a backup option for a season.

Kyle John may be ok as well in games next season. Though Martina was preferred yesterday.

We need a starting right back and to hope they dont miss a few games in a row.

Gomes isnt great in a 2
Davies needs to improve
Gbamin is out till Xmas
Delph is always injured

We defo need two

agree with that, schniderlin out and Kessie on loan from Milan and Sangare for about £15m to £20m from Toulouse

Exactly, Liverpool don’t buy slow weak players. Everton seem to love identifying players who are painfully slow then playing them all together.

Loads do, they got lucky with TAA, but they had Clyne in there, and he’s defensively weak but powerful and quick up the line.

Leicester have Chilwell and Pereira and their backup isn’t bad in Justin either.
Something about our recruitment is all wrong, not saying a Barca cast off is bad, but there’s a reason they are moved on so quickly they’re not good enough, So why are we so keen on them?

I’m not saying we should be Barca picky, but be looking for young, promising to go with our already established players, weve got to be the slowest side in the Prem for 20 years, take away Calvert Lewin and a Richarlison, who do we have who’s quick?

I know Brands said no extravagant names in his recent interview but i think there will be a few top players offered out on loan by the big clubs and if the deals right and we get rid of some of the big earners off the wage bill then maybe those top players will be too good to turn down.

Give Carlo the tools to do the job.

Sick of no mark clubs like Leicester and Wolves qualfying for europe and winning league titles whilst the true sleeping giant of English football lumbers around in 8th-11th every season getting knocked out the cups in the early rounds.

Back him!!
I think that's hard on Leicester and Wolves. Wolves are/ were a sleeping giant. They are well run clubs that have decent recruitment and teams that actually seem to have a purpose in how they've been built rather than be bolted together by a collection of half wits over several different managerial regimes.

I think that's hard on Leicester and Wolves. Wolves are/ were a sleeping giant. They are well run clubs that have decent recruitment and teams that actually seem to have a purpose in how they've been built rather than be bolted together by a collection of half wits over several different managerial regimes.

If we are happy in 8th-11th we may aswell have rehired Alladyce on a shoestring budget.

You employ the best now back him before someone else comes along and does!

Honestly rather have the proven article, Allen, we will get at least 3 good years out of him. With one of the other two you mentioned.

thr problem I have with signing Allan, is he’s 29, yes he’s proven, but in a totally different league. Say it takes him a season to adjust, by then he’s coming 31. The likes of a hojbjerg is at least he knows the league, won’t have to adapt, is younger and also probably cheaper.

How can Wolves be a sleeping giant when they've won F all for 60 years and spent most of that in a lower league.

One long sleep that.

Loads do, they got lucky with TAA, but they had Clyne in there, and he’s defensively weak but powerful and quick up the line.

Leicester have Chilwell and Pereira and their backup isn’t bad in Justin either.
Something about our recruitment is all wrong, not saying a Barca cast off is bad, but there’s a reason they are moved on so quickly they’re not good enough, So why are we so keen on them?

I’m not saying we should be Barca picky, but be looking for young, promising to go with our already established players, weve got to be the slowest side in the Prem for 20 years, take away Calvert Lewin and a Richarlison, who do we have who’s quick?

Holgate is pretty quick.

RW we buy has to be direct and threat in and behind far too many of our wide players want it to feet, hopefully we get lucky and get one who can do both.

CM: We need a player similar to Allan, watched Napoli a fair bit and it’s safe to say he makes Fabian Ruiz better, Ruiz has some similar traits to Gomes.

CB: one able to comfortably help us beat the press alongside Holgate.

RB: Can we just reverse age Coleman back to 2013/2014 standards please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back